HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers at Coyotes :: Joaquin over Phoenix :: 7:30 MST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2009, 02:33 AM
  #26
VelvetJones
Registered User
 
VelvetJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,416
vCash: 500
JDD night?

VelvetJones is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 02:39 AM
  #27
enthropi
Hiss Hiss (TKA) Hiss
 
enthropi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,870
vCash: 500
Win.

Do it.

enthropi is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 02:52 AM
  #28
Gamefreak
Bee.
 
Gamefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
The somewhat sucky part is that even if the Oilers win, they won't be in 5th place, as the Jackets/Stars game will have already been decided.
Go Oilers! Go Jackets (they've played an extra game)!

Gamefreak is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 03:06 AM
  #29
VelvetJones
Registered User
 
VelvetJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,416
vCash: 500
Hey today is Family day

Happy family (or something) everyone!

VelvetJones is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 03:31 AM
  #30
IBleedOil247
Registered User
 
IBleedOil247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,101
vCash: 681
**** the Coyotes!

Sorry im intoxicated and thought it was necesarry to swear!

4-3 Oil.

**** you Bryzgalov

IBleedOil247 is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 03:33 AM
  #31
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Joaquin Phoenix is better than all of us...

Andrew B is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 03:41 AM
  #32
The Polak*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...nb.html?&wired

Gretzky again throwing compliments the oilers way. He even stood by Lowe during the offer sheets.

I hope he gets some position with the oilers one day (just not coach)

The Polak* is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 04:01 AM
  #33
Lounge Act*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country:
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Bryzgalov usually stinks it up against the Oilers
This, really. I hope he starts.

I'm really looking forward to San Jose though. We usually play them hard on the road and they've been slumping a bit. And the games are usually very intense, like the OT win earlier this year had me on the edge on my seat.

Lounge Act* is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 04:09 AM
  #34
lopper
Registered User
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 50
Just win baby

Oilers 4 Dogs 2

lopper is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 04:17 AM
  #35
Other Little Mikey
Registered User
 
Other Little Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
So do they start Roli against Phoenix because they need to win the "easier" game and let the chips fall as they may against the Sharks, or do they save Roli for the tougher opposition?

Actually, why am I even asking, MacT will probably play him in both, plus the next 45 consecutive games.

Other Little Mikey is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 04:41 AM
  #36
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,495
vCash: 1850
put the dogs down!

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 05:20 AM
  #37
Cider_
Registered User
 
Cider_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Go Oil! we need W's.

Cider_ is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:29 AM
  #38
Cogliano13Gagner89
Registered User
 
Cogliano13Gagner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oil Fan in Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfansixtynine View Post
5-1 oilers, goals in this order
penner
hemsky
doan
reddox
hemsky
cogliano
I'm not as confident as you are. This team is just way to unpredictable. If anything we win 4-3 or lose like 5-2.

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:32 AM
  #39
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 37,835
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogliano13Gagner89 View Post
I'm not as confident as you are. This team is just way to unpredictable. If anything we win 4-3 or lose like 5-2.
So are the Coyotes.

__________________
http://thenhlhotlist.wordpress.com/
Follow along on Twitter: http://twitter.com/azvibesports
Dolemite is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:32 AM
  #40
Cogliano13Gagner89
Registered User
 
Cogliano13Gagner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oil Fan in Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Is it JDD tonight or is it still Roli. Gene Principe interviewed Roli yesterday and it sounded as if Roli is starting tonight. So I guess they're gonna play him back to back because there is no way your putting in JDD versus SJ. Then the Oilers have a must win versus Dallas so Roli goes in nets thursday. 3 games in 4 nights, I can only assume JDD will start saturday versus Calgary.

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:39 AM
  #41
LateNightOilerFan
Registered User
 
LateNightOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
So do they start Roli against Phoenix because they need to win the "easier" game and let the chips fall as they may against the Sharks, or do they save Roli for the tougher opposition?

Actually, why am I even asking, MacT will probably play him in both, plus the next 45 consecutive games.
This. Per The Sun's article this morning.

"Getting him some rest would be nice, but it's just not in the cards now," said MacTavish. "We're not in the position that we can put Jeff (Deslauriers) in with little experience and little playing time."
And these aren't easy minutes Roloson is logging. In the last three games he's faced 41, 38 and 39 shots, and still culled five of six possible points.
"You look at the box score and say 'How long can he handle it?' And I don't know that he can," said MacTavish. "But we're not in a position right now, that's he's playing so well, that we can take him out. A lot of nights he's our best player."
So they're giving him as many practices off as they can. Yesterday in Phoenix, they told him to stay off the ice, which Roloson says is as good as a game off.
"I feel good," he said. "We had a couple of days off (before L.A.) and I get another one today. When you have days off you have to make sure you take advantage of them."
There is still a long way to go, but so far fatigue isn't an issue.
"No, getting things balanced out by taking days off here and there always helps," said Roloson. "It's making sure you're taking care of yourself and doing things off the ice, getting your rest and making sure you're eating right to make sure you're able to play game in and game out."

LateNightOilerFan is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:58 AM
  #42
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 1058
10-2 Yotes

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 06:59 AM
  #43
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
10-2 Yotes
Ha! I think it's been two years since Phoenix has beat us and we have never scored fewer then 4 goals in any of those games.

SK13 is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 07:54 AM
  #44
stangconv
Registered User
 
stangconv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 50
Rolis in according to sportsnet west (408 on bell)

stangconv is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 07:59 AM
  #45
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,713
vCash: 500
An evening game that isn't on PPV.

Where am I?

syz is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 08:01 AM
  #46
Gord
Go Esks!
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,535
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
That's called a suitcase.

when i was a kid we called a suitcase 4 goals in a game.

Gord is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 08:04 AM
  #47
Gord
Go Esks!
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,535
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
This. Per The Sun's article this morning.

"Getting him some rest would be nice, but it's just not in the cards now," said MacTavish. "We're not in the position that we can put Jeff (Deslauriers) in with little experience and little playing time."
And these aren't easy minutes Roloson is logging. In the last three games he's faced 41, 38 and 39 shots, and still culled five of six possible points.
"You look at the box score and say 'How long can he handle it?' And I don't know that he can," said MacTavish. "But we're not in a position right now, that's he's playing so well, that we can take him out. A lot of nights he's our best player."
So they're giving him as many practices off as they can. Yesterday in Phoenix, they told him to stay off the ice, which Roloson says is as good as a game off.
"I feel good," he said. "We had a couple of days off (before L.A.) and I get another one today. When you have days off you have to make sure you take advantage of them."
There is still a long way to go, but so far fatigue isn't an issue.
"No, getting things balanced out by taking days off here and there always helps," said Roloson. "It's making sure you're taking care of yourself and doing things off the ice, getting your rest and making sure you're eating right to make sure you're able to play game in and game out."

this is exactly right. over the last 20 games, other then perhaps hemsky, Roli has been the best Oiler player. the way the standings are, they have to go with him. no use saving someone for the playoffs if we miss the playoffs. giving him days and practices off must help, I would think.

Gord is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 08:13 AM
  #48
Perfect_Drug
Registered User
 
Perfect_Drug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 500
It'll be close, but the score won't be indicative of the play.


4-3 Oilers.

Perfect_Drug is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 09:17 AM
  #49
Finger Post
Registered User
 
Finger Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I watch him a lot.

Mostly at night.
Missed the CLAP CLAP.


Last edited by Cloned: 02-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Finger Post is offline  
Old
02-16-2009, 09:37 AM
  #50
DousedInOil
Registered User
 
DousedInOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Probably the best news for the Oilers is the surprising loss that Anaheim had to Atlanta IN ANAHEIM! A win tonight and the oilers are 5th in the west. We would also have 1 point and 2 games in hand over the ducks.

DousedInOil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.