HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Falardeau

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 03:46 PM
filthy#20

vCash: 500
Falardeau

i see his numbers are just as bad as last season....so whats so good about him especially to warrant us using a 2nd rnd pick on him

Old
03-14-2004, 03:49 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy#20
i see his numbers are just as bad as last season....so whats so good about him especially to warrant us using a 2nd rnd pick on him
absolutely nothing..

wait.. he has size which is why the all mighty sather drafted him

Old
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
check out the thread, Oilers Chick watched him play and

had a nice thing to say about him.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=61422

Old
03-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
wait.. he has size which is why the all mighty sather drafted him
Size and speed - a typical Sather pick.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Fletch

Funny hearing about this pick...

the draft's a crapshoot. When was the last time a GM got every pick right? Or got the second round pick correct every year? So, Stoll was taken behind him, but there will likely be a few players taken before him, and a few after him, who don't become NHL stars.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:39 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Yeah but this pick was questionable from day 1. I remember a lot of people here wanted Stoll, and other "names" that were available. Gambling on this guy was just plain stupid, especially since we didn't have a first.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Fletch

So he got it wrong...

and somehow PITT and Dallas also got it wrong as they too passed up on him. Maybe Sather makes it up in the latter end of the draft - with someone like Guenin, Taylor or Walsh. Who knows. Based on the drafts and where he picked, I don't think Sather's done horrible drafting, on paper. Time will tell how it turns out though. Like I said, the draft's a crapshoot. GMs mess up first round picks all the time too.

Old
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Edge

i dont think its that they passed on him so much as they were never even in the ballpark to begin with. the other teams mention you could at least see something in their picks.

i have yet to meet a single person who didnt scratch their head when the rangers made that selection.

few years later it still is a mellon scratcher.

Old
03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
ragfan

Why didnt' Sather take Hudler?

Old
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

he may suck but.............he played an outstanding game last night. i watched on tv and he was easily the best player on the ice. i will say this it was the first time i ever noticed him and i watch a ton of college hockey

Old
03-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragfan
Why didnt' Sather take Hudler?
I think he is too small for Sathers likes.

Old
03-14-2004, 09:56 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
he may suck but.............he played an outstanding game last night. i watched on tv and he was easily the best player on the ice. i will say this it was the first time i ever noticed him and i watch a ton of college hockey
have you seen jessiman yet???

Old
03-15-2004, 10:48 AM
NYR469

so far things haven't looked good and the pick of falardeau is looking disappointing...BUT i think it also needs to be mentioned that he was not drafted to be a scorer so while it would be nice if he had some scoring ability to go along with being a big checking center, the reality is that the majority of what he is expected to bring doesn't show up on the stat sheets, and how many points he has doesn't really tell you how he is doing shutting down opposing forwards, using his size etc...

Old
03-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
so far things haven't looked good and the pick of falardeau is looking disappointing...BUT i think it also needs to be mentioned that he was not drafted to be a scorer so while it would be nice if he had some scoring ability to go along with being a big checking center, the reality is that the majority of what he is expected to bring doesn't show up on the stat sheets, and how many points he has doesn't really tell you how he is doing shutting down opposing forwards, using his size etc...
Lee didn't start to be effective as a checking Center until this year, his Junior year. It'll be interesting to see him in the pro game, but what ultimately frustrates me is the lack of a physical play from such a big frame. It's like Poti at Center, great reach but where's Lee when the puck is in traffic? He skates fast, wins a good amount of faceoffs, but needs to get stronger and finally start to use that frame to his advantage.

Old
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Edge

i think that is the big thing.

It's not the points, it's the lack of more than one dimension to his game. For the same reason why a kid who scores and nothing else is scary, a guy who has defense and nothing else isnt that great.

I mean if this kid can't even score a little at the college game, he's got no chance at the pro level. He uses his range right how, but i'm not optmistic to how he'd react to 6'4, 230 pound guys knocking him on his can.

He's better defensivly but still hasn't totally impressed me. When push comes to shove he's got the size and demeanor to look like the next Jeff Toms, only Toms could at least score as a prospect.

Old
03-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
have you seen jessiman yet???
a couple of times. he is very hit and miss. i'm not sold on him at all yet. i wouldn't sign him because i don't think his skating is good enough for the ahl let alone the nhl. the rangers really need to get him into power skating clases if they do sign him. i think when i watch him i expect more from him.

the rangers have three great young college prospects in Taylor Heilman and Moore. these guys are very smart hockey players. i don't know if they will ever be stars but they are the type of kids every team needs. i really like moore.

Closed Thread