HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek or Quintal in the Playoffs?

View Poll Results: Quintal or Komisarek?
Quintal 72 74.23%
Komisarek 25 25.77%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Rectificator

vCash: 500
Komisarek or Quintal in the Playoffs?

Quintal has still sucked all the game along while Komi was realiable and agressive making some nice body check at moment...

So the question is fair, who would you play in the playoffs as 6th defenseman, Quintal or Komisarek?

Old
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I'l go with Quintal for his experience. In the playoff, rookie mistake are not acceptable. This is the only reason I would take Quintal over Komi because Komi seem to find his game. The perfect scenario(sp?) would be Quintal as the 6th D and put Komi as the 7th. Like that, Komi would have some playoff experience because next year, he will be the 6th D...

Old
03-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Rahan

I agree with Freaky, but I'd like to see Komi see some games too.. But I can't see that happening. :|

Old
03-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Shazbot

I've been sorely unimpressed with Komisarek every time I've seen him play - and I watch every Habs game. Quintal all the way in the playoffs. Komisarek's not ready to play games that count just yet.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:00 PM
electric

At least Komisarek doesn't have a chronic habit of scoring in his own net.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I like Komo's slow progression, but I highly doubt he gets any time during the playoffs. He's still very raw, but has a lot of strength and has thrown some solid hits.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:58 PM
BigM1ke

Komo just for some experience.

Old
03-11-2004, 11:22 PM
tinyzombies

Neither?

Old
03-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Bruin_Ron

Are you guys serious? For the playoffs, you stick with your veteran leaders. Quintal played his 1000th game this season and has been very consistent for you guys all season long. He's dependable and knows his role within the team. I can't believe this question is even up in the air

Old
03-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
OT - Nice pic of Komi Nice hit on big Hordichuk tonight also

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 03-12-2004 at 01:50 AM.
Old
03-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Marksman

Souray - Quintal was just amazing pairing last time we had playoffs hockey. Komi has good chances to play - hes there ready to jump in if/when Brisebois Rivet or Q gets hurt.

Old
03-12-2004, 08:22 AM
zzoo

I've closely watched Komisarek's plays.
And I find Komisarek is really over-rated, thanks to his size and the tag of first round pick. But his defensive skills is really limited, he rarely manages to make the first good pass. Personally, I think Bouillon is now a much better player than Komi. No wonder why CJ uses Komi about 12-15 minutes a game.

I fully know that he's still young, and he has potential. But right now, he plays poorly.

I dream that Bouillon has the size of Komi

Old
03-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quintal this year(experience), but

next year Komi for sure(more experience then).

Old
03-12-2004, 08:30 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectificator
Quintal has still sucked all the game along while Komi was realiable and agressive making some nice body check at moment...

So the question is fair, who would you play in the playoffs as 6th defenseman, Quintal or Komisarek?
No the question is not fair, for it to be fair you would have to express no opinion. Which is not what you do.

Old
03-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo
And I find Komisarek is really over-rated, thanks to his size and the tag of first round pick. But his defensive skills is really limited, he rarely manages to make the first good pass. Personally, I think Bouillon is now a much better player than Komi. No wonder why CJ uses Komi about 12-15 minutes a game.

I fully know that he's still young, and he has potential. But right now, he plays poorly.

Exactly he is young, and maturing. Thats why it is completely wrong to say he is overated.

Old
03-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Darz

If the playoffs were to start today, and everybody was healthy, I don't think it would even be a question. Komisarek would be in the press box, Quintal would be on the ice. I am 100% sure that Quintal, if healthy, will be one of our 6 dman in the lineup for playoff game #1.

Old
03-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Personally, I think Bouillon is now a much better player than Komi.
Bouillon is freakin' 28 years old while Komo just turned 22 years old. No wonder he looks better. We'll see who will be better when Komo is that age.

Old
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

he rarely manages to make the first good pass??? Man, he always put the puck on the tape of the other player. He's one of the best passer of the team. His defensive skill is pretty good.

He made a lot of little thing that the people don't seem to see. For exemple, yesterday against the Panthers, one player was behind Garon net with the puck and Komi was going in his direction and he put one knee on the ice to cut the pass angle. That was amazing!

Old
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Guy Damien Lafleur

I would rather a few rookie mistakes, than having consistent errors that would cost us a game or "the game". Mistakes can be fixed, errors cannot. I admire Quintal's desire. But the body and shape is not there anymore.

Old
03-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Ark, Quintal, malgré que ça fait longtemps qu'il est dans la LNH fait encore des erreurs de Rookies dégeulasse. Juste contre les Panthers...Un vétéran, 15 saisons dans la LNH, drafté en première ronde, 6-4, 230 lbs! Contre...John Olson! premier match NHL, aucune véritable expérience, drafté en 6eme ronde!!! Qui ne surveillait pas devant le but? Eh oui, la rookie bat le vétéran bien établie tel un enfant de sept ans...

Je veux Komi en séries pis Quintal qui fait le warm-up. Komisarek ramassera jamais aussi bien les rondelles accumulés dans le net que Quintal dans les Warm-ups...

Old
03-12-2004, 08:00 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quintal. Simply because he is more used to play under pressure. He knows how to deal in important moments. Komisarek is still 22 and has no playoff experience. I think he'd be too nervous with the puck and cough up the puck, just as he's been doing since he's been called up from Hamilton (not that it isn't normal, though, as he still has things to learn). You can say what you want about Quintal being slow and everything, but there's no doubt in my mind he could deal better in playoff situations than a young rookie like Komo would. Therefore, Quintal should be playing.

Old
03-12-2004, 10:52 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Quintal. Simply because he is more used to play under pressure. He knows how to deal in important moments. Komisarek is still 22 and has no playoff experience. I think he'd be too nervous with the puck and cough up the puck, just as he's been doing since he's been called up from Hamilton (not that it isn't normal, though, as he still has things to learn). You can say what you want about Quintal being slow and everything, but there's no doubt in my mind he could deal better in playoff situations than a young rookie like Komo would. Therefore, Quintal should be playing.
I agree. Quintal will make tons of mistakes, but he's retiring. Komisarek will make tons of mistakes that will set back his game.

Old
03-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Neither?
in a perfect world, that would have been my answer...

Old
03-12-2004, 11:54 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quintal should play most of the games, but Komi should get his chance somewhere

Old
03-13-2004, 12:03 AM
tritone

Love Komi but gotta go with the proven Warrior , Quintal will step it up in the playoffs and will be a great 4rth D-man for the team. Komi might be awesome, but the word MIGHT is not a good thing come post seasons

Closed Thread