HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kubina would prefer to stay in Toronto

Old
02-14-2009, 11:57 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
I wasn't saying Osala/Varlamov be compensation for taking Nylander, as in them being sent on top of the original deal for Kubina. i meant if Toronto takes Nylander's salary, one of those guys should be the bargaining chips for Kubina, as opposed to maybe a lesser prospect
Fair enough, at least as far as Osala's concerned. Osala + Nylander + pick might be fair, even if it would never happen.

Varlamov would be a non-starter even if the value's there.

I'd rather the team try to unload Nylander on a team that would actually want him (Would the Habs get desperate enough? Might the Hawks still have some use for him? Maybe the Cats think he'd fit in there?) and be free to make other moves without worrying about these extra layers of compensation.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
The King 1

I like Kubina and he is a solid `D`man with size but I`m not sure he gets that much back. If Kabs is moved Kubina is less likely to be moved. If a 1st is included with a prospect and a salary dump I`d move Kubina. But for what I`ve been hearing his value is I keep him and he can be a leader in the Toronto dressing room as he is well liked by the players and the coach. Having said that Toronto is in a rebuild and the more players moved the quicker the youth talent pool is rebuilt. Burke needs to retain character players to help develop his young players. It will be a interesting trade deadline. The Caps do need to tweek there line up for a good playoff run and Kubina would be a nice addition ( except his 5 million salary ).

The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:38 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King 1 View Post
I like Kubina and he is a solid `D`man with size but I`m not sure he gets that much back. If Kabs is moved Kubina is less likely to be moved. If a 1st is included with a prospect and a salary dump I`d move Kubina. But for what I`ve been hearing his value is I keep him and he can be a leader in the Toronto dressing room as he is well liked by the players and the coach. Having said that Toronto is in a rebuild and the more players moved the quicker the youth talent pool is rebuilt. Burke needs to retain character players to help develop his young players. It will be a interesting trade deadline. The Caps do need to tweek there line up for a good playoff run and Kubina would be a nice addition ( except his 5 million salary ).
everyone prefers th stay in toronto ..lol ...problem is the coach and gm want to win .4 years and umm someone has to go .kubina is gone

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:40 AM
All_blueandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Fair enough, at least as far as Osala's concerned. Osala + Nylander + pick might be fair, even if it would never happen.

Varlamov would be a non-starter even if the value's there.

I'd rather the team try to unload Nylander on a team that would actually want him (Would the Habs get desperate enough? Might the Hawks still have some use for him? Maybe the Cats think he'd fit in there?) and be free to make other moves without worrying about these extra layers of compensation.
Montreal has a lot of UFAs and RFAs this season so I don't think they want to take on a contract like that.

It's going to be hard for Washington to find a taker for Nylander

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:27 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
Montreal has a lot of UFAs and RFAs this season so I don't think they want to take on a contract like that.

It's going to be hard for Washington to find a taker for Nylander
That it is. I think things could be made to work by moving Morrisonn and Kozlov instead, but that would be less than ideal (Kozlov is pretty important).

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
everyone prefers th stay in toronto ..lol ...problem is the coach and gm want to win .4 years and umm someone has to go .kubina is gone
If he wants to stay, he can easily list 10 teams that aren't going to be too intrested in acquiring him (sellers+teams that are set at defence or can't take him due to the cap)

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote