HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Gainey says it all

Old
02-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Bob Gainey says it all

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...key/Gainey.MP3

or http://habsinsideout.com/ and click the Gainey audio.

If everyone listens to Bobs interview carefully, you will get all your answers about everything happening right now.

Very good interview bob. who usually says very little through his well chosen words. LOL

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Habs

You know what is strange about this whole mess? Kovalev was leading the troops pretty well when Koivu was out, the team was on a good run.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...key/Gainey.MP3

or http://habsinsideout.com/ and click the Gainey audio.

If everyone listens to Bobs interview carefully, you will get all your answers about everything happening right now.

Very good interview bob. who usually says very little through his well chosen words. LOL
I agree. His response to trading Kovy made it clear that he would be open to talks, and that Kovy is more than available. Thats what I love about Gainey, hes very direct. Well I have a hunch these next two days will be interesting.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:23 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You know what is strange about this whole mess? Kovalev was leading the troops pretty well when Koivu was out, the team was on a good run.
no he wasn't lang gorges halak maybe andrei K were, but NOT kovy

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
no he wasn't lang gorges halak maybe andrei K were, but NOT kovy
He wore the "C" quite well, prior to the ASG.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
HotHabsFan*

i still think if it was just to send a message you would have him sit out a couple of games yet he would practise with the team. asking him to go home is basically telling him he is done here and is no longer welcome around the team.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

I think he'll be given one last chance once the team returns from the 2 game road trip to see if he can get his **** together. If not, it's GTFO for Alex

Mise en echec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I agree. His response to trading Kovy made it clear that he would be open to talks, and that Kovy is more than available. Thats what I love about Gainey, hes very direct. Well I have a hunch these next two days will be interesting.
I liked to hear him say that he looked at the players in Hamilton and ask himself who could help us? and identify the right player's as he said the next few weeks will see some movement up and down,and then identify who needed to go down. He also described what things help him make his decisions, like cap space, who can go down with no strings, etc.

all in all a very good interview. He touched on other things too.

Just too lazy to state them all. anyway, you all should listen to it very carefully anyway. call it good for the future of posts here. call it a good learning experience. just do it!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i still think if it was just to send a message you would have him sit out a couple of games yet he would practise with the team. asking him to go home is basically telling him he is done here and is no longer welcome around the team.

i don't agree,

bob clearly says that the team is tired from the crazy road trip and travel and that he wanted kovalev to go home and rest his body and mind.

I agree with bob, alex needs to go home and watch some video and reflect.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:41 PM
HabsSlappy

That was the most informative interview with Gainey that I have ever heard.

It sounds like he is going to be trying to make some moves to make this team better. over the next two weeks.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Stradale

Maybe Gainey realize that he put to much pressure on Kovalev by expecting Koivu and Kovalev to do almost everything at their age. People doesnt seem to realize that Kovalev is getting old, even if he is still have good hands but the fact that Kovalev is a very proud person, he cannot admits that he is getting old and still think he is still young and he can deke and fool a defenseman like he did before.

I might the only the one here, but i do not believe that Kovalev is a lazy player or heartless. I heard on Martin Mcguire said that Kovalev is often the last player to leave the ice in practice.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
axman88

Hypothesis:

Gainey said that he made the schneider trade and will now take the next two weeks to re-evaluate the team and if a trade needs to be made so be it.

Then what does he do? The next day he tells Kovalev to take a rest.

I believe Gainey wants to evaluate the team's play without Kovalev because he has a possible trade in place for Gaborik (who is still injured and may not be available until the playoffs).

If the next 2-3 games the habs play well then I believe Gainey will pull the trigger.

Just a hypothesis.

Though in reality, I like the fact that Gainey is giving him off..it'll get his mind off everything and hopefully rejuvenate him. They should also probably do the same to Carey Price as he is a younger player and is not used to playing so many games.

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty set GO View Post
I think he'll be given one last chance once the team returns from the 2 game road trip to see if he can get his **** together. If not, it's GTFO for Alex
The best thing that could happen is that Kovalev takes the time to watch videos of himself this year compare to last, looks at the schedule, gets his act together and comes back to last year form...

But, what are the odds?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
i don't agree,

bob clearly says that the team is tired from the crazy road trip and travel and that he wanted kovalev to go home and rest his body and mind.

I agree with bob, alex needs to go home and watch some video and reflect.
dont take this wrong i am not laughing at you. but since when does a hockey player need to go home like a child to rest. i am not buying it, he and Carbo have the differences and BG stepped in and took care of the problem knowing he isn't going to get rid of GC. i believe he has a pretty big ego and will ask to be traded.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Maybe Gainey realize that he put to much pressure on Kovalev by expecting Koivu and Kovalev to do almost everything at their age. People doesnt seem to realize that Kovalev is getting old, even if he is still have good hands but the fact that Kovalev is a very proud person, he cannot admits that he is getting old and still think he is still young and he can deke and fool a defenseman like he did before.

I might the only the one here, but i do not believe that Kovalev is a lazy player or heartless. I heard on Martin Mcguire said that Kovalev is often the last player to leave the ice in practice.
Are you serious?

He is 35, not 55!

If a guy of Kovalev's stature and calibre can't handle pressure, he doesn't deserve the salary given to him.

Kovy is done. These 2 games are very important to us, Eastern opponents and we could be in 8th with 2 losses and by keeping a guy like Kovy away it speaks volumes right now.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
totalrecall

very simple, BG had to make a choice between Carbo and Kovy. He chose Carbo, because they are friends

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:08 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
very simple, BG had to make a choice between Carbo and Kovy. He chose Carbo, because they are friends
It has more to do with team than friendship.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
this time, the coach won over the star player

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

I do not think anyone arround here thinks he is lazy, or at least I hope not. Perhaps it his refusal to follow the game plan, his refusal to shoot. Last year he had a great season but his way of playing by trying to constantly play where it is easy to play started in the playoff last year.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:45 PM
odishabs

To me it is very simple since KOVALEV has been here it has been a rollercoaster. I dont think its that he'snot trying he just thinks he's better than he is..and tries the same move over and over again. I dont know how many times ive seen him stop just inside the blueline and get hit. I'm not saying IF you trade Kovalev all goes well im jus saying if you take out an inconsistant playe4r it can only make a team stronger.

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
MrNasty

Anyone that thinks Kovalev is a better leader needs their head examined. A leader doesn't coast through games and quit trying. it was clear he had no interest in winning the last 2 weeks. A leader doesn't let his lackluster effort rub off on other guys.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Are you serious?

He is 35, not 55!

If a guy of Kovalev's stature and calibre can't handle pressure, he doesn't deserve the salary given to him.

Kovy is done. These 2 games are very important to us, Eastern opponents and we could be in 8th with 2 losses and by keeping a guy like Kovy away it speaks volumes right now.
When someone feels pressure it's because he cares and it's not about money. I dont know how this is so hard for people to understand. The people who dont feel pressure are people who dont care or who are oblivious to it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Sheiro in Pittsburgh took the players' side and fired Therrien.

Gainey sent a message loud and clear that Carbonneau runs the ship and that players who don't want to play will pay. He sent Kovy to his room and gave Sergei a much needed spanking.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Anyone that thinks Kovalev is a better leader needs their head examined. A leader doesn't coast through games and quit trying. it was clear he had no interest in winning the last 2 weeks. A leader doesn't let his lackluster effort rub off on other guys.
Kovalev had NO SHOTS ON GOAL in 5 of the last 11 games post-all-star MVP

This guy is no captain!!!

He is no leader.

The Rocket or Patrick Roy would've likely punched him in the face in the locker room by now...

Hey... I love Kovy... but his play right now is demoralizing to the team and fans.

Gainey Rocks btw.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Maurice Richard*

Quote:
Yeah but he was the ALL STAR game MVP!!!

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:34 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
If the rest of the players on this team put in the effort that many here seem to expect and demand from Kovalev I suspect that we wouldn't be having this little hate fest for him or have you not noticed the lackluster efforts of Plekanec , Koivu , Higgins , the kostitsyns , Markov , Komisarek , Hamrlik and Price . The way people like you sit in front of your computer screens pointing fingers and making broad statements without a shred of proof just so you can place the blame for the ills of an entire team on the shoulders of one player is sickening .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote