HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#55 -- Flyers at Rangers -- February 15, 2009 -- 12:30 PM (ET)

Old
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I'm kind of hoping Brodeur sucks when he gets back. I think we were starting to see some chinks in that armor the last couple seasons in games here and there, so hopefully the long layoff means he'll struggle to find his game.
Brodeur has been with ever greater consistency having "**** the bed" sequences of games. He let in some just brutal goals in the playoffs last year. In our series a few years back he wasn't very good--the Markov goal anyone?

Still on the whole very good, but you can definitely catch him in a bad week or month with ever greater frequency.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Get Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I'm kind of hoping Brodeur sucks when he gets back. I think we were starting to see some chinks in that armor the last couple seasons in games here and there, so hopefully the long layoff means he'll struggle to find his game.
I hope so too.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Carter View Post
What talent would you say the Rangers have? Besides Lunqvist and maybe Zherdev, the Rangers do not have the talent, IMO and simply just aren't that good.
So Naslund, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Staal aren't talented????

I never said they had superstars, or that their talent was young, but these guys have had good careers, or potential in the case of Staal. They certainly have the talent.....its the determination and the grit that they are lacking.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Get Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
So Naslund, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Staal aren't talented????

I never said they had superstars, or that their talent was young, but these guys have had good careers, or potential in the case of Staal. They certainly have the talent.....its the determination and the grit that they are lacking.
I disagree. I think their personnel is just not that good/overpaid.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:07 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Be good to see more of a Rangers-Flyers rivalry because I think the Rags do have a very strong fanbase unlike bandwagon-central in ****sburgh.

But yeah, they have made some really stupid decisions and I don't see them getting out of it any time soon.
Pittsburgh isn't fairweather.
They're a strong small market, like St. Louis.
Washington is the fairweather town, but PIT has drawn for two decades aside from when ownership was bankrupt, just like St. Louis did.

If you want to talk about bandwagon, not only mention Washington, but how about your town, Boston?
Remember how they couldn't sell out playoff games, or only with the help of Habs fans, and now are the 'hub of hockey?'
Talk about sickening.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote