HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: NYR-LAK big one

Old
02-18-2009, 08:16 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Proposal: NYR-LAK big one

Rangers get:

Frolov ($2.9 mil) signed through next year
Jack Johnson ($2.15 mil) RFA after this season
Bernier ($845k) signed for next two season then becomes RFA
1st Round pick

Kings get:

Lundy ($6.875 mil) signed through 2013-2014
prucha ($1.6 mil) RFA at season's end (just b/c we need to clear another contract)

Reasoning -

We clear some cap room. We improve our scoring by getting Frolov. Plus think of having Frolov on one line and Grachev on another line in a couple years. We improve our defense w/ Jack Johnson. And we get a great goaltending prospect in Bernier who will be NHL ready next year. I think b/c we would score more, and our defense would improve that we could actually become a better team even though our goalie wouldn't be as good.

Would people do this? Just curious.

Last edited by DontStepanMe: 02-18-2009 at 09:41 AM.
DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

sorry but that proposal is koo koo banana nuts

Trade our only Elite player? The King?

OK I'll play along. Henke goes to LA, I ABSOLUTELY want Dustin Brown coming back in the deal

02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

The goaltender is the most important position on the ice, and its the one thing the Rangers have right now. You think things are bad now? Wait and see if we ever had the unfortunate instance where Valiquette was the primary netminder.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Prospalous

oh yeah, great idea!

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:22 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Your nuts... sorry but that proposal is koo koo banana nuts

Trade our only Elite player? The King?
creativity sometimes is better. We get our goal scorer, add size, get what should be a very good goaltender and another first round pick.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
SaveByLundqvist

Yeah! lets get rid of our biggest strength sorry man this trade is poor

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
ROFL House Hashbrowns that makes no sense at all.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:25 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The goaltender is the most important position on the ice, and its the one thing the Rangers have right now. You think things are bad now? Wait and see if we ever had the unfortunate instance where Valiquette was the primary netminder.
tell that to Detroit who won a cup w/ Osgood, and is poised to win another one w/ Ty Conklin. Tell that to Pittsburgh who got the the finals w/ MAF and Conklin. tell that to the Devils who are doing amazing w/ Clemmer. Tell that to Carolina who made the finals w/ cam ward. Tell that to the Oilers who made the Cup w/ Roloson.

It is much much more important to field a good team in front of your goalie than the goalie itself. You can always make a goalie look better or worse than he is. If you can field a strong team in front of a goalie, than you will mask his inefficiencies.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:28 AM
EJS280

Not sure on this particular one, but is the goalie really the most important position in todays NHL? I really don't think so. If a team can put in 4-6 goals on any given night, you can win with just about any goalie, and Bernier is going to be good. I love Hank, trust me, but even if you can get decent goaltending with great offense you will win today. Clemmenson is no Marty Brodeur, but it doesn't matter with the way NJ is playing. Tim Thomas looks like the man out there, throw him on the Rangers and he would be giving up 6 goals a night (I live in Boston and Bruins fans will admit that, I know). I would be more opt to giving Hank up for some real elite talent like Kovalchuk and a goalie prospect for Hank or something.

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
DM23BK30

Frolov is a UFA after next season, Johnson is coming off a major injury and Bernier has proven squat....that 1st round pick better be this season's...

If We are trading lundqvist, I want Ersberg or Quick instead of Bernier, Doughty not Johnson and Brown not Frolov

Ersberg/Quick, Doughty, Brown and their 2010 1st for Lundqvist

I would do that in a second.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:33 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Bernier didnt make the Kings squad this season

Frolov is good but not Elite

Johnson would be nice but...

the 1st ROUNDER in the hands of Sather?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
tell that to Detroit who won a cup w/ Osgood, and is poised to win another one w/ Ty Conklin. Tell that to Pittsburgh who got the the finals w/ MAF and Conklin. tell that to the Devils who are doing amazing w/ Clemmer. Tell that to Carolina who made the finals w/ cam ward. Tell that to the Oilers who made the Cup w/ Roloson.

It is much much more important to field a good team in front of your goalie than the goalie itself. You can always make a goalie look better or worse than he is. If you can field a strong team in front of a goalie, than you will mask his inefficiencies.
Look at the talent on those teams you listed. In your deal, we are getting back Alexander Frolov. If it was Kopitar, maybe Id think about it for a second and still say no.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Frolov is a UFA after next season, Johnson is coming off a major injury and Bernier has proven squat....that 1st round pick better be this season's...

If We are trading lundqvist, I want Ersberg or Quick instead of Bernier, Doughty not Johnson and Brown not Frolov

Ersberg/Quick, Doughty, Brown and their 2010 1st for Lundqvist

I would do that in a second.
yeah and not a shot in hell that LA kings would.

Actually I posted this same trade on the main proposal board and the kings fans think they are giving up to much.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS280 View Post
Not sure on this particular one, but is the goalie really the most important position in todays NHL? I really don't think so. If a team can put in 4-6 goals on any given night, you can win with just about any goalie, and Bernier is going to be good. I love Hank, trust me, but even if you can get decent goaltending with great offense you will win today. Clemmenson is no Marty Brodeur, but it doesn't matter with the way NJ is playing. Tim Thomas looks like the man out there, throw him on the Rangers and he would be giving up 6 goals a night (I live in Boston and Bruins fans will admit that, I know). I would be more opt to giving Hank up for some real elite talent like Kovalchuk and a goalie prospect for Hank or something.
Look, you can cherrypick certain instances out of the air until your blue in the face. Its really amazing what the Devils are doing with Clemmenson in net...but if you dont think the goaltender is the most important player on 90% of NHL teams, then I dont know what to tell you.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:37 AM
geisenNYR

If Lundqvist goes to LA Brown or Kopitar or Doughty have to be coming to NY. They are the only players on the Kings roster that can compare to Hank. Doughty has offensive potential and would be the perfect partner for Staal.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS280 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statis...e=2&league=nhl

Heres how many NHL teams average 4-6 goals on a nightly basis. Zero.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Look, you can cherrypick certain instances out of the air until your blue in the face. Its really amazing what the Devils are doing with Clemmenson in net...but if you dont think the goaltender is the most important player on 90% of NHL teams, then I dont know what to tell you.
but look at it this way.... How many cups has Luongo and Nabakov combined to win.

Wanna know why they haven't won a cup. They never had the teams that are good enough in front to get the win. I think in the new NHL the goalie while still very very important, doesn't need to be elite to win a cup anymore, and can't be overpaid. Bernier will become a very good goalie. Not as good as Lundy probably but good. If you put a good team in front of him he will look even better. It's a different approach than the old days but in the cap NHL it might actually be the way to go.

Look at the last three SC finals. There wasn't one ELITE goalie in them. Giguere was the closest thing to it, and I think the team in front of him made him look better than he actually is.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
but look at it this way.... How many cups has Luongo and Nabakov combined to win.

Wanna know why they haven't won a cup. They never had the teams that are good enough in front to get the win. I think in the new NHL the goalie while still very very important, doesn't need to be elite to win a cup anymore, and can't be overpaid. Bernier will become a very good goalie. Not as good as Lundy probably but good. If you put a good team in front of him he will look even better. It's a different approach than the old days but in the cap NHL it might actually be the way to go.

Look at the last three SC finals. There wasn't one ELITE goalie in them. Giguere was the closest thing to it, and I think the team in front of him made him look better than he actually is.
No ****. Again, lets go back to your deal where we are getting no elite talent back. Is Alex Frolov really going to make the Rangers a top caliber team? Thats absurd.

Im not saying I wouldnt trade Lundqvist, but you better make sure an elite player is coming back to help this team.

Alex Frolov. C'mon.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Rangers get:

Frolov ($2.9 mil) signed through next year
Jack Johnson ($2.15 mil) RFA after this season
Bernier ($845k) signed for next two season then becomes RFA
1st Round pick

Kings get:

Lundy ($6.875 mil) signed through 20013-20014
prucha ($1.6 mil) RFA at season's end (just b/c we need to clear another contract)

Reasoning -

We clear some cap room. We improve our scoring by getting Frolov. Plus think of having Frolov on one line and Grachev on another line in a couple years. We improve our defense w/ Jack Johnson. And we get a great goaltending prospect in Bernier who will be NHL ready next year. I think b/c we would score more, and our defense would improve that we could actually become a better team even though our goalie wouldn't be as good.

Would people do this? Just curious.
I appreciate your attempt to think outside the box.

But this move just creates a big hole. And I'm not dealing the team's best player just to clear cap space.

02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
D713B

If you can't put a solid team in front of the net minder it doesn't really matter whose between the pipes. You can go 20 names deep in the GAA and Save % leaders before you find a "marquee" name that you would consider a franchise goaltender. Basically the idea that a goal tender is your most important position on an NHL team is overrated. I'm not saying it's unimportant to have a solid goalie, just saying the idea that a franchise goalie is more important than franchise forward is something I don't agree with.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:50 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
No ****. Again, lets go back to your deal where we are getting no elite talent back. Is Alex Frolov really going to make the Rangers a top caliber team? Thats absurd.

Im not saying I wouldnt trade Lundqvist, but you better make sure an elite player is coming back to help this team.

Alex Frolov. C'mon.
jack Johnson has the ability to become an Elite D-Man. Frolov is already a real good player, and will only get better. Bernier will become a really good goalie. Plus a first round pick in this years draft.

That is alot that the Kings are giving up.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
jack Johnson has the ability to become an Elite D-Man. Frolov is already a real good player, and will only get better. Bernier will become a really good goalie. Plus a first round pick in this years draft.

That is alot that the Kings are giving up.
Has the ability....will be good....1st round pick.

You dont trade your franchise for a good player and a couple of question marks.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

I would never want to see Lundy go, but I would think if he were going to LA it would HAVE to involve Kopitar, Frolov and Jack Johnson? We could do a lot better for a consistent vezina contender...

That being said, I hope he doesn't go anywhere, Long Live the King!

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
You dont trade your franchise for a good player and a couple of question marks.
Devils advocate: tell that to the Boston Bruins.

Look, I don't make that trade but it's a nice, refreshing outside the box idea.

At the very least it didn't involve a package that consisted of Prucha, Voros and a 2nd.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Sidgeni Malkby

Hard to replace a franchise goalie.

Brodeur never was traded.
Roy was traded, and Montreal regretted it. Not to mention it had become a coach player ego war.
Lundy is the cornerstone for the next 8 years or so.

I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Sidgeni Malkby is offline   Reply With Quote