HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Katsitsyn's style

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
tnq

vCash: 500
Katsitsyn's style

is like which player ?

Old
03-10-2004, 07:57 PM
arsobro

Reports says he has a style like Alexander Mogilny. He has good puck-handling at high speed with a very good shot

Old
03-10-2004, 08:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
is like which player ?

He's a highly skilled offensive talent. He skates very good, is fast with good acceleration, and has a heavy shot with a quick release. To me in the 2 games I've seen of him, he comes alive when he gets the puck in the offenisve zone. On the downside, he floats in the netural zone and seems to have no clue how to play positional hockey in his own end.

One thing I liked about him was one game where he got hit hard into the boards, he came back and drilled his man with a big time crunch. He got sent to the box but the team was losing 6-2 late in the game, and as a rookie that sent a message to me that he won't take crap or that he doesn't like to be hit hard into the boards.

Old
03-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Les Zarbites

montreal were the games you saw with CSKA or with their junior team ?

Old
03-10-2004, 08:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
montreal were the games you saw with CSKA or with their junior team ?

CSKA. One was against Malkin ('04 prospect) still don't know who the other team is other then they wear green. My Russian stinks, but I'll figure it out. CSKA lost both games, and the best player in both games was jackets prospect Moyzakin who scored 2 unreal goals.

Old
03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Freebooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He's a highly skilled offensive talent. He skates very good, is fast with good acceleration, and has a heavy shot with a quick release. To me in the 2 games I've seen of him, he comes alive when he gets the puck in the offenisve zone. On the downside, he floats in the netural zone and seems to have no clue how to play positional hockey in his own end.

One thing I liked about him was one game where he got hit hard into the boards, he came back and drilled his man with a big time crunch. He got sent to the box but the team was losing 6-2 late in the game, and as a rookie that sent a message to me that he won't take crap or that he doesn't like to be hit hard into the boards.

FWIW, a friend who is an agent for a number of NHL and various European league players says Kast's style is very similar to Marian Gaborik.

Old
03-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
CSKA. One was against Malkin ('04 prospect) still don't know who the other team is other then they wear green. My Russian stinks, but I'll figure it out. CSKA lost both games, and the best player in both games was jackets prospect Moyzakin who scored 2 unreal goals.
Thanx. I wish I could watch games of Kastsitsyn with his junior team. I guess they aren't even shown on russian TV though.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
tnq

Thx Montreal for inputs. Keep posting bro

Old
03-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Mr.Brownov*

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Brownov*
If not for his history of having a seizure,many scouts believe this kid would have been taken first overall in last year's entry draft.Even over Nik Zherdev.

Old
03-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Darz

Didn't I hear him once compare to Kovalev?????

..or am I thinking of someone else.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Mr.Brownov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

IMO he should be along those lines of comparison.Well i'll put it to you this way,he has more offensive talent than Nik Zherdev.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

I doubt it, he doesnt have the size. Kovalev can handle 3 guys on his back while making unreal plays, all I,ve read about Kastitsyn is that he needs more bulk.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I doubt it, he doesnt have the size. Kovalev can handle 3 guys on his back while making unreal plays, all I,ve read about Kastitsyn is that he needs more bulk.
I think Kastitsyn has the frame, he just needs to fill out.

I have heard he is the type who will make a play with defenders all over him.

Old
03-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Corey

Quote:

How would you compare his style to that of Balej?

Old
03-11-2004, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
How would you compare his style to that of Balej?

Balej's faster but they have a simliar shot and perhaps Balej is more flashy as he has some sick moves, but both can handle the puck at high speed. Neither are that good in their own end, but Balej (who's 3 years older) has shown a lot of improvement in his own end, whereas Kasty reminds me of Ribeiro when he was 19-22 as Ribs just looked lost in his own end.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku

I don't see his size as a problem. In the RSL he looks big compared to the other players, however in the NHL that will be a different story. But he just turned 19, so he has time to grow.

To me he needs a lot of work in his own end and the biggest problem I saw is that he would float in the netural zone big time.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Balej's faster but they have a simliar shot and perhaps Balej is more flashy as he has some sick moves, but both can handle the puck at high speed. Neither are that good in their own end, but Balej (who's 3 years older) has shown a lot of improvement in his own end, whereas Kasty reminds me of Ribeiro when he was 19-22 as Ribs just looked lost in his own end.
With your description Balej looks better than AK...

Old
03-11-2004, 12:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
With your description Balej looks better than AK...

Well Balej's had 3 more years of development. Kastsistyn in 3 years from now we'll see how much he's improved.

Old
03-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Flozell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brownov
If not for his history of having a seizure,many scouts believe this kid would have been taken first overall in last year's entry draft.Even over Nik Zherdev.
I heard this a million times and I don't believe it anymore...If the seizures effected his performance and production leading up to the draft than maybe you have a case but we've all heard it wasn't a problem.

Old
03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Mr.Brownov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_T
I heard this a million times and I don't believe it anymore...If the seizures effected his performance and production leading up to the draft than maybe you have a case but we've all heard it wasn't a problem.
It didn't affect anything as a matter of fact,i'm not arguing with you there.It was the brass of the top teams that were worried he would suffer from a consistent syndrome.Which had him slide to 10th overall I believe.Mtl made a smart decision in taking this kid.And I am a strong believer that he has more talent than Balej.Hey Habs!Don't forget about Perezhogin.WooHoo.The future will be bright!

Old
03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Montreal - In your opinion, who would you say is the better prospect, who would you rather have in the Habs farm system...Malkin or Kastistryn?

Old
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
habdicted

Quote:
Well Balej's had 3 more years of development. Kastsistyn in 3 years from now we'll see how much he's improved.
So what your saying is that kastitsyn's upside is hopefully a joseph balej??
Because if this is the case we were really stupid to trade away balej for kovalev or katstitsyn's upside is not that great.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Montreal - In your opinion, who would you say is the better prospect, who would you rather have in the Habs farm system...Malkin or Kastistryn?

Kastsitsyn. I've only seen Malkin once in the RSL, so I have very little to off though.

Old
03-11-2004, 03:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdicted
So what your saying is that kastitsyn's upside is hopefully a joseph balej??
Because if this is the case we were really stupid to trade away balej for kovalev or katstitsyn's upside is not that great.

no I didn't say that, I said that Balej has had 3 more years to develop his game then Kasty. Balej is a goal scorer that was weak in his own end, but has improved on that area. Kasty is a pure offensive player that needs improvement in his own end but hasn't had years to work on it.

Kasty in the 2 games I've seen of him is the most skilled offensive prospect I've seen in the Habs organization over the last few years, and I've seen just about all of them at one point or another.

Closed Thread