HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Wed Feb 18 2009 Habs vs Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Erythro73

vCash: 500
Funny how without Kovalev we're a better team now. By reading some people here, it seems like we're cup contender... Andrei will magically become a superstar of 50 goals and Plekanec will suddenly be able to be... good instead of desastrous?

I can't believe they wait so long : without our best forward (since Lang is injured), we are cup contender! Nice!

__________________________________________________ _____________________

I'll be cheering for Capitals, tonight. Not for the habs. I'm losing interest in watching the Habs if Kovy isn't there. They will be boring as hell, tonight. Hope they lose big times one or two games to realize that the problem is much deeper.

At least, Ovechkin is an exciting player to watch.

Maybe they'll win tonight because of the effect, but I don't predict the end of this miserable period.

I wonder what will happen when other team's best defencemen will start playing against the first two lines. Ouch...

Old
02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Well, he's not that slow he won a couple of races for the puck since he returned. And he's way more useful than Sti d'Vagin.
ah come on man, that cheap shot is way too low....i feel for begin after that

(but its a good one though)

Old
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythro73 View Post
Funny how without Kovalev we're a better team now. By reading some people here, it seems like we're cup contender... Andrei will magically become a superstar of 50 goals and Plekanec will suddenly be able to be... good instead of desastrous?

I can't believe they wait so long : without our best forward (since Lang is injured), we are cup contender! Nice!

I'll be cheering for Capitals, tonight. Not for the habs. I'm losing interest in watching the Habs if Kovy isn't there. They will be boring as hell, tonight. Hope they lose big times one or two games to realize that the problem is much deeper.

Maybe they'll win tonight because of the effect, but I don't predict the end of this miserable period.

I wonder what will happen when other team's best defencemen will start playing against the first two lines. Ouch...
i think youre exagerating everything, people here are being optimistic because of the changes being made but NO ONE said were becoming a cup contender and that akost will score 50.

you wanna go cheer for the caps then i say good riddance to bad rubbish!!

Old
02-18-2009, 03:35 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:

Maybe you are just speaking off emotion and come game time you will cheer for the habs.

If not, I absolutely hate "fans" (if i can even call you that) like this. I bet you only became a "fan" last year..

Jump off the bandwagon, good riddance, never come back and go watch replays of the All-Star game.

Old
02-18-2009, 03:36 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:

A real fan sticks with his team through thick and thin, if not he's just a bandwagoner. Cheer for the crest on the front, not the name on the back.

Old
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
habsrock60

Quote:

So your saying your a Kovalev fan? Are you the damned

Old
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Erythro73

I liked the team before, well before Kovalev was part of the team. I remember seeing players like Zarley Zalapsky, Oleg Petrov, Jonas Hoglund and the likes. I was a fan since long before, even through the dark ages of Ronald Corey, but I was always somehow displeased that the Habs didn't have any "really talented" players like Kovalev. I've seen Koivu played a long time, but... well, even if he had heart, he never was a really gifted player. He couldn't bring his linemates to be as good as Kovalev did with Akost and Plekanec, last year.

Then, we had one. I remember clearly that one game were he lead the team to victory against the mighty Senators, after scoring two goals in regular team and scored again in the shootout, after Dagenais scored (shot in the same place as Dagenais, on the right side of Hasek).

He's very exciting to see. Much more than any other player. He has the talent to lead the team to victory all by himself. This is a thing that Koivu can't do, even with all his heart.

But I like Koivu too, don't misunderstand me.

And I think we didn't treat Kovalev correctly, this year. Kovalev is like Koivu, some years ago. People likes to hate him. That's just the way it is. Media coverages of our players suck very much. At least, while Kovalev is here, people stopped complaining about Koivu as much as some years ago.

Probably just the emotions speaking. I'll probably stay and be a habs fan again in a few games if he is traded, or sooner if he comes back. Right now, I'm pissed at the organisation (Carbo's coaching and Gainey's management).

Closed Thread