HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Summer Hockey Leagues in Ottawa

Old
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Laoghaire

vCash: 500
Summer Hockey Leagues in Ottawa

So I am looking for a league to play in during the summer. The requirements of the league are: the people in the league need to suck about as much as I do (a lot) and it needs to be cheap. I figured there must be some people on here who would know some leagues I would never have found on my own.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Big Tuna

I play in the OSMHL, which has various levels of play. If you sign up for the lowest tier, there are certainly some players that aren't the greatest. You can even register as an individual and you'll be placed on a team. The cost is in the neighbour of $350 for the season. I doubt you can find anything much below that.

OSMHL.com

Big Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Dick Whitman

We're a pretty crappy team that will be playing in the Traveller's summer league. Not sure what the cost will be. Probably close to 400.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
upperhouse

I play in the travellers league. It is not super cheap, but it really is a superior league. Their season is very well run, their website is updated daily and the ice times are generally very good. No Saturday games in the summer is huge.

Lots of divisions as well, so you will probably be able to find some folks around your level. I play in a moderately high division and there are still some pretty lousy players, myself included. The difference is that there are less of them.

upperhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Ricky Bobby

Travellers League is probably your best bet but it isn't the cheapest but is well worth the extra cash cause of the number of divisions make it so practically every game is competitive. Games can be any day of the week but generally the schedule is fair so your team doesn't get stuck with all the late games or all the early games, etc.

ottawarechockey.com has a bunch of pick up hockey times slots throughout the city that random individuals can join in on. It is a really well organized pick up if you ended up deciding you would rather go with that style of hockey.

The Carleton University League which is open to members of the community is quite good as well. There isn't as many divisions and there bottom division is higher then the bottom few travellers divisions. So it depends on your definition of how much good/not good that you are. I like this league in the summer cause all the games are Monday to Thursday evening time slots so it doesn't tie up weekends.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 04:56 PM
PhysicalTorque

I'll be there, I like to learn from everything, so you know... Play!

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote