HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/Tor

Old
02-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post
Throw in Hemsky and Leafs may consider
yea..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
OilTownHero

vCash: 500
I'm sorry I just don't watch the leafs at all really to notice the skill of these players, because they suck so bad. I only watch Schenn once in a while. MY BAD!

OilTownHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilEberle View Post
I'm sorry I just don't watch the leafs at all really to notice the skill of these players, because they suck so bad. I only watch Schenn once in a while. MY BAD!
"My proposal sucks, to make myself feel better I'll try and insult you!"

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
OilTownHero

The Truth hurts for leaf nation.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Sometimes I would rather watch a leaf game than an Oilers game, they actually have a decent system unlike Mac****inT.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
SlowShot

Quote:
The Truth hurts for leaf nation.
Obvious troll account. Seems like every Canadian team gets them, yet no american teams.

SlowShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
suprvilce

Leafs have a system? I only watched few games this season, thorough online stream, but not much of a system imo. Currently i think Washington playes one of the most best hockey in the league, its a joy to watch them, unlike Leafs dump & chase

suprvilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
OilTownHero

Ok I shouldn't have said that, but every time you say one thing that sounds stupid, everyone jumps on you!! Also this is not a troll account and I do not want people thinking that. I know I am wrong for saying that. My mistake.

Old
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Leafs have a system? I only watched few games this season, thorough online stream, but not much of a system imo. Currently i think Washington playes one of the most best hockey in the league, its a joy to watch them, unlike Leafs dump & chase
You obviously don't watch the Leafs that often, because there is far more to the team than just dump & chase. This is the key to why the Leafs are moving out of lottery position, they aren't good enough to make playoffs, but have a system good enough to keep them from the garbage teams.

Old
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Oiler fan here, hopefully with a more realistic mind.

The original trade made no sense for the Oilers to make. Take Smid and Stralman out of the deal, and then it becomes intriguing.
Are the Leafs intent on signing Stajan after this year? What's the deal on him, he seems to be having a career year and you guys want to trade him? If I were the Oilers, I'd definitely be interested in dealing with the Leafs.

Picking up Dominic Moore for the third line, and Antropov for some size on the second line seem interesting. Would you be interested in a deal involving those 2? I wouldn't mind giving up Pouliot, Schremp, and a 3rd for both.

As for Stajan, I don't know what the Leafs are looking at. Would a Stajan+5th for Schremp+4th deal work?

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post

The original trade made no sense for the Oilers to make. Take Smid and Stralman out of the deal, and then it becomes intriguing.
Are the Leafs intent on signing Stajan after this year? What's the deal on him, he seems to be having a career year and you guys want to trade him? If I were the Oilers, I'd definitely be interested in dealing with the Leafs.

Picking up Dominic Moore for the third line, and Antropov for some size on the second line seem interesting. Would you be interested in a deal involving those 2? I wouldn't mind giving up Pouliot, Schremp, and a 3rd for both.

As for Stajan, I don't know what the Leafs are looking at. Would a Stajan+5th for Schremp+4th deal work?
I don't even think we will trade with you guys considering the feud amongst the kids (Burke/Lowe). We would be looking for high picks especially for Antropov if we could somehow manage a late first it would be very good for us, but it's more realistic to see a prospect + 2nd rounder. For Moore, seeing how 2 years ago he fetched a 3rd rounder for Pittsburgh I can see him getting a 2nd rounder. A lot of people will probably think I'm far fetched on Moore's value but the guy does have 38 points thus far and is a tireless worker.. Toronto I could see being somewhat interested in Pouliot, but Schremp is definitley not a Burke player as he does not have a strong work ethic.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:

Not a chance, Schremp, Pouliot and late picks are gonna get you the few producers on the Leafs.

Old
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
OilerFan4Life

Remember when Lowe allegedly turned down Kaberle and Stajan for Pronger because he wanted Steen instead of Stajan? lol

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Huh thank god, if Stralman breaks out i don't want it to be on any other team but Leafs or in Sweden. Schremp doesn't look like he'll crack the lineup, Stajan > Pouliot, and... who is Sestito?
You know the tough guy for Columbus? Pretty sure it's his older brother, the defenseman.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Oiler fan here, hopefully with a more realistic mind...Not realistic at all

Stajan is light years ahead of Schremp right now and would take a lot more lol.. A 5th and 4th for the record arent marginally huge in difference

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote