HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anyone seen Hossa play?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2004, 12:17 PM
  #1
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen Hossa play?

Just curious, the guy seems to be on a hot streak but I never like to judge players until I actually see them or hear from reliable sources. Is the guy getting points the same way Dagenais does or is he actually using his size like he can and playing with intensity?

Also if you've seen him lately, then you can probably fill us in on our other prospects .

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 12:22 PM
  #2
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,130
vCash: 500
Yes, he's been working hard for his points. Controlling the boards and working himself to the slot. Takes a lot of shots from the high slot as well.

I'll be down in Hamilton again for their next couple of games and can post some updates when I'm back.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 12:25 PM
  #3
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Yes, he's been working hard for his points. Controlling the boards and working himself to the slot. Takes a lot of shots from the high slot as well.

I'll be down in Hamilton again for their next couple of games and can post some updates when I'm back.

That would be great, thanks.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 12:46 PM
  #4
BBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: new carlisle
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
He as 14g 14 pass in44games Ben Gratton as15g 28pass in38games and
Gratton isn't good enough to play whit the habs.
Chris higgins as 16 g and 19pass 53games first pro
year whit limited ice time.
For me that mean Hossa is not getting better or not
making effort to be better he as to put in is head what
it take to play NHL and go after it.
Kilger is what he look like they bring him to soon didn't
learn what it take to play in NHL.

BBR is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:04 PM
  #5
Physical HABuse
Registered User
 
Physical HABuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
You can't just look at the season as a whole and through foggy glasses. You have to understand what transpired within the season. Hossa's confidence was shot for some time early in the season when he was sent down......he seems to be a fragile player. I think he's worked on this.and has regained his confidence and you can't argue with his productivity as of late. Everyone should just get off of his a$$ already and let him develop.

Physical HABuse is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
  #6
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
He as 14g 14 pass in44games Ben Gratton as15g 28pass in38games and
Gratton isn't good enough to play whit the habs.
Chris higgins as 16 g and 19pass 53games first pro
year whit limited ice time.
For me that mean Hossa is not getting better or not
making effort to be better he as to put in is head what
it take to play NHL and go after it.
Kilger is what he look like they bring him to soon didn't
learn what it take to play in NHL.


Please don't bother responding, telling me stats I can find on my own is completly irrelevant.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:13 PM
  #7
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Please don't bother responding, telling me stats I can find on my own is completly irrelevant.
That's harsh.

Hossa is injured right now, he received a slashing if I'm not mistaking. He shouldn't be out for long, though.

Rahan is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
  #8
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
That's harsh.

Hossa is injured right now, he received a slashing if I'm not mistaking. He shouldn't be out for long, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
the guy seems to be on a hot streak but I never like to judge players until I actually see them or hear from reliable sources
I like when people at least try to read before replying or at the very least use the slightest bit of logic when comparing stats.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
  #9
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
...*Misleading Stats*...
Hossa took forever to get going; I think he needed to get his head on straight or something, but when he finally snapped out it, he started producing at a decent clip...

All-Star is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
  #10
BBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: new carlisle
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
I know stats dont tell all but a good indicator he
played better for a while but some you would like
him to come back whit the habs .
To me its to soon he is to fragile mentaly he needs
to be on fire for a while i dont whant to see
him on till next trainingh camp i think it would be
the best for him but that just my opinion maybe
i am rong

BBR is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
  #11
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
I know stats dont tell all but a good indicator he
played better for a while but some you would like
him to come back whit the habs .
To me its to soon he is to fragile mentaly he needs
to be on fire for a while i dont whant to see
him on till next trainingh camp i think it would be
the best for him but that just my opinion maybe
i am rong


Much better and clearer lol. I don't want him back on the team personnaly, if he's on a hot streak then he's gaining confidence and its better for him to stay at that level. I just wanted to know if the streak was a fluke or not.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 01:36 PM
  #12
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
I know stats dont tell all but a good indicator he
played better for a while but some you would like
him to come back whit the habs .
To me its to soon he is to fragile mentaly he needs
to be on fire for a while i dont whant to see
him on till next trainingh camp i think it would be
the best for him but that just my opinion maybe
i am rong
I totally agree...

All-Star is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.