HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines of the FUTURE!

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Lines of the FUTURE!

hey guys. i was just playing around with lines we might have a few years down the line. what do you think?

lundmark - umberger - jessiman
jonasen - d. moore - balej
barnaby - g.murray - heerema

tyutin - rachunek
poti - purrinton
lampman - kondratiev

why those lines? i think that lundmark is too small to play center, he gets destroyed in the open ice, so he should be switched to left wing(we have no good LW prospects anyway). jessiman is the key to this line, he'll work down low and create space for lundmark and umberger to skate in and score. moore is an all-around guy, good for second line, will set up balej and jonasen will do the physical work. garth murray will be similar to holik and will anchor the checking line(cant forget barnaby).
tyutin i think can be our number 1 offensive dman, rachunek can become the best defensive dman.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:47 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Love to see a Dawes-Umberger-Jessiman line.

And Brian Leetch in the line up!

03-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Barnaby

LoL.... Lundmark on the 1st line?

What do you guys see that I don't?

Old
03-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
hey guys. i was just playing around with lines we might have a few years down the line. what do you think?

lundmark - umberger - jessiman
jonasen - d. moore - balej
barnaby - g.murray - heerema

tyutin - rachunek
poti - purrinton
lampman - kondratiev

why those lines? i think that lundmark is too small to play center, he gets destroyed in the open ice, so he should be switched to left wing(we have no good LW prospects anyway). jessiman is the key to this line, he'll work down low and create space for lundmark and umberger to skate in and score. moore is an all-around guy, good for second line, will set up balej and jonasen will do the physical work. garth murray will be similar to holik and will anchor the checking line(cant forget barnaby).
tyutin i think can be our number 1 offensive dman, rachunek can become the best defensive dman.
Just afew things...

-Barnaby was traded, even though I believe he'll be back.

-Jessiman is a left wing

-Lundmark is a center

-Murry (I'm pretty sure at least) is either a right or left wing

-God help us if A) Poti is still on the team and B) Purinton is a top 4 on the team.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Un Prophete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Just afew things...

-Barnaby was traded, even though I believe he'll be back.

-Jessiman is a left wing

-Lundmark is a center

-Murry (I'm pretty sure at least) is either a right or left wing

-God help us if A) Poti is still on the team and B) Purinton is a top 4 on the team.
Why does HF list Jessiman as a right wing then? And many people think Lundmark is a better fit at left wing than center.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Barnaby

1. Dont forget... we arent sure Dom Moore is an NHL player much less a 2nd line center..

2. Hereema can stay in Hartford.

3. Little early to call Jonasen a 2nd line winger.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Oh yeah. If Purinton is one of the Rangers top four defensemen, there are a lot of bad days ahead.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:10 PM
leafaholix*

IMO, Kondratiev will be the Rangers #2 or 3 defenseman.

Wait and see, he's as talented as Tjutin.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:10 PM
ragfan

Don't forget, we have some "sleeper" porspects like Pter Prucha and Jan Marek, both of whom are playing well in the Czech extraliga.

And we also have Lundqvist.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Janerixon

heres what i can see for next season, this is not what i would do but i can see sather doing this
we buy out dunham
we re-sign barnaby, rucinsky, simon, mironov, and mclennan or we sign a goalie to split time with blackie provided he is healthy
and the shocker... we re-sign lindros at a bargain rate base salary in an incentives filled contract (not for games played but by points and playoffs)

lines
rucinsky-holik-jagr
simon-lindros-barnaby
murray-lundmark-ortmeyer
lacouture-betts-?

mironov-tyutin
rachunek-poti
kasper-lampman

mclennan-blackie

9 players over 30... not too bad, but still no one under 30 in the top 6

lundmark is not going to ever be more than 3rd line material, ortmeyer if he can score will be and dom moore has potential to be a solid 2nd line 2 way center

that 4th line spot im not sure on depends on how moore plays or if umberger or giroux are ready for the pro team

but murray, ortmeyer, tyutin, and lampman should all be players ready to be with the pro team next year

kondratiev, umberger, and giroux are question marks

as for balej... i want to see him play, i cant tell on him yet, he has nhl wheels but i worry about his defensive game and i wonder if thats why the rangers are holding him back

Old
03-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
whats the point of getting all this youth and then just getting old guys again? i would at most resign rucinsky and barnaby, we dont need the other guys. murray can play 2nd or 3rd line for sure, lundmark at least 2nd. umberger,jessiman, and balej have 1st line potential

Old
03-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
rangers recalled balej? he's on your team roster ... : http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/roster.asp
it's getting interesting

Old
03-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
rangers recalled balej? he's on your team roster ... : http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/roster.asp
it's getting interesting
He played last game.... it looked like a strong wind could knock the guy down, but he played.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Fitzlax99

Come now he didn't look that weak on this skates...no more than Lundmark anyway!

Sorry, I couldnt resist...

Old
03-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzlax99
Come now he didn't look that weak on this skates...no more than Lundmark anyway!
Lundmark....

The guy looks slow AND weak. At least Balej has some speed

Ever notice noone will say Lundmark has a short coming? There is ALWAYS something.

After that empty netter he shoulda had in the last game I heard someone blame that on the coaches lack of confidence in him. You know what? Maybe he'll get some confidence from the coaches once he buries it. Ortmeyer is making Lundmark look like an amateur.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:51 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I know these ideas are fun and all but they drive me nuts. There will be new veterens here eventually and there will be plenty of young prospects that we have now and will get soon through the draft that just plain won't make it in the NHL. I gaurantee you that anything we come up with here won't be anything like what we see in the future. Five years from now I wouldn't be totally surprised if only two or three of the guys we got out of all these trade deadline deals (including players we pick with the draft picks that came our way) are actually on our team. There will be more busts than success stories.

Old
03-11-2004, 01:08 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

somehow i see a murray-helmenin-ortmeyer line in the midst of my joy.
the deli line (since we don't exactly have a lot of lunch pails in new york city)

dawes-umberger-jessimen
lundmark-moore-balej (either one of lundmark or moore should learn LW)

and then ovechkin-holik-jagr
who ever plays best gets the most ice time!

betts and dlac as extras?

poti-rachunek
tyutin-kondratiev
lampman-barker

purinton as extra if he's still around.

blackburn, lundqvist

Old
03-11-2004, 01:43 AM
in the hall

Dawes Holik Jagr
Ovechkin Umberger Jessiman
Jonasen Lundmark Balej
Ortmeyer Betts Murray

Rachunek Lampman
Tjutin Kondratiev

Blackburn

Old
03-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Fitzlax99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Lundmark....

The guy looks slow AND weak. At least Balej has some speed

Ever notice noone will say Lundmark has a short coming? There is ALWAYS something.

After that empty netter he shoulda had in the last game I heard someone blame that on the coaches lack of confidence in him. You know what? Maybe he'll get some confidence from the coaches once he buries it. Ortmeyer is making Lundmark look like an amateur.
Lundmark has replaced Manny as the symbol of all that is wrong with the Rangers. People want him to succeed, no matter what. Now as a Ranger fan I want the kid to become a solid player, but I have my doubts, just like I had my doubts about Manny. God you should have heard some of the debates on the old ESPN board.

Personally I think after a full year of top 3 line play we will finally get to see what we have in him. If he succeeds, great. If he doesnt, will people accept that? Probably not.

My lines:

?????-Umberger-Jagr
Murray-Lundmark-Balej
LaCouture-Holik-Barnaby
Wiseman-Moore-Ortmeyer

-resign Barnaby
-refill every other position with youth. Umberger on the first line is a but of a stretch on my part, but you get the picture

1) Take Holik off Jagrs line, and put him against the other teams top line. Get a coach who can play smart hockey and let him do his thing.

2) Let the kids play with Jagr. One of the most nasty offensive players in NHL history, if will be one hell of a learning experience. I would love to see a guy like Balej play with him, maybe he could switch wings...

3) Give Lundmark his chance on one of the top 3 lines.

4) Roll 4 lines as much as possible.

Its not pretty, but I dont really expect us to compete next year. My main concern is that we develop a team thats hungry and wants to win. I want our future grinders learning from Holik, and I want our future scorers learning from Jagr.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

First of all

with six picks in the top fifty on draft day, we have no idea what Sather/Maloney will do. Could they trade up for Ovechkin? Perhaps. Do they moves some of the other to get up into the top ten? Another possiblilty. Do they move Poti and/or Lundmark on draft day? What prospects emerge and which ones stall in development? What will the collective bargaining look like? Will younger players like Nash or Kovalchuk be able to reach free agency earlier? What team has to trade a young star due to finances? Too many questions. Afterall, four years ago, people had Lundmark and Brendl leading or first line in just these type of projections. What I do believe is that at least five of the players, and possibly six, will have a very good chance to make next year's team - Balej, Betts, Kondratiev Rachunek and Umberger, and possibly Grenier. And, Murray and Lampman are fair bets to make the team, also.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Oh good... You don't seem to want Jarkko Immonen in your line up so he is free to play with our team. Thank god, we thought our MVP and first line center is going to the Rangers' roster.

Old
03-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Petemo

i want the guy, if i wasnt running out the door, id post some lines with him in there, i see the kid coming here and succeeding.

Old
03-11-2004, 07:10 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

So give us some insight on Mr. Immonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Oh good... You don't seem to want Jarkko Immonen in your line up so he is free to play with our team. Thank god, we thought our MVP and first line center is going to the Rangers' roster.
It would appear that you think highly of him.

Old
03-11-2004, 07:21 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Where's Messier?

Old
03-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzlax99
Lundmark has replaced Manny as the symbol of all that is wrong with the Rangers. People want him to succeed, no matter what. Now as a Ranger fan I want the kid to become a solid player, but I have my doubts, just like I had my doubts about Manny. God you should have heard some of the debates on the old ESPN board.
A symbol of all that's wrong with Ranger fans..

Like Manny if the kid doesn't put up big numbers in mop up time of a lost season, (a season in which he's had knee surgery), then he must be shown the door..

If a little more patience was shown with Manny, then we'd have one more young character guy with speed and size on the 3rd/4th lines, and I think a little more patience needs to be shown with Lundmark.

Obviously he already knows how to adapt his game to be more valuable to a team. there's a reason he went from being an offensive minded prospect to a big part of the penalty kill, because he worked hard at it..

He's far from untouchable, and I wouldn't throw a fit if he was traded for a similiar aged prospect, but to call him a bust now is exhibit A of how many Ranger fans are far too impatient with younger players still developing..

Closed Thread