HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/15/09 | no CAPS here | Capitals @ Panthers

View Poll Results: Better Nickname
Cats 12 54.55%
Caps 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
That's the Panthers I know.
What's that?

02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
BabyJagrov

We played a great game boys, we should be proud !

This Capitals team is one of the best in the NHL that's for sure, they have that lethal PP, those big bodies on the blueline, those electric offensive wizards and a former Hart-trophy winner in net !

We have to be upset, but we can't throw everything we have done this year out of the window because a team is better than us.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Tough one to swallow, but it's Ovechkin, what are you gonna do?

Old
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

That is some team over there in Washington. It looked like they weren't even trying and handled us with ease. Totally felt like we were just trying to survive most of the game and we were never in control.

Our power play is atrocious. Can we get Guy back?

-ghoste

Old
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn001 View Post
Dam those Caps are good..
Well...When Ovechkin is not on the ice, they're very average

We needed to get at least one point tonight. N-J is, IMO, the best team in the east. They'll be tougher to play than Washington

Old
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Amazing how good Ovechkin is, he can put the puck in the net, with the smallest openings, it's mind boggling.

I thought we played a good game tonight. Just couldn't get the win.

Old
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Our PP cost us the game. 1/9???? I'd like to see Ballard-McCabe tried as a d pair. Bouw's by far weakest link is he cant hold the slot on the PP. It feels like it's been ages since McCabe got off a good shot on the PP. Boynton on the PP also doesn't make me feel that fuzzy. Then again not many options other than using a forward there.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
That is some team over there in Washington. It looked like they weren't even trying and handled us with ease. Totally felt like we were just trying to survive most of the game and we were never in control.

Our power play is atrocious. Can we get Guy back?

-ghoste
I thought we dominated the 2nd period

Old
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Buffalo is losing, if that helps

Old
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

I was hoping for a tying goal there guys..******. The Cats shoulda won that game..but you can hang this loss on their PP.

Something is off with Booth....he's not getting half the chances he's normally used to getting.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Buffalo is losing, if that helps
Except Carolina would gain ground on us.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
We played a great game boys, we should be proud !

This Capitals team is one of the best in the NHL that's for sure, they have that lethal PP, those big bodies on the blueline, those electric offensive wizards and a former Hart-trophy winner in net !

We have to be upset, but we can't throw everything we have done this year out of the window because a team is better than us.
I wouldn't say they played a great game. They hung in there with a great team, but 1 for 9 on the PP with I believe less shots than PP chances is unacceptable. Also Jay had is worst game in a while and the defensemen in general were not good offensively.

It's encouraging though that they kept it so close without their best effort, but they need to get their act together on the PP because the schedule isn't getting any easier.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Our PP cost us the game. 1/9???? I'd like to see Ballard-McCabe tried as a d pair. Bouw's by far weakest link is he cant hold the slot on the PP. It feels like it's been ages since McCabe got off a good shot on the PP. Boynton on the PP also doesn't make me feel that fuzzy. Then again not many options other than using a forward there.
I definitely think Boynton should be switched out. His shots seem to get blocked more times than not.

-ghoste

Old
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I was hoping for a tying goal there guys..******. The Cats shoulda won that game..but you can hang this loss on their PP.

Something is off with Booth....he's not getting half the chances he's normally used to getting.
I wouldnt mind seeing Booth-Weiss-Frolik out there. Could boost Booth. Stillman-Horton-Zednik wouldn't be bad either. Stillman-Horton had chemistry early in the season.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Bouwmeester hasn't played that bad in a long time. He looked bad on both ends.
I don't know what happened at the blueline on the second goal, but it seems there was a bump or something and Bouwmeester lost two seconds on Ovy, that's the difference in the game !

Bouwmeester never looks great when playing the Caps because he is all-over Ovechkin !

Old
02-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

Quote:
I definitely think Boynton should be switched out. His shots seem to get blocked more times than not.

-ghoste
And he misses the net by few car lengths. He isn't that creative/skilled to make a pass either so he just winds up. If he could hit the net half the time even it would be a different story.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing Booth-Weiss-Frolik out there. Could boost Booth. Stillman-Horton-Zednik wouldn't be bad either. Stillman-Horton had chemistry early in the season.
I was thinking of Stillman-Kreps-Horton

Although it'd be tough to mess with that 4th line as it is a great line... I guess thats why we really need another center, perhaps thats all we need to really cement us into the playoffs?

Old
02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
I wouldn't say they played a great game. They hung in there with a great team, but 1 for 9 on the PP with I believe less shots than PP chances is unacceptable. Also Jay had is worst game in a while and the defensemen in general were not good offensively.

It's encouraging though that they kept it so close without their best effort, but they need to get their act together on the PP because the schedule isn't getting any easier.
We had a rough third period, but this game was ours ! I'm not saying we played amazing, but we certainly didn't just hang in there with the Caps !

Old
02-15-2009, 06:39 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I was thinking of Stillman-Kreps-Horton

Although it'd be tough to mess with that 4th line as it is a great line... I guess thats why we really need another center, perhaps thats all we need to really cement us into the playoffs?
We need Vermette so we could have the Sunrise Express back, and a Stillman-Vermette-Frolik second line !

Or we could get Lombardi to play with Horton and Booth ! Zednik is good there, but he is not very creative out there, and playmaking isn't the role Horton should have on a scoring line (even if he is kinda good at it)... We really miss some creativity from that first-line, because Dr.Z and Booth aren't really what we can call creative players !

Old
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
We had a rough third period, but this game was ours ! I'm not saying we played amazing, but we certainly didn't just hang in there with the Caps !
I don't know, to me we seemed like we couldn't muster much. That doesn't mean that we weren't trying. It seemed like we were doing all that we could, but I never felt like we were dangerous in the offensive zone. Unlike Washington, every time they entered our zone, it felt like they would score any second.

-ghoste

Old
02-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

I'm not one to get emotional (on the boards anyway) after a loss, but this loss pisses me off. There's no excuse for not winning this. 9 damn powerplays and we score on just one? Isn't that only 2 for the last 30-something? there's no excuse for that, if they want to win in the playoffs, and actually make it first, they have get that damn thing going!

Old
02-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
No, maybe that wasn't how I should have put it. They certainly could have won the game. 5 on 5 the offense was pretty good, Horton looked great, Frolik continued to look good, and Weiss had another good game. But overall I think they could have played much better.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I don't know, to me we seemed to be just holding on for a tie or something. I never felt like we were dangerous in the offensive zone. Unlike Washington, everytime they entered our zone, it felt like they would score any second.

-ghoste
I understand what you mean. But Washington didn't really seem that dangerous to me, except for the Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin line !

But I think we really took the play to them, CPR were all-over tonight and our 4th line did some great job too. Weiss line wasn't that bad, but we need more creativity out of our top-lines ! That's why you had the impression we wouldn't score, it's because we miss creativity badly !

Old
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

played a hard game just ran into a freak of nature

Old
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
I don't know what happened at the blueline on the second goal, but it seems there was a bump or something and Bouwmeester lost two seconds on Ovy, that's the difference in the game !

Bouwmeester never looks great when playing the Caps because he is all-over Ovechkin !
He had to make a better effort on that play. But it wasn't just that. He turned the puck over more than once in his own zone, missed badly on his shots, and just didn't create offensively like he can. I guess he's human and is going to have off nights, but I guess I've just come to expect brilliance from him.

Closed Thread