HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Miller, Holland, Barney Activated; Barney, Cammy, Gleason to Manchester

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Miller, Holland, Barney Activated; Barney, Cammy, Gleason to Manchester

link

Old
03-09-2004, 05:12 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Well. I like the fact that Miller and Barney are healthy as well as Holland. It is grand to see everyone getting better. I also think that it is well to send Barney down since we have Carter now and he can use his experience from his time here and help Manch and be ready to earn his spot at camp.

I absolutely see it as Rubbish to Yank Gleasons chain AGAIN by sending him down. This is what led to his struggling and lack of confidence when he were called back up and he has been as good as any other NHL defenceman we have on our roster save Matty and even then not too far off as of late.

I also reckon we had to send down Camms but he bloody well too has proven he is ready for perminent time with the top six at the NHL level.

God help me if I see Chartrand or Tripp on the ice this season I will vomit knowing we have Barney and Camms who are significant improvements waisting away on the farm.

If we were to lose Holland to waiver then so be it. We have Muir if needs dictated it. Of the two, Gleason is simply so much better than Holland that they aren't even close and to favour him, a number 6/7 guy over giving the experience to Gleason just caps off a couple of days where I am starting to question more of our moves then ever before.

Certainly I still believe Stitch to be the best there is but, his latest moves (wondering how much influence Andy has on them) should come with an instruction manual. To me they are just well too dodgy.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Grebeshkov still up?

Old
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Grebeshkov still up?
Nope. He was sent down a couple days ago along with Chouinard.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
A few people think this is just until the rosters expand. No one seems to know the date when that happens. Everyday I hear a different date

Old
03-09-2004, 05:55 PM
sigepcsun

strange moves again

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Well. I like the fact that Miller and Barney are healthy as well as Holland. It is grand to see everyone getting better. I also think that it is well to send Barney down since we have Carter now and he can use his experience from his time here and help Manch and be ready to earn his spot at camp.

I absolutely see it as Rubbish to Yank Gleasons chain AGAIN by sending him down. This is what led to his struggling and lack of confidence when he were called back up and he has been as good as any other NHL defenceman we have on our roster save Matty and even then not too far off as of late.

I also reckon we had to send down Camms but he bloody well too has proven he is ready for perminent time with the top six at the NHL level.

God help me if I see Chartrand or Tripp on the ice this season I will vomit knowing we have Barney and Camms who are significant improvements waisting away on the farm.

To me they are just well too dodgy.
- Some of these moves don't make sense, I am glad Miller is back, but there is definitely something wrong with the way we are developing young players....every time they feel comfortable and get their confidence up (Barney, Camms and Gleason) we send them down. I don't feel that this is the best way to develop our young talent. This should be a great way for them to get the experience of what it takes to get to the Playoffs. As a teacher and coach I think this is a lost opportunity to give those two youngsters some valuable experience. Experience that can not be replicated at the minor league level!

-Is Tripp still around...because if he is and Barney/Camms is down that is just SICK!
----one more thing, by by Bertuzzi (coward)

Old
03-09-2004, 05:56 PM
guzmania

No, Grebs went down with Chouinard when Hnilicka (or whatever) went down.

D now looks like this:
Norstrom, Corvo, Miller, Dempsey, Holland, Modry

No 7th D until Vis comes back.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:24 PM
nikolai19

Visnovsky, I am guessing will be back late next week, like against San Jose or Anaheim. Right now, Holland will fill in for Vis until he gets back. Our D should look like this tonigh in Phoenix:

Norstrom-Corvo
Modry-Holland
Miller-Dempsey

When Visnovsky comes back, insert him into Holland's spot.

Forward wise, I don't know if Cowan will be in the lineup tonight, I doubt it. I am guessing that it will be:

Frolov-Stumpel-Straka
Klatt-Armstrong-Robitalle
Avery-Belanger-Lapperiere
Carter-Pirnes-Brown

When Cowan comes in, I think he will jump in for Brownie, who SHOULD be sent to Guelph, but I doubt it.

I don't see that last line as a "4th line". I see it as we have three lines that can be tough offensively, and the energy line has been chipping in as well.

I think that the best deal at the deadline we made will end up being the Cowan deal. He's a tough player who has got some decent skill. He plays HARD. Just exactly what would be needed for the playoffs.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Fat Elvis

That's too bad for Gleason, he has been one of our best dmen the last few weeks, good with the puck, hits everything and doesn't make the Modry mistakes. I don't really understand some of the moves we have made and not made the last couple of days.

Old
03-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Gleason played tonight over Holland, which i was glad to see. What are we going to do with Tripp?

Old
03-10-2004, 01:57 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigepcsun
- Some of these moves don't make sense, I am glad Miller is back, but there is definitely something wrong with the way we are developing young players....every time they feel comfortable and get their confidence up (Barney, Camms and Gleason) we send them down. I don't feel that this is the best way to develop our young talent. This should be a great way for them to get the experience of what it takes to get to the Playoffs. As a teacher and coach I think this is a lost opportunity to give those two youngsters some valuable experience. Experience that can not be replicated at the minor league level!

-Is Tripp still around...because if he is and Barney/Camms is down that is just SICK!
----one more thing, by by Bertuzzi (coward)
I understand about how it's not good for there confidence, but what are we suppose to do? Should we tell our injured players not to come back? Should we bench Cowan and Carter? NOO way soo i guess you agree we should have the best line up out there. These players are already developing fast, because they have played all these NHL games already.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I was shocked that Gleason played last night. What the hell is going on?

Old
03-10-2004, 10:35 AM
sigepcsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I understand about how it's not good for there confidence, but what are we suppose to do? Should we tell our injured players not to come back? Should we bench Cowan and Carter? NOO way soo i guess you agree we should have the best line up out there. These players are already developing fast, because they have played all these NHL games already.

I just think the best lineup would have Gleason in and Holland out. Gleason has improved his consistency and decision making throughout the year and I feel deserves a chance to help this team make the playoffs. Holland is adequate as a fill in (healthy scratch)
-the defensive pairings last night looked about right.

I also thought the lines last night were pretty good. It is a tough situation and I hope that AM and DT handled the transactions with the kids very tactfully and with a lot of positivity.
-Is Gleason still scheduled to go back to Manchester?

Old
03-10-2004, 11:16 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I was too. I thought he got sent down, but then I looked on the Kings' official site, and it says that they recalled him and Barney.

Kings recall Barney and Gleason

LOL ... I wonder if they were headed toward the airport when they recalled them. haha.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:44 AM
No One

Quote:
They had to be on the AHL roster yesterday to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

How pissed is Cammalleri that he is down?

Old
03-10-2004, 12:12 PM
takun

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One

I think based on DT's comments last night regarding the acquisition of Cowen, it sounds like the Kings rather go with size for the playoffs. That might make sense as to why Barney is still up and Cammalleri was sent down...

Old
03-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:

You need to post over here more often. You know the CBA and rulebook better than anyone.
I tried to PM you, but I think you turned your PM's off

Old
03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
No One

Quote:
You need to post over here more often. You know the CBA and rulebook better than anyone.
I tried to PM you, but I think you turned your PM's off
:blush

actually, I never turned them on. They are on now..

oh, and as far as knowing the rules and CBA... it is because working from home frees me up to research these things, especially since work is SLOW right now.....

Old
03-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
So you have even more reasons to post here

Old
03-11-2004, 07:23 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Cammalleri scored a PP goal off a sweet Lehoux set-up last night in the 3rd to make it 3-0 over Springfield. If he's pissed, he's hiding it well. (Except maybe for the slash to the wrist of a Springfield d-man that he got away with. The just above the glove stinger type.) There was a rumor going around the Verizon last night that during warm-ups Cammalleri actually acknowledged one of the 100 or so kids that press their faces against the glass with a head nod. Actually, he's usually pretty good for a throwing the puck onto the glass to scare them move. Typically in Cammalleri's first games back, you can almost sense he's sulking from his body language which could be attributed to being thrust into the bright lights that are Manchester. In all fairness to Cammalleri, many season ticket holders have come to expect little from the guys in their first games back from LA.

Cammalleri played wing all night with Lehoux at center and Greg Koehler on the other wing. Actually, on one or maybe two occasions, he centered a "throw these guys together and see what happens" line. I think we all know that he'd rather be in LA and so would the entire Monarchs team, that is completely understandable. I think letting him have a couple of shifts at center is good for the team and for Mike.

I am not trying to start an it's the best thing for him to be in Manchester getting LOADS of ice time and PP time vs. what he was getting or could expect in LA debate here. Rather, he is being afforded every opportunity by Boudreau and the Kings organization to further his development as a wing and to be successful at it. What Mike does with the opportunity is completely up to him. I think Mike playing with Lehoux will elevate Lehoux's game. (Having said that, Boudreau will probably split them this morning.) So in that respect, Cammalleri's presence is helping the development of others as well.

Probably a lot more info than you were looking for No One, but I have had my Coffee!

Closed Thread