HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OILERS vs SJ SEABASS - "Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride"

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Klaus*

vCash: 500
Can the Oilers line up all 6 players on the ice across the goal line for 60 minutes tonight?

Old
02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
BattleGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynegetic Dawg View Post
Can the Oilers line up all 6 players on the ice across the goal line for 60 minutes tonight?
I like it! Leave Stortini,Reddox,pouliot,Smack,Struds and JDD out for the entire game. We'll call it a shot blocking excercise.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 0
this one will go to a shootout, I predict.
anyone's game.

clap clap

Old
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Ssseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
Play the Rollie. When he stole those 2 points back in December it was on a back to back and look how good those look now in the standings.

Sharks are playing like guppies so we must strike now.

Nice one!

Old
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
If they're flying into San Jose tonight they're not going to get to their hotel until VERY late (like 2-3 AM San Jose time at the earliest).

don't think they'd be flying in after last nights game. diesn't their airport close at 11:00?
figure they'd get a good nights sleep and fly in the morning.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Rin

OF NOTE

- Dwayne Roloson has started the Oilers last 12 games (Jan. 18-Feb. 16) and is 7-4-1.
- Roloson has started the last 12 home games at Rexall Place and is 7-5-0 in the 12 starts from Jan. 3-Feb. 11.
- He has also started 11 of Edmonton's last 12 road games (Dec. 6-Feb. 16) and is 7-4-1.
- Since Nov. 15th Roloson has started 33 of 40 games and is 18-11-3 in the starts. He has allowed two-or-fewer goals in 21 of the 33 starts.

Does this worry anybody else?? I don't want him burning out when we need him the most.

Can't forget... *CLAP,CLAP*

Old
02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Homesick

GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!

Spring is right around the corner

Old
02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Everyone wear the Gene Principe CLAP CLAP below!

Old
02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
voxel

Gah. Without Lubo and Grebs... I have no hope for this game. I'll watch to be entertained.

I'm looking forward to the post-trade deadline games against lower-standing teams to make up for the ass-****ing tonight.

BTW I just saw that Detroit has a pathetic PK like us. We need to be 7th (not 8th).

Old
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!

Spring is right around the corner
Oh wow, those days still seem so recent. I just want them to make the palyoffs this year because those damn car flags of mine have been sitting in my trunk ever since those 2006 palyoffs waiting to go back up.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post

That's fantastic.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Damn these SOB's are gonna make me spend another 16 bucks on them! Theres no way with this mini streak going that I will not buy the PPV.

The good news is the past 3 PPV's I've bought when it switches over from pregame show to the broadcast this window pops up saying "Unable to complete order" but the game plays anyway. I haven't seen a PPV charge on my most recent bill so crossing my fingers

Either way, with the Oilers good play of late and the Sharks struggles, the Oilers just might win this one. I'm worried about Roloson though.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Homesick

889 -- Win % When Leading After 1-- .864
.944 -- Win % When Leading After 2 -- .857

WOW! Imagine If this team could get it going at the start of every game?Thats a very impressive stat when compared to the best team in the league. So all of you that complain the Oilers melt down at the end of the game...SHUT UP!

Old
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Damn these SOB's are gonna make me spend another 16 bucks on them! Theres no way with this mini streak going that I will not buy the PPV.

The good news is the past 3 PPV's I've bought when it switches over from pregame show to the broadcast this window pops up saying "Unable to complete order" but the game plays anyway. I haven't seen a PPV charge on my most recent bill so crossing my fingers

Either way, with the Oilers good play of late and the Sharks struggles, the Oilers just might win this one. I'm worried about Roloson though.
The mini streak is all a conspiracy to sell more PPV's.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
889 -- Win % When Leading After 1-- .864
.944 -- Win % When Leading After 2 -- .857

WOW! Imagine If this team could get it going at the start of every game?Thats a very impressive stat when compared to the best team in the league. So all of you that complain the Oilers melt down at the end of the game...SHUT UP!
That was a common complaint in 05/06 to 07/08 (easily visible if you looked at the massive amount of OT they encountered). I haven't seen anyone complaining about that this year. They're closing out teams pretty good now.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
reasoner19

somebody needs to put a youtube of the Roloson save on Cheechoo from the cup run year.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Phaedrus

Tonight may be a good opportunity to see what kind of chance the Oilers have if they can make the playoffs. I wish MacTavish would run three scoring lines, and give players like Brule and Potulny a chance - to see if they have a spot on next years roster.

Penner Horcoff Hemsky
Nilsson Gagner Cole
Potulny Cogliano Brule
Moreau Brodziak MacIntyre

I would be happy to watch this line up for the rest of the season.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner19 View Post
somebody needs to put a youtube of the Roloson save on Cheechoo from the cup run year.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
reasoner19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
That gives me goosebumps

Old
02-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Tonight may be a good opportunity to see what kind of chance the Oilers have if they can make the playoffs. I wish MacTavish would run three scoring lines, and give players like Brule and Potulny a chance - to see if they have a spot on next years roster.

Penner Horcoff Hemsky
Nilsson Gagner Cole
Potulny Cogliano Brule
Moreau Brodziak MacIntyre

I would be happy to watch this line up for the rest of the season.
Would you not need 9 forwards who could score to generate 3 scoring lines?

All 3 members of the 2nd line are on pace for roughly 30ish points. Only Hemsky is on pace for more than 60. It is a stretch to say this team has 2 scoring lines worth of skill. 3 is unrealistic, specifically if you lump Potulny and Brule and components of a scoring line in the NHL.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
BlueBelle

totally forgot about the PPV... boo! I think that strangconv and I dropped the ball a little on that on the calendar... Smarch will be better! I swear!

Old
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher View Post

All 3 members of the 2nd line are on pace for roughly 30ish points. Only Hemsky is on pace for more than 60. It is a stretch to say this team has 2 scoring lines worth of skill. 3 is unrealistic, specifically if you lump Potulny and Brule and components of a scoring line in the NHL.
But, 'we' have team depth . Like I said, I would like to give players like Brule and Potulny a real chance to see if they belong on the roster next season. I think Cogliano and Brule could - potentially - be quite an effective duo. Perhaps reunite the kid line, and play Cole on the third with Brule and someone. I do like the idea of a fourth line with Moreau on it.

And of course what you're saying is true - so why do people have delusions of adequacy going into the playoffs?

Old
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
stangconv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
totally forgot about the PPV... boo! I think that strangconv and I dropped the ball a little on that on the calendar... Smarch will be better! I swear!
Damn smarch.... Yeah I ahve been pretty swamped here at work so I didnt put full effort into it... Next week is looking better, though. (because todays my last day for a week)

Old
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
But, 'we' have team depth . Like I said, I would like to give players like Brule and Potulny a real chance to see if they belong on the roster next season. I think Cogliano and Brule could - potentially - be quite an effective duo. Perhaps reunite the kid line, and play Cole on the third with Brule and someone. I do like the idea of a fourth line with Moreau on it.

And of course what you're saying is true - so why do people have delusions of adequacy going into the playoffs?
I am not sure there is that delusion though. I think a lot of people are starting to see this group for what they are. Mediocre. They are where they are in the standings because of the mediocre level of talent, grit, experience, etc. Even more damning evidence of this teams mediocrity is the fact that most people had the goaltending as the question mark to start the year yet Roloson has been as good as we have seen in years. The team is just not that good.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Staypuft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher View Post

That's the kind of ammo the anti-MacT movement has.
Totally hilarious.
Potulny-Cogliano-Brule as a scoring line.
Wow.

Closed Thread