03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Calling a Taxi for Mr. Perrin, you Ungrateful ****

Oh, the article is about Perrin wanting to get traded

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp..._deadline.html
I just finally read this article, and am really confused as to why everybody is jumping on him for what he said there. All he wants is a chance to show that he really is the player we saw last year. I see no crime in that. If Kovalchuk leaves at the end of next year, are you all going to hate him as well? He'll be leaving because he can never be the best he can be playing for a non-contender. Perrin has worked his ass off for this team, was second in team scoring at the end of last season, tied with Kozlov, and does not take a single shift off. Anderson paid him back with a demotion to the fourth line.

I'd do the exact same thing in his position, and I'm sure everybody else here would too.

Old
03-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Georgia Dawg

Kovalchuk is out of tomorrow nights game.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...kovalchuk.html

Old
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
I

I'd do the exact same thing in his position, and I'm sure everybody else here would too.
You'd quit on your team because they were losing then whine because you didn't gt to play with the susperstars even though you're a plumber?

Old
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
You'd quit on your team because they were losing then whine because you didn't gt to play with the susperstars even though you're a plumber?
Perrin has not quit on the team due to losing. The team quit on Perrin by not playing him correctly.

Old
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
blankspace6

Quote:
Perrin has not quit on the team due to losing. The team quit on Perrin by not playing him correctly.
How exactly were they not playing him correctly?
I thought 3rd and 4th liners play on the 3rd and 4th lines?

Old
03-15-2009, 06:42 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
The team quit on Perrin by not playing him correctly.
That doesn't make sense.

Sorry, Perrin isn't a second liner. He very much isn't a first liner. To insinuate otherwise is being quite disingenuous.

Old
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Perrin has been played on the 4th line all season. He should be on the third line.

When did I ever say he belonged in the top 6?

Old
03-15-2009, 07:56 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
You say he's been on the fourth line all season? You're wrong. He's been on the third AND fourth line, yes, but not exclusively on the fourth line -- which is what you've just now implied.

You say he's been used incorrectly? He's a third liner, at best, which means he has been used correctly. To say he has been used incorrectly implies that he deserves first or second line minutes with our top six guys.

Used incorrectly? Nay. He was dogging it, plain and simple. He went and whined to the media, got waived, and saw that no other team wanted him. That's why he's playing like he is now -- it's an attempt to show the rest of the NHL that he can be useful so he can get out of Atlanta.

Old
03-16-2009, 01:45 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Perrin has been played on the 4th line all season. He should be on the third line.
Perrin centered the 4th line for the 17 games that Slater was injured.

I'm sure Slater would like to personally apologize to you and Eric for his shoulder injury and for Perrin to have to play a role that was beneath him.

Old
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
dj4aces

Ilya Kovalchuk interview. Yep, another one. This one is posted on Mirtle's blog.

Quote:
By way of Japers' Rink contributer Tuvan Hillbilly, what follows is a translation of a recent Sport Express interview of Thrashers star Ilya Kovalchuk conducted by Russian reporter Slava Malamud. Among other things, he talks about his friendship with Dany Heatley, the Russians' eye on the Olympics next February and his long-term future in Atlanta.

There's also this great line, which I'm hoping will turn into the NHL's next catch phrase: "You can't be an amoeba when you play hockey."

(Oh, yeah. There's more.)

Old
03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Whaddagoal

Odd interview to the say the least....

The interviewer (Malamud) sure was trying hard to get Ilya to bite on a bunch of questions that would leave him open to sensationalists looking for ammunition in the ways of a "juicy quote" ..... (ie, the interviewers persistance on the alleged problems with the national team and coach, Crosby incident years ago, etc). For the most part he didn't bite.

Did Slava Malamud really say that Atlanta plays the trap at the end? Or was that a translation mishap.

Quote:
Ovechkin's 25 minutes in Washington are surely easier than your 25 minutes in Atlanta, which have been spent playing trap this season.

Old
03-19-2009, 10:29 AM
dj4aces

It seemed that way, didn't it? The Thrashers certainly haven't engaged in playing the neutral zone trap very often, if at all, this year. That should be obvious, since the Thrashers have allowed 240 goals this year so far.

That said, here's my favorite quote from the interview:

Quote:
Wouldn't you like to play with [Heatley] again on the same team?

"Who knows what's going to happen. He played well in Atlanta, and then there was the accident [which killed teammate Dan Snyder] and he had to have a change of scenery. I will say that the two of us played really well together on the same line. Heatley is a great passer. For some reason I'm not a very good passer. I understand what you're getting at. I'll go talk with Dany now so that he can ask to be transferred to Atlanta."

Closed Thread