HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official "We want you back Alex"

Old
02-18-2009, 12:12 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
hey hey le_sean... your way of bashing Kovy is disaproves by his cheerleaders... you must be doing something wrong!
I was wondering where you were ...

the grinders ... our great trio of kovy bashers , even here in a ''support kovy'' thread.

Iwishihadacup -Le_Sean - Asterix .

Asterix is the leading bashing poster with 700 post insulting kovy with great backing from all his different sources around the world of hockey . (never states them , its confidential ) .

but Le_sea was injured for a day , and should have been considered the greatest kovy basher, even when injured (he should always lead in posts)

Iwishihadacup just comes around for the finishing touch ...

its a good day to hate kovy , I'll give you that.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You know, sometimes, i wonder why i keep defending Kovalev. To be honest, i am very disappointed of his season. But now, i do realize that he is getting old like everyone else. He is a proud player and loves the game more than everyone else. Thats why i respect him.

I know he is not a heartless and lazy player like many likes to call him here. I am not saying that he tried SUPER hard, but i believe that he does try out there, in the rink, but maybe, that time catch up on him. There is thing he can do last season and not anymore now. And for a player with such pride, when you have all the pressure on you to perform but physically, you cannot do it anymore, of course it will affect his game.

People are saying that they are sick that Kovy deke 2-3 guys just to lose the puck at the end, see, these are the things that worked last year, everybody loved Kovalev because he was magical on the ice by fooling the defenseman of the other team and for a player like Kovalev, i bet it is hard for him to realize that.

I just hate when people are calling him lazy or heartless. Martin McGuire from CKAC says that Kovalev is often the last player to leave the ice in practice. A lazy guy wouldnt do that. I do not believe that Kovalev wakes up in a game day saying: ''oh man.. not a game tonight. I will just pretend to play and cash my check''. I bet Kovalev wants this team to perform as much as Koivu or Kostopoulos or Carbo but he does not have the good attitude to do so. You can tell that Kovy took it personnaly when he got the ''C'' on his jersey and tried to lead all the youngster when Koivu was injured and he did a very decent job.

Some people seems to forget that he is over 35 yr old. He had almost a career year last season because EVERYTHING worked out perfectly fine for him. Plekanec and Kostitsyn completed him well, but mostly the powerplay was awesome. People expect that Kovalev can be a 35 years scorer and a PPG player but he is not. Kovalev plays his best hockey when he's playing with a top center. I bet if Plekanec and Kostitsyn played like last year, all this stuff will not happen. And when people saying that is Kovalev's responsability to make A. Kost and Plek. better, thats pure bullcrap to me. Kovalev never made his center better in his career. Actually, he is the one playing a lot better with a good center.

Anyways, im done with this. I just hope Kovalev will comeback with the Habs without any pressure. Just go to the basic and playing his game. For me, a team with Kovalev is still better than a team without Kovalev. I hope Gainey is not ****ing with us and will bring Kovalev back to this team. He will be needed in the playoff. I still have faith in him.
It's more than fair enough. Believe me when I say that I respect you and your opinion on this matter in spite of not necessarily sharing it. It simply proves that it is possible to remain respectful in spite of people having differences in opinions.

Cheers.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:15 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Wow what a great comeback, you ****. You can keep your man crush for players like Kostopoulos and Begin, who are ****in useless and wouldn't even carry Kovalev's jock, I'll take the player who's freakin talented, who makes a LOT of good ****in plays even on his bad nights hes one of our best forwards. You should take your own damn advice and watch the games, not listen to the clowns on rds or ckac.

If you did, without your ****in biased glasses, maybe just maybe you would see that even at his worse, he's our best forward after Kostitsyn and Koivu. How many ****in times has this team been lucky they had Kovalev when they couldnt ****in get into the opposing zone on a freakin powerplay? Every hab turns into a ****in idiot when it comes to getting into the zone on the powerplay and setting up, if you just give it to Kovalev he goes in so easily.

I dont get why fans here are never satisfied. We get a player that is feared around the league, yet we ****in bash him out of town. We do the same to Ribeiro. We get Shneider we complain that he's old and a determinant to the team. We get Lang and we complain that its a bad deal. Every ****in thing is turned into a complaint. God is it ever annoying
LOL. I guess your only options are killing me or suicide, this anger seems incurable.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:17 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You know, sometimes, i wonder why i keep defending Kovalev. To be honest, i am very disappointed of his season. But now, i do realize that he is getting old like everyone else. He is a proud player and loves the game more than everyone else. Thats why i respect him.

I know he is not a heartless and lazy player like many here likes to call him here. I am not saying that he tried SUPER hard, but i believe that he does try out there, in the rink, but maybe, that time catch up on him. There is thing he can do last season and not anymore now. And for a player with such pride, when you have all the pressure on you to perform but physically, you cannot do it anymore, of course it will affect his game.

People are saying that they are sick that Kovy deke 2-3 guys just to lose the puck at the end, see, these are the things that worked last year, everybody loved Kovalev because he was magical on the ice by fooling the defenseman of the other team and for a player like Kovalev, i bet it is hard for him to realize that. But thats his game, thats how he played hockey in his whole career. He is not Begin or Kostopoulos that needs to dump the puck deep to be able to perform. Kovalev dekes because he is/was good at it.

I just hate when people are calling him lazy or heartless. Martin McGuire from CKAC says that Kovalev is often the last player to leave the ice in practice. A lazy guy wouldnt do that. I do not believe that Kovalev wakes up in a game day saying: ''oh man.. not a game tonight. I will just pretend to play and cash my check''. I bet Kovalev wants this team to perform as much as Koivu or Kostopoulos or Carbo but he does not have the good attitude to do so. You can tell that Kovy took it personnaly when he got the ''C'' on his jersey and tried to lead all the youngster when Koivu was injured and he did a very decent job.

Some people seems to forget that he is over 35 yr old. He had almost a career year last season because EVERYTHING worked out perfectly fine for him. Plekanec and Kostitsyn completed him well, but mostly the powerplay was awesome. People expect that Kovalev can be a 35 years scorer and a PPG player but he is not. Kovalev plays his best hockey when he's playing with a top center. I bet if Plekanec and Kostitsyn played like last year, all this stuff will not happen. And when people saying that is Kovalev's responsability to make A. Kost and Plek. better, thats pure bullcrap to me. Kovalev never made his center better in his career. Actually, he is the one playing a lot better with a good center.

Anyways, im done with this. I just hope Kovalev will comeback with the Habs without any pressure. Just go to the basic and playing his game. For me, a team with Kovalev is still better than a team without Kovalev. I hope Gainey is not ****ing with us and will bring Kovalev back to this team. He will be needed in the playoff. I still have faith in him.

was worth staying here a little longer to see that post .

Old
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
LOL. I guess your only options are killing me or suicide, this anger seems incurable.
I just realised that you're not worth it, I dont get why I'm wasting my time trying to argue with you.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
le_sean

Quote:
I just realised that you're not worth it, I dont get why I'm wasting my time trying to argue with you.
Because neither of us will win. My arguments make way too much sense for someone as delusional as you.

Old
02-18-2009, 12:22 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
It's more than fair enough. Believe me when I say that I respect you and your opinion on this matter in spite of not necessarily sharing it. It simply proves that it is possible to remain respectful in spite of people having differences in opinions.

Cheers.
if only you could have that approach right from the start ... I might be able to like you you know ...

Old
02-18-2009, 12:23 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Because neither of us will win. My arguments make way too much sense for someone as delusional as you.
hahah that one made me laugh ...

Le_sean allows himself to say that , right after a delusional post ...

oh the irony.

Old
02-18-2009, 12:30 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
You've been warned, you will turn your season around and you will do so in the Habs uniform, plays like it's 2007-2008 again!
Right now Kovalev is flying his plane down to Washington in a last ditch effort to win back the hearts of his GM, coach and team. Right before tomorrow night's game, he will show up outside the Habs dressing room with a ghetto blaster held in the air that's cranking out some romantic Peter Gabriel. He will then have a group hug with Koivu, Price, Schneider, Gainey, Carbo and Benoit Brunet. He will then score a hattrick in the game that ensues.

Well, it might not play out exactly this way, but I also hope that Kovy gets the message and returns to the form we have grown accustomed to seeing him in.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
if only you could have that approach right from the start ... I might be able to like you you know ...

I've known both you and Stradale for a few years on the Habs' forum and I have a lot of respect for him as he usually stayed away from personal comments and attacks.

Your posting style may have gotten us clashing a few times...

Last edited by Habsterix*: 02-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Wow what a great comeback, you ****. You can keep your man crush for players like Kostopoulos and Begin, who are ****in useless and wouldn't even carry Kovalev's jock, I'll take the player who's freakin talented, who makes a LOT of good ****in plays even on his bad nights hes one of our best forwards. You should take your own damn advice and watch the games, not listen to the clowns on rds or ckac.

If you did, without your ****in biased glasses, maybe just maybe you would see that even at his worse, he's our best forward after Kostitsyn and Koivu. How many ****in times has this team been lucky they had Kovalev when they couldnt ****in get into the opposing zone on a freakin powerplay? Every hab turns into a ****in idiot when it comes to getting into the zone on the powerplay and setting up, if you just give it to Kovalev he goes in so easily.

I dont get why fans here are never satisfied. We get a player that is feared around the league, yet we ****in bash him out of town. We do the same to Ribeiro. We get Shneider we complain that he's old and a determinant to the team. We get Lang and we complain that its a bad deal. Every ****in thing is turned into a complaint. God is it ever annoying
I can't believe how little you actually know about hockey. All you do is F this and F that and cry when your favorite player gets his due. Will you ever wake up and realize that you're supporting a player that has proven he's a self-centered quitter? You're not a Canadiens fan...if you were, you'd be pissed at Kovalev for mailing it in almost every game this year....effectively cheating the fans, his own teammates and the people managing him and paying his salary. Shows exactly what kind of person you are.

After following this team over 40 years and...where we benched/scratched 50 goal scorers (Pierre Larouche) because they weren't team guys......it really makes me want to puke to read that we should bow to this guy after his spoiled child display this year. All Kovalev has to do, is play his ass off (as he did last year) and he'd save his image and end off his career as a hero, not a zero as will happen unless he snaps out of it quick.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:51 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
I can't believe how little you actually know about hockey. All you do is F this and F that and cry when your favorite player gets his due. Will you ever wake up and realize that you're supporting a player that has proven he's a self-centered quitter? You're not a Canadiens fan...if you were, you'd be pissed at Kovalev for mailing it in almost every game this year....effectively cheating the fans, his own teammates and the people managing him and paying his salary. Shows exactly what kind of person you are.

After following this team over 40 years and...where we benched/scratched 50 goal scorers (Pierre Larouche) because they weren't team guys......it really makes me want to puke to read that we should bow to this guy after his spoiled child display this year. All Kovalev has to do, is play his ass off (as he did last year) and he'd save his image and end off his career as a hero, not a zero as will happen unless he snaps out of it quick.
Can I frame this post?

Old
02-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Ishmael

Someone on this board, a long time ago, speculated that Kovalev's knees might be giving him more trouble this year, that it's part of a cycle he seems to go through. I know he's said that his knees feel fine, but perhaps that might be part of the problem?

Gainey said it the best. He's a player that gets paid to produce points, and he's not right now, and he's also not doing the little things neccessary. Kovalev's an amazing talent, but he really doesn't seem to be in sync with the team, doing the little things - whether that's b/c he's lazy (I doubt it), emotionally/mentally out of sync, dislikes Carbonneau, having trouble with his body, or what, it doesn't matter - he's dragging the team down (making turnovers and not skating enough means the rest of the team has to work a lot harder), and something had to be done.

I hope he finds whatever answers he needs in his time away from the rink (which seems like it would be a good idea for most players during the long season), but bottom line is I think Gainey is looking out for the team and in Bob I trust.

Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:26 AM
3TB3*

only thing we want back is for gainey not to screw up on this like he has done so often in the past here and bring back inferior talent of future wishful thinking picks in return. kovalev has played his last game here. and gainey had better not rush and move him by saturday. waiting till the last minute of the trade deadline if necessary will get the habs their best deal in return.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Mustafa*

That is me right now singing that song to Kovy!

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Beautiful song, Brel was a true artist...speaking of which.

I'll always be a Kovalev Fan-whatever happens to him. He was one of the reasons i was excited again watching the habs, before him, the team was a joke talent wise.

Hope he can come back with a chip on his shoulder but I wouldn't be averse to trading him if it makes sense for the team's success this year.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Beautiful song, Brel was a true artist...speaking of which.

I'll always be a Kovalev Fan-whatever happens to him. He was one of the reasons i was excited again watching the habs, before him, the team was a joke talent wise.

Hope he can come back with a chip on his shoulder but I wouldn't be averse to trading him if it makes sense for the team's success this year.
he wont come back! he's played his last game here. is a fa july 1.

gainey wont allow himself to get nothing again for him as he did for fas souray, ryder and streit last 2 years by letting him play for habs after the trade deadline as he obviously has not and will not give kovalev a new deal.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
Someone on this board, a long time ago, speculated that Kovalev's knees might be giving him more trouble this year, that it's part of a cycle he seems to go through. I know he's said that his knees feel fine, but perhaps that might be part of the problem?

Gainey said it the best. He's a player that gets paid to produce points, and he's not right now, and he's also not doing the little things neccessary. Kovalev's an amazing talent, but he really doesn't seem to be in sync with the team, doing the little things - whether that's b/c he's lazy (I doubt it), emotionally/mentally out of sync, dislikes Carbonneau, having trouble with his body, or what, it doesn't matter - he's dragging the team down (making turnovers and not skating enough means the rest of the team has to work a lot harder), and something had to be done.

I hope he finds whatever answers he needs in his time away from the rink (which seems like it would be a good idea for most players during the long season), but bottom line is I think Gainey is looking out for the team and in Bob I trust.
Kovalev is the ultimate Conjunction Player, every sentence that describes him has the word "but" in it. Time for his but to sit at home for a while.

He'll be back however, gathering up his ego and trying to scrape the tarnish from his image. I like him better when he's proving something anyway.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Mustafa*

J'inventerai un domaine où le hockey sera roi, le hockey sera loi, où tu seras capitaine ... ne me quitte pas Kovy... ne me quitte pas

(the cpatain thing is just for poetry, actualy i prefer Koivu as a Captn).

EDIT And yeah i know, i realy sound homo-erotic.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
roy munson

Quote:
I support him 110%.

Sure he doesnt score, but he's ****in fun to watch. Thats what its all about. He's unique, his hands are ****in amazing...
I agree that he's ****in fun to watch and that his hands are ****in amazing, but we should ****in hope for more than that. He also needs to put the ****in puck in the ****in net. I don't care if he's Gandalf, Copperfield or a magic elf. I don't care if anyone on the team doesn't speak any of earth's languages, I want players who make the team win.

Just my ****in humble opinion...

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythro73 View Post
I agree 110%.

Please, come back Kovy. Don't be a dumbass, Bob.

Seriously, Gainey has some nerve trying to make the team compete better. Kovalev has brought every single player that he has played with the last few weeks down to his current crap level. Kost, Koivu, you name it... for him to stay on the team in his current state he would need to be playing with Begin and Laraque to not have a negative effect on other players.

Gainey... thinking about the team

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:44 AM
habfaninvictoria

While I hate to think of this team without Alex Kovalev, I think we need to remember that no one player is above the team, or the game. AK is one of the rarest talents in the game today, or any day for that matter. The problem now, as it has been for most of his career is that he doesn't seem to know it's not good enough to be talented. This is a better team with last years Kovalev, heck even last months Kovalev, but something is terribly wrong now and BG is sending the proper message. If we win these 2 games without him, I'll bet he's back in the lineup, hopefully lesson learned, but still leaves time for BG to pull a trigger on a deal if he still has his head up his ass.

The world will keep turning without Alex Kovelev

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Shabutie

I've NEVER been a fan of Kovalev (as you all know). So this is probably the happiest I've been regarding the habs in a long ass time.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
I support him 110%.

Sure he doesnt score, but he's ****in fun to watch. Thats what its all about. He's unique, his hands are ****in amazing.

I think when he leaves the fans will finally realise how good a talent that guy was but it will be too late. We took him for granted, expected him to be a superstar because we didnt have any for the longest time.

I just wish we had appreciated him, and just marveled at his incredible talent and been proud of having a talent like him on our team instead of bashing him every chance we got on tv, on internet, everywhere.

I liked Kovalev, because unliked most other hockey players, he didnt play like a ****IN ROBOT. He had his own style, and thats what I like to see.

If he leaves, I will never forget him, that's for sure.
I have more fun seeing a working team that care and win then a guy trying to deke a player 4 times and losing the puck.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

I'm not a Kovalev fan, but I respect his talent.

I look at the Kovalev situation this way...you're BG, you want to shake the team up, but without really doing anything substantial to the roster.

You can call it whatever you want, but it's Kovalev being benched for 2 games.

It sends a clear message to the team....no one is above reproach.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote