HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simone Gagne to Edmonton

Old
02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Simon will lose that poll.

Why? Because Hemsky is so underrated that he has now become overrated.
i wouldn't trust a fans poll (just look at the silly Habs fans voting in 4 of their own players) as a TRUE indication of which player is better. I think that if you ask actual hockey experts (guys who's job it is to make actual decissions like this) that though they may sya they are close, Gagne would get more than 75% of the votes.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
As shocking it may be to some of you Edmonton fans, Gagne has the decent lead in the poll. (I know a HF poll isn't to be taken very seriously)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=609042

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
i wouldn't trust a fans poll (just look at the silly Habs fans voting in 4 of their own players) as a TRUE indication of which player is better. I think that if you ask actual hockey experts (guys who's job it is to make actual decissions like this) that though they may sya they are close, Gagne would get more than 75% of the votes.
but not Gretzky's

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oi...15716-sun.html

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
As shocking it may be to some of you Edmonton fans, Gagne has the decent lead in the poll. (I know a HF poll isn't to be taken very seriously)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=609042
start up a horcoff vs carter poll after this one... and i'll get u a horcoff win if u leave it up for 3 days..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:18 PM
jcoldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
hint....teams that need to make ridiculous overpayments for players shouldn't sling crap at other teams for not being able to sign free agents.

EDIT. I don't disagree that Briere is a good player. He's definatley worth every penny of 5.5 mil a season.
So are you saying that Souray is worth his contract? How about Horcoff and his newly signed contract that comes into play next season? Those are 2 contracts that Lowe screwed up on. He overpaid to get Souray here because he lost out on landing a big name free agent and this was his "big catch".

As for Horcoff, he most definitely not worth the contract. I mean Gagne is getting less than Horcoff and he is a better player than Horcoff also. Something doesn't add up on Edmonton's side.

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote