HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Petr Prucha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
  #76
trademasterb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris View Post
He's too good to be sitting in the press box every night. I'd hate to see him go as a Ranger fan, but he's worth something to some team out there. I'd also be willing to package him in with anybody on the rangers (with the exception of Lundqvist) if it gets us a pretty good deal.
You're dealing with a bunch of anti-NY haters here who can't ever be objective. It's really a waste of time asking their opinion on any NY player. Just wait until Sather rips of another GM in a trade and then see them complain about it.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
  #77
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
I don't think Prucha has much value right now, but his abilities and reasons for the low value are grossly underrated here. He's not being benched because he is not good, Renney just takes issue with him, and prefers Voros over him. He has no value because he hasn't had much of a chance to proves anything recently, his skill isn't holding him back.
If I'm Tom Renney and I think that Prucha is"good" as you say then I have to play him whether I have issues with him or not. Renney is on tenuous ground and has to win games. He isn't playing Voros over Prucha because of "issues", he's playing Voros because he think he will do more to help him win.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
  #78
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
To any team outside the Atlantic division: A 4th or 5th round pick.

To any team inside the Atlantic division: A 1st round pick.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
  #79
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod1986 View Post
If I'm The Penguins the Rangers could pick from....



-Miroslav Satan

-Mark Eaton

-4th rounder in 2010




Ranger fans?
You could go to hell because you're the Penguins is what I tell them.

It would cost you a first as the Penguins to get him as he fills the exact need of a team competing with the Rangers for a playoff spot.

Sather would rather hold onto him and let him walk as a RFA than give him to you for anything of value unless it's a very large overpayment.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
  #80
vyktor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
vyktor, if i was sather and it really didnt look like we were going to bring him back next season then i would try and see what kind of pick we can get for him. i would do a conditional pick if anything. where if he scores x amount of goals we get a 2nd rounder. if he scores x amount of goals we get a 3rd rounder. and so on and so forth
I'm not sure I've ever seen a conditional pick structured that way, but sounds like a good idea, kinda lowers the risk from both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
As a Coyotes fan, I'd pick him up for a mid round pick and then try to make a deal with Pittsburgh for Goligoski built around Prucha as it seems the Penguin fans would love Prucha playing with Crosby or Malkin.

I can definitely see something being worked out there!!!
I could see some sort of 3 way deal happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You could go to hell because you're the Penguins is what I tell them.

It would cost you a first as the Penguins to get him as he fills the exact need of a team competing with the Rangers for a playoff spot.

Sather would rather hold onto him and let him walk as a RFA than give him to you for anything of value unless it's a very large overpayment.
But if he let's him walk as an RFA then we could still get him then you get nothing, at least if we give you a pick that's one less pick we have.

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
  #81
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
Problem is that the Rangers won't resign him at the end of the year, he's an RFA, and I'm not sure where he would go and what our compensation would be.
On the bright side Prucha will be eligible for a two-way qualifying offer.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
  #82
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktor View Post
But if he let's him walk as an RFA then we could still get him then you get nothing, at least if we give you a pick that's one less pick we have.
That's fine. You are battling with us right now and I'm sure there will be many more options than only Petr Prucha in the offseason for the Pens.

A first or **** off, if I'm Sather and Shero calls.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
  #83
NYRSinceBirth
Registered User
 
NYRSinceBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
If I'm Tom Renney and I think that Prucha is"good" as you say then I have to play him whether I have issues with him or not. Renney is on tenuous ground and has to win games. He isn't playing Voros over Prucha because of "issues", he's playing Voros because he think he will do more to help him win.
Ok, when you watch the next few games (I'm sure you've watched as many as any diligent Rangers fan has), please tell me what Voros brings that Prucha couldn't. Renney boils it down to size, but that theory hold little water when Dawes plays over him, or even last season when there was no Voros.

Voros had a hot streak in the beginning of the season but has done squat, even with his size, since. At least when Prucha declined a conditioning stint in Hartford he scored in his first game back (the decline was most likely because he's the most in shape on the team by a fair margin).

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
  #84
Richter35
Registered User
 
Richter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Is there anyway the rangers could get goligoski out of Pitt in a deal involving prucha or dawes? What would pens fans feel is fair?

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
  #85
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Prucha's a player I hope the Canucks have interest in. Specifically, to fill a niche on the first PP unit with the Sedins. Or even to play with the Sedins in general. He's a low risk option to try at that position.


Is it expecting too much of him to rebound? More than likely, as Prucha's recent track record has not helped his stock. Reasons aside, his trade value is low as a result.


Normally, I'd say a player like him is waiver-bound, but it's the compete level in his game that makes me think he would be picked up very quickly. I may be wrong, but unlike a Jussi Jokinen, Prucha insists on contact in his game - much to his detriment because at times he gets absolutely crushed on the ice due to his style.


Still, I admire the will he shows when he does play, so I hope the Canucks are interested. Perhaps a swap of Rob Davison for Petr Prucha is satisfactory? Davison is an adequate #6-#7 dman that brings physicality and fighting to the line-up. If Voros is losing fights for you guys, then perhaps a guy like Davison can allow the NYR forwards to play a bit bigger than they normally would? Could help both teams.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.