HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Going McGuire on a prospect?

Old
02-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Going McGuire on a prospect?

I got a couple of mancrushes on some prospect, nothing too intellectual just guys that got me thinking and projecting how they could perform in the league.

David Fischer, why do i love the kid? I dont know he doesn't got much except his height, his skating and his personnality (realy humble). He doesn't shoot the puck, he doesn't play the physical game, but he's realy elegant on the ice plus he's a better skater than O'Byrne (One of my other mancrush) at the same height. I dont see where he can outperform all the Subban, Webber, Mcdo, Carle and Emelin but i still think he will end up in the league; with the Habs? i dont know.

Danny Kristo, I have always been a great fan of honnest players, players that have a work ethic and give everything they have on the ice and pride themself to improve every aspects of their game. Taht's why i like Koivu so much, Danny Kristo give me tha same feeling. I like the fact that he's such a great skater, that he's not afraid of the physical play, even if he's not that big, and he got the tools to put some wristers in. I saw him on a video after he was drafted, the kid looks realy sensible, he will be a leader on our team he's the kind of player (the kind of player he will be in 3-4 years) we would right need now to get out of our current slump.

Those are only two of my McGuires, as you see i dont want to start a thread to analyse all the aspect of each player and using much of my knowledge nor do i want to make it into a poll, i just want to people to talk about their man crushes, go ahead guys discuss! This is Hockey's future after all.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Iwishihadacup

I think that O'Byrne, Chipchura, Maxwell and Fischer are my McGuires mancrush

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
redmachine54

So will we be hearing "FLYIN' FISCHER" and "KRUSHIN' KRISTO" from you in the future?

Personally, the ones I'm a bit high on are Chipchura and Emelin.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
So will we be hearing "FLYIN' FISCHER" and "KRUSHIN' KRISTO" from you in the future?

Personally, the ones I'm a bit high on are Chipchura and Emelin.
Kristo is the second coming of Krist.

Old
02-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I really liked what I saw from Kristo at the WJC,and the US should have played him more.Killed penalties,very good skater and will only keep getting better.Also he should be on that Team USA again next year which is good for even more experience

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:31 AM
xduckiex

I'm a girl but I can still have a man-crush right?
I would have to go with Weber. I'm a fan of his type of player, an offensive Dman that's great on the Power Play. Just like two of my favorite players, Mark Streit and Brent Burns.

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
I would have to go with Weber. I'm a fan of his type of player, an offensive Dman that's great on the Power Play. Just like two of my favorite players, Mark Streit and Brent Burns.
I dont now where, might even be here on the Boards, but someone compared Webber with Dan Boyle, i doubt we can say that Webber will have the defensive play of Dan Boyle yet. Webber broke the record of most goal for a D-men on the Dogs... during his freshmen year! He already got his spot on the Habs for next year.

Old
02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I always felt David Fischer would become something good and we were told it would take a while before that happened. He has all the tools to succeed it seems, the pass and the skating, he just needs to bulk up. I never expected him to be an offensive dman and I believe some people were misguided with that notion when he was drafted. If his confidence grows and he takes more offensive chances I think he'd be a great partner for fellow Mr. Hockey Ryan McDonagh. Let McDo be a rock defensively and let Fischer use his most effective skills.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:44 AM
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I dont now where, might even be here on the Boards, but someone compared Webber with Dan Boyle, i doubt we can say that Webber will have the defensive play of Dan Boyle yet. Webber broke the record of most goal for a D-men on the Dogs... during his freshmen year! He already got his spot on the Habs for next year.
This is why I'm glad he's not with the team right now. From what I've read, he's not quite solid enough defensively yet. I would rather see him stay in Hamilton to work on his defensive play than be called up and played as a forward. I really hope he makes the team next year as a full time defenseman, not a swingman/PP guy.

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
This is why I'm glad he's not with the team right now. From what I've read, he's not quite solid enough defensively yet. I would rather see him stay in Hamilton to work on his defensive play than be called up and played as a forward. I really hope he makes the team next year as a full time defenseman, not a swingman/PP guy.
Staying with Lever will help him to develop his d awarness. He's not the kind of player who rushes the net (even if he get sometime deep in the offensive zone), it's his slapper that put the puck in the net, so it should be easier for him to play the defensive game.

Old
02-15-2009, 11:52 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

I would have to go with Ben Maxwell and Weber.

Maxwell missed around 70 games in his last two seasons of junior with some unlucky injuries and this being his first year pro, you would think he'd need some time to catch up, but he's second in the AHL for top scoring rookies..

Weber averages .61 pts a game as a rookie defensemen and made the AHL All Star team.

My honorable mentions would have to go to Ryan White. He works very hard and a lot of Habs fans are going to like him.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 12:02 PM
HotHabsFan*

cant you guys just say you like them without referring to crushes ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
cant you guys just say you like them without referring to crushes ?

Niet i am exactly refering to man crushes; liking a player not only because of what he brings but for the overral story, package, personnality... a crush you sometime can't explain, like Erika with Sergeï; à la McGuire.

Old
02-15-2009, 12:12 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Meh Weber is just a cutie it's not the same...

Just kidding

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 12:24 PM
kostitsyn1489

As for my man crushes.

Yannick Weber by far. He's my favorite prospect since he got drafted, might not be as skilled as Subban, but I always prefered him no matter what. Just love what he brings, i think some part of his game like skating and rushing the puck up ice got underated a bit because Subban at it. Really nice guy too.

David Fischer, So underated to me. He does things not alot of defencemen can do, he's a project it takes time to put it all together, but he's got all the tools you want a defencemen to have. He's got the size, speed, smarts, he does alot things well on the ice and down the road he'll be an amazing defencemen at both end of the ice.

I think they are my 2 biggest crush. Also really high on guys like Kristo, Maxwell and probavly higher then most on Kyle Chipchura.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Gonna go off the board and say Joe Stejskal. Only because he shares a birthday with me.

Jason Missiaen because it would be awesome to see a 6'8" goalie.

For real, though, I am a big fan of Robert Mayer. Loved him at training camp. Not sure how he's done since we signed him, but I hope he can do well.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
I usually like physical, rough players, and Greg Stewart has been a mancrush of mine since his draft, as well as Valentenko, Pacioretty, Torp, Conboy (I like psycho...) and Paquet.

But the one I like the most because of his personality alone is Subban, can't wait to see him graduate...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I have a mancrush on Subban, that guy is awesome. He's funny, his work ethic is great, he's a leader, he bleeds red/white/blue, he cranks a lethal slap shot, his skating is fluid and won't get beat by anyone, and unlike most people, I hope he never puts away that spin-o-rama. I love it. I wish PK were playing with the team right now.

Beaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Erika

Benjamin Maxwell
Yannick Weber
Maxime Trunev

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Subban, Carle, Kristo

Subban's a lock, Kristo I'm liking the Koivu comparison's and by skill comparison and personality comparison it could be accurate. Carle, if he can stay healthy and not stall his progression anymore, could develop to be a great asset on D.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I have a mancrush on Subban, that guy is awesome. He's funny, his work ethic is great, he's a leader, he bleeds red/white/blue, he cranks a lethal slap shot, his skating is fluid and won't get beat by anyone, and unlike most people, I hope he never puts away that spin-o-rama. I love it. I wish PK were playing with the team right now.
Why would we want a a guy who wants to go play in the States?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Definitely Chipchura. Although I'm not sure it counts as a mancrush, he really is that good, and he really is tragically underrated by many Habs fans.

Ryan White is probably on pg. 2 in my little black prospects book, ready to call on when Chipchura graduates and fulfills all my expectations of him.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Trunev, Subban and Pacioretty would be my top three right now.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Erik Johnson

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan