HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Playoff Hunt" Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
  #26
WinnipegOil
Registered User
 
WinnipegOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Don't be so hard on your team Wild fans. From an outside perspective, the Wild are a very hard team to play against-one of the best coached teams in the league. I wish the Oilers could be as consistent as the Wild with the players they've got. The Wild always seem to get the best out of their players!

WinnipegOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
  #27
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
With two straight wins against two of the top teams in the conference, the Wild are back in a playoff position. The Wild also have games in hand on all teams below them in the standings except Los Angeles.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 02:07 AM
  #28
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
With two straight wins against two of the top teams in the conference, the Wild are back in a playoff position. The Wild also have games in hand on all teams below them in the standings except Los Angeles.
I'm still optimistic but also a realist. Wings game still felt handed to us on a platter and Harding played his ass off yesterday. See how it goes though

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
  #29
a79krgm
Registered User
 
a79krgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Bear Lake
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
It pays when you can keep the puck out of your net. When you do that anyting can happen. The Wild's last two wins (Detroit & Chicago) are proof of that.

Hurray for boring hockey !!!

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
  #30
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
heard they didn't play trap the other night??

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
  #31
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
The game against the Kings will be defining for this team. A win there could potentially knock the Kings out of their status as contenders (It would push them to seven points out of 8th), and the less contenders, the better for Minnesota.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
  #32
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Two more wins against the oilers would go a LONG way in putting them out of contention with us. March isn't that difficult of a month outside of SJ, Devils, Canucks, Flames, and Rangers (5 games out of 16). Thats a potential 22 points. That would pretty much secure at least the 8th seed if we can finish strong in a month we typically do pretty well in.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
  #33
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
We need the Sharks to win today against the Stars!!!!

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
  #34
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
We need the Sharks to win today against the Stars!!!!
And they did.

Excellent.

The only thing worrying me right now is Owen Nolan's injury. If he's out long-term, DR has to go pick up a replacement winger. I nominate Recchi. Recchi and Nolan are very similar players in terms of style, and I could see him easily fitting into Nolan's spot on Bouchard's line. He shouldn't be too expensive either.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
  #35
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
And they did.

Excellent.

The only thing worrying me right now is Owen Nolan's injury. If he's out long-term, DR has to go pick up a replacement winger. I nominate Recchi. Recchi and Nolan are very similar players in terms of style, and I could see him easily fitting into Nolan's spot on Bouchard's line. He shouldn't be too expensive either.
Screw that, lets go for broke if we are going to have to make a trade. We still are going to need to get rid of a d-man at some point if Foster is coming back too. What are we going to do? Put Burns back on wing again so no one gets sent down? Going to be tradeoffs, and without looking at teams in a playoff spot right now (and yes i'm just throwing them out there, but by only looking at those teams not in a seeded spot right now, its slim):

-(R) Sykora, Petr ($2,500,000)
-(L) Sullivan, Steve ($3,200,000)
-(C) Weight, Doug ($1,750,000)
-(C) Reinprecht, Steven ($2,000,000)
-(R) Hinote, Dan ($1,000,000)
-(L) Bell, Mark ($2,500,000)


Last edited by BigT2002: 02-24-2009 at 12:38 AM.
BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:31 PM
  #36
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Screw that, lets go for broke if we are going to have to make a trade. We still are going to need to get rid of a d-man at some point if Foster is coming back too. What are we going to do? Put Burns back on wing again so no one gets sent down? Going to be tradeoffs, and without looking at teams in a playoff spot right now (and yes i'm just throwing them out there, but by only looking at those teams not in a seeded spot right now, its slim):

-(R) Sykora, Petr ($2,500,000)
-(L) Sullivan, Steve ($3,200,000)
-(C) Weight, Doug ($1,750,000)
-(C) Reinprecht, Steven ($2,000,000)
-(R) Hinote, Dan ($1,000,000)
-(L) Bell, Mark ($2,500,000)
The thing is, Recchi is better than all of those players, except maybe Sykora, and the Pens aren't out of contention yet. As a Thrashers fan as well as a Wild fan, I've seen the guy play recently, and he can still play very well. He was an important part of Carolina's cup winning team in 2006, which, coincidentially, they picked up at the trade deadline.

IMO, DR should get rid of Skoula and one of Zidlicky/Bergeron. Replace Skoula with Niclas Havelid from Atlanta, and fill the other spot with Foster.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
  #37
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
The thing is, Recchi is better than all of those players, except maybe Sykora, and the Pens aren't out of contention yet. As a Thrashers fan as well as a Wild fan, I've seen the guy play recently, and he can still play very well. He was an important part of Carolina's cup winning team in 2006, which, coincidentially, they picked up at the trade deadline.

IMO, DR should get rid of Skoula and one of Zidlicky/Bergeron. Replace Skoula with Niclas Havelid from Atlanta, and fill the other spot with Foster.
Can't get rid of Zidlicky, guy has been a great point man on the PP as of late especially with Burns seemingly having a down year. However, if we do decide that route a package of him and Gaborik could go a long way with teams such as that Rags who are desperate need of both another scorer and a dman who can play that position. Don't ask me why, I'm still sold on the idea of Gomez....couldn't tell you why though seriously.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
  #38
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
So we lost in the shootout, and are at 65 points now. Tied with the Ducks and Stars. According to the Tie Breaker rules we "should" be the 7th seed. Nothing like losing and moving up a spot

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:07 PM
  #39
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
A win would have been awesome...but I'll take the point.

I'm just gonna give Edmonton the points now. I don't see them losing against Tampa Bay with a 2 goal advantage this late in the game.

That means there's now a 4-way tie...

EDIT:

Awesome! Tonight was a perfect night for a Wild fan. Columbus beat Edmonton, and St. Louis beat Dallas. Edmonton's still tied, but the Wild now have two games in hand on the Oilers. A Dallas loss means that the Wild have one game in hand on them.

A rare win over Calgary tomorrow night would be awesome. Even an OT loss would be nice.


Last edited by Lux Aurumque*: 02-26-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
  #40
a79krgm
Registered User
 
a79krgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Bear Lake
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
It looks like we need to take Nashville seriously now. They have been playing some awesome hockey as of late.

Feb 21st at St. Louis - W 1-0
Feb 24th vs Chicago - W 5-3
Feb 26th vs Phoenix - W 4-1
Feb 28th vs Detroit - W 8-0

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
  #41
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by a79krgm View Post
It looks like we need to take Nashville seriously now. They have been playing some awesome hockey as of late.

Feb 21st at St. Louis - W 1-0
Feb 24th vs Chicago - W 5-3
Feb 26th vs Phoenix - W 4-1
Feb 28th vs Detroit - W 8-0
How they found Rhinne after losing the netminders they have I will never know. Some teams just get lucky as hell

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  #42
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Tonight is a huge night for the Western playoff race...

Minnesota vs. Vancouver
Columbus vs. Los Angeles
Anaheim vs. Chicago
Dallas vs. San Jose
Edmonton vs. Nashville

EDIT: After two bad losses, the Wild earn a huge come from behind win against the Sharks. Wow. I'm honestly shocked.


Last edited by Lux Aurumque*: 03-06-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
  #43
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
They need to string some f-ing wins together.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
  #44
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
They need to string some f-ing wins together.
What they really need right now is a friggin' repeat of the last game against the Sharks.

EDIT: I ****ing hate the Oilers.


Last edited by Lux Aurumque*: 03-10-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:11 AM
  #45
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Well they got a point.... now 9th place.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM
  #46
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
they are still in the hunt, but they seriously need to actually win more than 2 games in a row if they plan on even making it to the playoffs, let alone advancing. This is seriously pathetic when you haven't had a 3 game winning streak since NOVEMBER!

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
  #47
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Yikes, that is pathetic.

What's the deal, is Gaborik playing soon-ish? I stopped following the star tribune's updates about him lately

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
  #48
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
These pathetic losses against bad teams are going to be the reason that the Wild miss the playoffs. "Gimme" games against teams like Colorado and Los Angeles are the games that could have had the Wild up with Chicago, Columbus, and Vancouver. The two most recent losses to bad teams have been crushing.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
  #49
Red Alberks
Registered User
 
Red Alberks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
These pathetic losses against bad teams are going to be the reason that the Wild miss the playoffs. "Gimme" games against teams like Colorado and Los Angeles are the games that could have had the Wild up with Chicago, Columbus, and Vancouver. The two most recent losses to bad teams have been crushing.
We got swept this season by the Los Angeles Kings. The L.A. Kings. How pathetic is that?

We can beat San Jose, Detroit, and Boston, but we can't win one out of four games against LA and we can't beat Colorado.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
  #50
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Gah. Tonight's game was an absolute must win....

I'm really losing faith in this team's ability to make the playoffs.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.