HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN announcers on Carbonneau

Old
02-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
TSN announcers on Carbonneau

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, but I heard that the commentators(Macguire maybe?) were disecting the Hab's system and basically highlighting the fact that it doesn't work and that Carbo in a moron. Did anybody hear this?

Lafontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post
I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, but I heard that the commentators(Macguire maybe?) were disecting the Hab's system and basically highlighting the fact that it doesn't work and that Carbo in a moron. Did anybody hear this?
last year he was a hero .

classic example of beat em while there down .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
gee

it's hard for a system to work when the players don't skate

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
JudasPriced

Quote:
The fact that anyone actually listens to complete idiots like Nob-Head Pierre McGuire baffles me. The fact that you made a thread wondering what TorontoSportsNetwork commentators have to say about Montreal is mind numbing.

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
muzion

It's 2009. Playing a soft 1-2-2 sitting on a 2 goal lead is a recipe for failure. We were lucky Halak played great still the Avs missed some golden chances. I'm glad Carbonneau was being taken to task by the TSN crew because it's certainly not the French media that will do it.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Well, to be honest after the first period I just didn't understand what the **** they were doing, it was way beyond protecting the lead. The game played itself infront of our net.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

I cant remember what period it was in, maybe the 3rd, but Macguire was ripping Carbo for sticking to the 1-2-2 system

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
I cant remember what period it was in, maybe the 3rd, but Macguire was ripping Carbo for sticking to the 1-2-2 system
was the 3rd when it was still 2-1.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Caekslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKoivu11 View Post
The fact that anyone actually listens to complete idiots like Nob-Head Pierre McGuire baffles me. The fact that you made a thread wondering what TorontoSportsNetwork commentators have to say about Montreal is mind numbing.
I find McGuire is actually one of the few respectful commentator's, when it comes to discussing the Canadiens.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Fire Brunet*

Pierre was right...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

Of course McGuire will say something. Carbo's not playing the game anymore so he doesn't need to have his tongue jammed up his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
It's 2009. Playing a soft 1-2-2 sitting on a 2 goal lead is a recipe for failure. We were lucky Halak played great still the Avs missed some golden chances. I'm glad Carbonneau was being taken to task by the TSN crew because it's certainly not the French media that will do it.
CKAC, right now, Demers and the host are doing exactly that.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKoivu11 View Post
Well it's not like he was bashing our team when we were playing well, let's face it, were playing like complete crap.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Lafontaine

really....

CaptainKoivu11

... I am sure you have a great depth of knowledge concerning hockey systems.

Mcguire might be annoying to you and you may see him as bias, but he is one of the few commentators that actually breaks down team strategies at times. How many seasons of professional coaching do you have under your belt? We are obviously playing garbage hockey and I found it interesting that our coach was getting picked apart on television.

Old
02-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Caekslap

Quote:
CaptainKoivu11

Mcguire might be annoying to you and you may see him as bias, but he is one of the few commentators that actually breaks down team strategies at times. How many seasons of professional coaching do you have under your belt? We are obviously playing garbage hockey and I found it interesting that our coach was getting picked apart on television.
this.

kinda

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Lafontaine

Caekslap....

huh?

Old
02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
So let's see... you didn't see it, didn't hear it but let's start yet another thread on Carbonneau...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Habs13

The best comment made by Pierre was the he he made about how the Av players were talking about Kovalev and how he wasn't doing jack, wasn't giving any effort and wasn't moving his feet.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:
no one called Carbo a moron. McGuire was saying that the passive trap wasn't working, specifically the 1-2-2. He didn't happen to discuss whether it was poor execution or a poor plan. If someone told you that anyone on TSN called Carbo a moron, they lied to you or tell you stuff to see if you believe it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:27 PM
RushDP

Quote:
CaptainKoivu11

As much as I think Carbo is a reactionary coach and has not developed a system the players can revert to when they are down, McGuire destroying him on national TV is low.

Last year he was worshiping Carbo on the air and outright said he was the Jack Adams recipient and this year he ripped him up. It is the same coach with the same skills and the same annoying habits of line juggling as last season. That is why McGuire has no credibility IMO. He has knowledge no doubt but he bides his time and changes his opinion at a whim.

The "book is out on Huet" is the perfect example. He recently ripped into Huet because he sits behind the suddenly good Khabibulin now. He waited years to be able to say "I told you so". He took great pleasure in patting himself on the back for that one.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
As much as I think Carbo is a reactionary coach and has not developed a system the players can revert to when they are down, McGuire destroying him on national TV is low.

Last year he was worshiping Carbo on the air and outright said he was the Jack Adams recipient and this year he ripped him up. It is the same coach with the same skills and the same annoying habits of line juggling as last season. That is why McGuire has no credibility IMO. He has knowledge no doubt but he bides his time and changes his opinion at a whim.

The "book is out on Huet" is the perfect example. He recently ripped into Huet because he sits behind the suddenly good Khabibulin now. He waited years to be able to say "I told you so". He took great pleasure in patting himself on the back for that one.
talking about Avs players comments about an opposing player crosses a line,imo, that is if he reported accurately. I tend to like him more on radio than I do on tv, but he seems to be feeding his own hype at the moment. On radio, he praises Carbo but crucifies Gainey, then goes easy the next day.

It seems a bit planned to me.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
jcpenny

Even last year a lot of posters here (including me) thought that we didnt have the team to play the system that Carbo wants. Its not new. This team doesnt have the personnel, the size on defense and the discipline to sit back and trap the opposition like Carbo wants.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
At one point he said if he's Carbo he looks at the game tape and "blows up this 1-2-2 because it's clearly not working"

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
TheCH*

Don't hate Pierre because he is right.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
The best comment made by Pierre was the he he made about how the Av players were talking about Kovalev and how he wasn't doing jack, wasn't giving any effort and wasn't moving his feet.
Kovy's had a difficult season. I think he made some efforts to get out of the rut. However, I think that lately, it's patently obvious that he's just been going through the motions.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
It's back to the basics for the Habs, some players are willing to do it and the captain lead by exemple. With the way the goalies are playing right now it's not the time to go back to the drawing board. You will say we give a lot of shots anyway but things will change as the confidence comes back.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote