HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Who on the Flames you would like to trade.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
  #1
scoringmachine
Registered User
 
scoringmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Who on the Flames you would like to trade.

Their have been many rumors about what the Flames should do at the deadline. Their are people on this forum Flames fans and non Flames fan plus people who write about the Flames who think we should trade some of these players in no particular order.

1. Aucoin
2. Lombardi
3. Langkow (To have cap to resign Cammalleri)
4. Cammalleri (asking price maybe too much)
5. Wayne Primeau
6. Jim Vandermer
7. Mark Girodano
8. Bertuzzi

Out of all these players who would you trade now to get the d-man or centerman that the team is looking for. Or should we just keep the team the way it is and make trades at the end of the season even though some of these players are UFA at season end.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
  #2
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever
 
Phaneufed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Georgia
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Vandermeer easily. He has a brutal cap hit + 2 years left on his contract, and so far it doesn't look like we're missing him all that much. There are plenty of Vandermeer-like players that could be had with a smaller cap hit as well.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
  #3
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
Their have been many rumors about what the Flames should do at the deadline. Their have people on the is forum Flames fans and non Flames fan who think we should some of these players in no particular order.

1. Aucoin
2. Lombardi
3. Langkow (To have cap to resign Cammalleri)
4. Cammalleri (asking price maybe too much)
5. Wayne Primeau
6. Jim Vandermer
7. Mark Girodano

Out of all these players who would you trade now to get the d-man or centerman that the team is looking for. Or should we just keep the team the way it is and make trades at the end of the season even though some of these players are UFA at season end.
1. He in all likelihood isn't going anywhere this season. He's playing well and is needed for the playoffs. But I don't think he'll be re-signed in the off-season. Flames will have a bit of log-jam in defensemen next season if Pelech is given a one-way contract and Pardy is retained. And with him playing well, he could likely receive at least 3 million on a one or two year deal and Flames won't have the space if they wish to re-sign Cammalleri and the other RFA's.

2. Unfortunately, with guys like Boyd, Moss and Glencross playing well and Backlund looking to take a spot next year, Lombardi is expendable. But really, if he is moved, it should be in a package for a top four defensemen.

3. Highly improbable that he's moved anytime soon. He's well worth his contract and is an ideal 2nd line center who can fill in on the first line. The Flames really don't need a first line center as it is.

4. Would make no sense to move him this season. If he won't sign an extension, Flames will likely lose him to free agency.

5. Should ideally be moved in the off-season, but probably won't. Makes too much for a forth liner who's always injured. But I guess it would likely depend on his performance in the playoffs. That and I don't think any team would be willing to take him.

6. Should definitely be moved as soon as possible. With Pardy stepping up and Pelech likely making the jump next year, Flames have more then enough defensive defensemen. His 2.3 cap hit could be used for far greater things, like re-signing Cammalleri or getting a mobile top-4 defensemen. But again, is there a team that would be willing to take him?

7. Only way I can see him being moved is in a package for a better defensemen. Without him, the defense would be terribly slow. He's good so long as he's used as a 5th/6th defensemen with powerplay time.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
  #4
JorgeRocks!
Registered User
 
JorgeRocks!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
The only guys I would not consider moving from that list are cammalleri and giordano, all the others I would consider moving in a package for that d man or scoring center calgary needs.

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
  #5
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,030
vCash: 50
Langkow stays. There's no way in hell he should be traded.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
  #6
cross16
Registered User
 
cross16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
No way would I trade Langkow. He has a great contract, is a key part of the dressing room and gives the Flames great center depth. If he brought back a true number one center (i'm talking like a top 5 or 6 center in the league) I would consdier it, but I woudln't be comfortable with Lombarid as the full time 2nd line center.

Only players I'm would shop at the deadeline is Vandermeer jsut to see if they coudl shed the contract.
The rest I would be willing to listen to offers but ONLY if it meant upgrading the team via a top 6 center or puck moving dman.
1. Lombardi (only if he brought back a top 6 center)
2. Aucoin (only if he brought back someone to replace him with more mobility)
3. Pardy

And tahts it. As you can see by my list, i expect the Flames to be very quiet at the deadline.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
  #7
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 50
I don't know why everyone is so high on trading Lombardi, he is exactly the type of player the Flames need. With his speed, he has the ability to change the momentum of games sometimes in a single shift. He is one of our best players on the PK, and one of the fastest players in the league. I know he can be inconsistent at times, but he has been alot better the second half of the season, and he has a good contract as well. I would much rather see a Primeau or Vandermeer moved, though I doubt either will happen becuase both are seen as good depth players.

I am going to guess Sutter does little at the trade deadline, especially if the team maintains its cushion atop the Northwest. If he has an oppertunity to pickup a player without much in return that would improve his team, he will do it. The problem is, almost every player on this roster contributes something, and the team is already playing well. And Sutter has said in the past, sometimes the best move is not making any.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
  #8
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I don't know why everyone is so high on trading Lombardi, he is exactly the type of player the Flames need. With his speed, he has the ability to change the momentum of games sometimes in a single shift. He is one of our best players on the PK, and one of the fastest players in the league. I know he can be inconsistent at times, but he has been alot better the second half of the season, and he has a good contract as well. I would much rather see a Primeau or Vandermeer moved, though I doubt either will happen becuase both are seen as good depth players.

I am going to guess Sutter does little at the trade deadline, especially if the team maintains its cushion atop the Northwest. If he has an oppertunity to pickup a player without much in return that would improve his team, he will do it. The problem is, almost every player on this roster contributes something, and the team is already playing well. And Sutter has said in the past, sometimes the best move is not making any.
You are overvaluing Lombardi... he is expendable because he have so many players like him already... and with Boyd ready for more responsibility and Backlund potentially knocking on the door for a roster spot he is expendable...

and is Lombardi's contract really that great when Glencross makes 600k less... Bourque makes about 500k less... Moss makes 1.2 million less... Conroy 800k less

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 05:23 PM
  #9
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
You are overvaluing Lombardi... he is expendable because he have so many players like him already... and with Boyd ready for more responsibility and Backlund potentially knocking on the door for a roster spot he is expendable...

and is Lombardi's contract really that great when Glencross makes 600k less... Bourque makes about 500k less... Moss makes 1.2 million less... Conroy 800k less
Boyd may be the only one you mentioned that is comparible to Lombardi, and Lombo is better than Boyd currently. Bourque, Glencross & Moss are completely different players. And of all them have their respective roles they play on this team. It looks as if Lombardi is really starting to heat up right now as well, I would not trade him going into playoffs. His speed and PK ability would be invaluable to the Flames in the playoffs. I would much rather see Moss go in a trade over Lombardi, he is worth 1.2 mil difference in their salaries.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
  #10
getoverit
Registered User
 
getoverit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Hmmmm cant trade Preston, can we fire him. Oopsss was that my outer voice

Cant believe Im going to say this, but if we could get a 30-35 goal scorer, I would trade Camalleri as he would garner allot of attn. ONLY if he has no intention of signing next year. How many great flames went elsewhere for the money and never lived up to what they accomplished here tired of never getting anything in return. We have enough talent on the top 2 that someone can slide in and quite frankly Iggy needs someone to feed him, not him feeding, and being Iggy is the face of the flames, he isnt going anywhere. Overall Im happy with all our long term contracts and even the one way ones for our core 4.

Aucoin- not going anywhere, happy with his play
Vandermeer- like him, but he is expendable with how the others are playing
Lankow- nope, mainstay here
Lombardi- for price tag Im happy to have him here ( funny as I always have said trade him, but if you take him for what he is and stop thinking he is going to be a 30 goal scorer, he fits, just not on the top 2 lines!
Primeau- trade bait in pkg
Gio- nope like him, has some up swing and luv his mobility and effort
Pardy- not sold on him yet, seen some great games and some not so great(mixed feelings)

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 07:39 PM
  #11
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
You are overvaluing Lombardi... he is expendable because he have so many players like him already... and with Boyd ready for more responsibility and Backlund potentially knocking on the door for a roster spot he is expendable...
Oh yah, one more thing...you've seen Backlund play "1" NHL game and you are wanting to trade an impact roster player with Lombardi's upside, who was second star of the week because you feel Backlund can fill in his spot next year. IMO, that is NOT a sound decision. If you remember, Boyd had a great World Junior tournament as well and he is still mostly a 3rd or 4th liner. If I were Sutter, I would not be making any roster moves based on Backlund until we've seen him for a full season. Another example to illustrate this point would be Brunstrom from Dallas.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
  #12
special_loob
Registered User
 
special_loob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Aucoin - Flames would only be left with Sarich as our only right handed shot. Definitely keep him for the remainder and see what his contract demands are in the offseason (or what free agents are available).

Lombardi - Good penalty killer, can play in our top 9. Probably more valuable to us than he would be able to fetch in a trade (unless we bundled him up with some other parts in a larger trade).

Langkow - Untouchable as far as I'm concerned

Cammalleri - Ditto. If we lose him in the off season, I'm ok with that as that would have been the case anyways if we still had Tanguay

Primeau - Expendable. Played well against the Sharks last year but I'd rather have Nystrom and Boyd in the line up

Vandermeer - Expendable, but I doubt we'd get much return. Probably better off having an extra NHL calibre D on the roster come playoff time

Giordano - a young D still developing who we wouldn't be able to replace on the 2nd PP

Bertuzzi - Offer him a contract extension for slightly more than he's making right now.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
  #13
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Boyd may be the only one you mentioned that is comparible to Lombardi, and Lombo is better than Boyd currently. Bourque, Glencross & Moss are completely different players. And of all them have their respective roles they play on this team. It looks as if Lombardi is really starting to heat up right now as well, I would not trade him going into playoffs. His speed and PK ability would be invaluable to the Flames in the playoffs. I would much rather see Moss go in a trade over Lombardi, he is worth 1.2 mil difference in their salaries.
Boyd is not comparable to Lombardi... unlike Lombardi, Boyd will actually try to drive to the net... Boyd actually shows up every shift...

and please explain to me how Bourque is a completely different player?... reliable defensively... PK specialist... fast as hell... oh right Bourue goes balls out every shift... thats the difference

and how about Glencross... he's not the PK specialist but he does everything else Lombardi does and then some

Maybe Moss isnt the same player as Lombardi... but then again Moss is easily the more prolific scorer of the 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Oh yah, one more thing...you've seen Backlund play "1" NHL game and you are wanting to trade an impact roster player with Lombardi's upside, who was second star of the week because you feel Backlund can fill in his spot next year. IMO, that is NOT a sound decision. If you remember, Boyd had a great World Junior tournament as well and he is still mostly a 3rd or 4th liner. If I were Sutter, I would not be making any roster moves based on Backlund until we've seen him for a full season. Another example to illustrate this point would be Brunstrom from Dallas.
LMFAO @ Lombardi our 3rd line center being an impact roster player... and you need to give up on Lombardi's upside... he's turning 27 next month... he's reached his potential deal with it... and when did I say Backlund would fill Lombardi's role on the team?... I said nothing about that... I said Backing would be knocking on the door to make the club... Lombardi's duties would likely be split up between a few guys... Glencross would likely see more PK time... Bod more ES time... Bourque some PP time...

but then again if you use the logic so many use about why Lombardi (he was very good in the world championships)... then one could apply the same logic since Backlund dominated in the WJC...

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
  #14
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,340
vCash: 50
Just for fun would you give up Lombardi for Kovalev or a package involving these two?
It's a crapshoot. Get a motivated Kovalev and it's a steal. Get the current Kovalev and you get robbed. Risk vs. reward.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:41 PM
  #15
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Just for fun would you give up Lombardi for Kovalev or a package involving these two?
It's a crapshoot. Get a motivated Kovalev and it's a steal. Get the current Kovalev and you get robbed. Risk vs. reward.
it's definitely an interesting thought... and since Keenan has gotten something out of Kovalev in the past its not an outlandish idea

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
  #16
JorgeRocks!
Registered User
 
JorgeRocks!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Just for fun would you give up Lombardi for Kovalev or a package involving these two?
It's a crapshoot. Get a motivated Kovalev and it's a steal. Get the current Kovalev and you get robbed. Risk vs. reward.
This would not be the week to do it. Lombardi's value is sky high, and Kovalev's is very low, could probably be had cheaper right now

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
  #17
GeeoffBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
I don't think there's anyone to move for the sake of moving. However, I wouldn't be against moving Lombardi, Aucoin etc. if they were in a package for Bouwmeester.

GeeoffBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
  #18
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Boyd is not comparable to Lombardi... unlike Lombardi, Boyd will actually try to drive to the net... Boyd actually shows up every shift...

and please explain to me how Bourque is a completely different player?... reliable defensively... PK specialist... fast as hell... oh right Bourue goes balls out every shift... thats the difference

and how about Glencross... he's not the PK specialist but he does everything else Lombardi does and then some

Maybe Moss isnt the same player as Lombardi... but then again Moss is easily the more prolific scorer of the 2...

LMFAO @ Lombardi our 3rd line center being an impact roster player... and you need to give up on Lombardi's upside... he's turning 27 next month... he's reached his potential deal with it... and when did I say Backlund would fill Lombardi's role on the team?... I said nothing about that... I said Backing would be knocking on the door to make the club... Lombardi's duties would likely be split up between a few guys... Glencross would likely see more PK time... Bod more ES time... Bourque some PP time...

but then again if you use the logic so many use about why Lombardi (he was very good in the world championships)... then one could apply the same logic since Backlund dominated in the WJC...

Oh Lunatik, I know you think you know everything there is to know about the Flames, but guess what... you don't! I'm going to spell it out very slow for you, in hockey there are players called skill players and players called grinders. Lombardi is considered a skill player, as is Boyd (even though he is a 3rd/4th liner). Bourque and Glencross are considered more as grinders. That is why they are different players. Yes I agree all are excellent on the PK, but they are very different players in their size, skill and style of play.

As far as Lombardi being our 3rd or 4th centre, since when did Cammalleri get demoted to the 3rd/4th line. Last time I checked, sportsnet pregame had that line listed as the Flames #1 line. And as of late, the Cammalleri/Lombardi's line has been the most productive line on the Flames, do you really think Sutter is going to split that line up going into the playoffs, not likely. And you think Moss is a more profilic scorer than Lombardi, I like Moss but he is not a prolific scorer. He should however be given credit for the being the best garbage man in the league, because that is how he scores all of his goals, he is willing to pay the price.

One could agrue Cammalleri does not drive to the net at times, because he choses to play positional hockey and set himself up for the one timer more times than not (ie. Bret Hull). But he is scoring goals like crazy right now, so who cares. My point is this, Lombardi brings different things to the table (as he should) than anyone else on the team. And he is consistently contributing at both ends of the rink, for that reason he is valuable and should not be traded.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
  #19
GeeoffBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndraftedFreeAgent View Post
We would all love to have Bouwmeester here ,but he isn't going anywhere. Florida for the first time in I don't know how many years can get in the playoffs and the level of excitement ,the money and maybe even Jay-Bo taking in consideration re-signing with them will top any offer IMO
Okay, Pronger or Niedermayer then.

GeeoffBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
  #20
JorgeRocks!
Registered User
 
JorgeRocks!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Who would turn down that skill on the pp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFoeLMm1d8M

If he acts up, just dump a puck in and let Regehr chase him, problem solved

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
  #21
The Gaud Father
Registered User
 
The Gaud Father's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 50
I'd be okay with Kovalev. I wonder what the Habs would ask for though.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
  #22
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndraftedFreeAgent View Post
We would all love to have Bouwmeester here ,but he isn't going anywhere. Florida for the first time in I don't know how many years can get in the playoffs and the level of excitement ,the money and maybe even Jay-Bo taking in consideration re-signing with them will top any offer IMO
From the sounds of it Bouwmeester wants nothing to do with Florida and is going to test free agency. They would be better off trading him at the deadline. I do agree though in that I just don't see him coming here.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:30 AM
  #23
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Oh Lunatik, I know you think you know everything there is to know about the Flames, but guess what... you don't! I'm going to spell it out very slow for you, in hockey there are players called skill players and players called grinders. Lombardi is considered a skill player, as is Boyd (even though he is a 3rd/4th liner). Bourque and Glencross are considered more as grinders. That is why they are different players. Yes I agree all are excellent on the PK, but they are very different players in their size, skill and style of play.

As far as Lombardi being our 3rd or 4th centre, since when did Cammalleri get demoted to the 3rd/4th line. Last time I checked, sportsnet pregame had that line listed as the Flames #1 line. And as of late, the Cammalleri/Lombardi's line has been the most productive line on the Flames, do you really think Sutter is going to split that line up going into the playoffs, not likely. And you think Moss is a more profilic scorer than Lombardi, I like Moss but he is not a prolific scorer. He should however be given credit for the being the best garbage man in the league, because that is how he scores all of his goals, he is willing to pay the price.

One could agrue Cammalleri does not drive to the net at times, because he choses to play positional hockey and set himself up for the one timer more times than not (ie. Bret Hull). But he is scoring goals like crazy right now, so who cares. My point is this, Lombardi brings different things to the table (as he should) than anyone else on the team. And he is consistently contributing at both ends of the rink, for that reason he is valuable and should not be traded.
I was going to write this big long post in response... I even had it finished... then I realized that you just don't get it... so I decided to take a more direct approach

You say...

Lombardi = skill & consistency
Bourque = grinder
Glencross = grinder
Boyd = skill

I say...

Lombardi = Energy player with decent skill & little consistency offensively
Bourque = Grinder with decent skill
Glencross = Grinder with some skill
Boyd - Energy player with skill potential

this tells me you are seeing things way to black and white... some players just don't fit into one mold like Cammalleri (who I have no idea why you ever when on about him)...

I have to ask how sad is it when a guy you call a grinder has as much or more skill than a guy you consider a skill player? you are really taking things away from Bourque and Glencross by simply throwing a grinder label on them... because a grinder is Darren McCarty... little offense and just come out and bangs people around to create energy (you know what Vandermeer does when he plays forward)

my whole point about posting in this thread was you are seriously overvaluing Lombardi's role on the Flames... last season I may not have agreed with you about him being important but I would have see where you were coming from... but this season all the reasons why Lombardi was so valuable last seasonare moot because we have other players who do similar things... no longer is Lombardi our go to PK guy... no longer is he our only player with great speed... we have a whole plethora of players filling those roles now... and by no means was I suggesting the Flames wouldn't feel his loss at all... because they will a little... but alot less than they would have in previous seasons...

can you seriously tell me that you believe that if Lombardi was traded and Boyd took a spot on the 3rd line (Langkow & Conroy back on 1 and 2 as they have a large portion of the year)... and Glencross/Bourque/Boyd/Conroy saw some PP time... and Gelncross/Primeau/Moss/Boyd picked up a little more PK time that this team would be seriously hurt?... I am not saying 1 player will replace Lombardi... I am saying we have a group of players where as a team they can minimize his loss if it means improving the team in another area... same thing goes if the Flames traded Glencross or Bourque... but they don't free up nearly the cap space that Lombardi does if he is gone... which is why he is the one that needs to be traded... we have a glut of forwards and using one of them to acquire a defenseman only makes sense.. and of all those forwads Lombardi makes the most sense

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
  #24
DownInFlames
 
DownInFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NE1-But-Cancuks
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
^^^
Completely agree with every statement in that argument.

Lombardi should be packaged for someone like Ham House *please please

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
  #25
cgychieffan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
I have to agree that lombardi is a good choice for trading. Eastern teams will value a lombardi a lot higher. Package him and vandermeer. I also am one to critisize Phaneufs play of late and it does not warrant his price tag. I wouldnt object to something like a Phaneuf/Lombo/Vandermeer for Heatley/Smith. I think our defence would improve and i think our PP/Offence would improve!

cgychieffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.