HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Breakout for Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
02-20-2009, 09:05 AM
GoodKiwi

vCash: 500
Well, he's now projected to do better than last season (goal-wise at least) and I will take that as an improvement.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Are people really saying Kostitsyn is having as good a season as Rick Nash because he has almost as many goals? If thats all there is to judging a player then guess he is having as good a season as Malkin as well because he has almost as many goals.

But yeah he has been doing much better of late..

Don't take my post out of context.

That being said, without the incredibly slow start (unproductive linemates + injury + new situation [i.e. having to repeat last year's second half over a full season]), he's been incredibly productive. He's miles ahead any of our active players in the goal department.

I don't get why people are whining. Once he gets stability and ice time, he should be a stud.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Ross MacLochness

50 goal pace since Christmas. That's quite the "hot streak".

Kostitsyn really is the anti-Brian Savage. If this guy just started off his years a little better he'd score 40 goals in his sleep.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
GoodKiwi

Why do you guys think Andrei is such a slow starter? It's the second season in a row when he only steps it up in or around January.

Old
02-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Why do you guys think Andrei is such a slow starter? It's the second season in a row when he only steps it up in or around January.
It was the same thing in the AHL.

2005-06 he struggled the first 20 games and didn't have many points.
2006-07 he had like 1 goal in his first 10 games. Then 20 in his last 40. Finishing with over a point per game.

All he's got to do is start better. He's always practically a 40 goal, 70 point man from late November onward.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Line-juggling, new situations, etc.

It's only his second year starting the season in MTL. Until it's 3-4 seasons he's doing it, I wouldn't call him a slow starter.

He might be, but it's too soon to tell. Let's hope next year, he gets the go-to guy tag. He's been clutch for a while and he's leading this offense.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:53 AM
bhuya71

he's got more goals than zets, iginla, toews, semin (ok he played 39), and is tied with guys like brown, gagne, doan, richards.

given his injury, line mates (KOVY UNDERUTILIZING THE POOR GUY, and pleks auto passing to kovy, plus all the damn juggling), lets not forget dudes he may have been in NA for like 5 years but you'd imagine he's adjusting or finishing his adjustment for that matter, carbo ice time (ok maybe not lately but earlier on come on!), and playing LW yup i think it does make a diff he's really going to be something if he shoots more, gets more ice time and has tangs setting him up!

dude we got a diamond in the rough!

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
GoodKiwi

Yeah, but you can compare his goal output with some of the guys you listed because they are pass first players and have a vast advantage on Andrei in this department.

Not to say that Andrei is a bad player, just trying to highlight that point, that's all.

Old
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
number 11

i think if carbo finally figures out how to use Andrei, we have potential for an explosive goalscorer here.

put him on the RW, put him with a PASSER, and have him SHOOT the puck 15-20 times a game. look at ovechkin...he shoots everything and eventually they just go in. Well, Andrei has an amazing shot and should be doing the same. Can you only imagine if he had the foot speed ovechkin does?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Shred

I don't think this slow start stuff has any basis in reality. Last year he started the year on the 4th line and it took a while before he got put with Kovalev and Plekanec and then produced at a PPG pace. This year everything is all over the place and he still managed to produce well lately, and I think the reason for his lack of production earlier in the year is the concussion he got from the Sauer hit... came back too quickly and was completely invisible for quite a few games.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Habitants

breakout of jail?

no but yeah props to him on recent scoring, he has looked great. hopefully he can keep it up. not to mention all of a sudden that plekanec guy looks like he did a yr ago FINALLY. that new line is pretty hot.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Kostitsyn's last 42 games:
21 goals
13 assists
34 points

Kostitsyn's last 35 games:
19 goals
12 assists
31 points

+ drug scandal.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:07 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Kostitsyn's last 42 games:
21 goals
13 assists
34 points

Kostitsyn's last 35 games:
19 goals
12 assists
31 points

+ drug scandal.
How "diluted" are those statistics? What I mean is that it seems the guy has been a lot hotter lately than before. When you spread it out over 42 games has his production been even or was it thinner in the beginning of the stretch?

Old
02-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
breakout of jail?

no but yeah props to him on recent scoring, he has looked great. hopefully he can keep it up. not to mention all of a sudden that plekanec guy looks like he did a yr ago FINALLY. that new line is pretty hot.
And I suppose Carbo's work of creating this line does not have anything to do about it right?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:30 AM
gillyguzzler

It took two years for Carbo to figure out AK46 should play right wing? Should he get a medal for it? Maybe the Jack Adams? Nevermind, I'm sure Carbo will change the lines soon enough and have Andrei playing with Dandy and Gorges or even Alex Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
And I suppose Carbo's work of creating this line does not have anything to do about it right?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
It took two years for Carbo to figure out AK46 should play right wing? Should he get a medal for it? Maybe the Jack Adams? Nevermind, I'm sure Carbo will change the lines soon enough and have Andrei playing with Dandy and Gorges or even Alex Henry.
I have a feeling that dumbass Carbo will put AK46 back on LW soon...with Kovalev or something

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I have a feeling that dumbass Carbo will put AK46 back on LW soon...with Kovalev or something
But with AK46's party brother in Hamilton and his drug dealing mafia buddy out of the loop, he'll get to bed a little earlier and be more rested, alert and focused (as evidenced during the past two games). He could conceivably reach 35 goals this year and that would not be too bad at all. At the rate things are happening now, though, a lot can happen during the next few weeks.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
How "diluted" are those statistics? What I mean is that it seems the guy has been a lot hotter lately than before. When you spread it out over 42 games has his production been even or was it thinner in the beginning of the stretch?
He had one goal in the first thirteen games. Five goals in the next ten games. Three goals in the next ten (hattrick). Seven in the next ten games(5 game goal streak). Six goals in the last twelve.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It would help if he got more icetime and opportunities to use his shot...
It would help even more if he had a clue as to what to do on the ice when the puck isn't on his stick because his defensive game is non existant . He reminds me too much of Petr Klima .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
It would help even more if he had a clue as to what to do on the ice when the puck isn't on his stick because his defensive game is non existant . He reminds me too much of Petr Klima .
Dont overexagerate here my friend...You can teach defensive positionning to a 24 year old not talent.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Habsfan18

I still think he'll get 35.

As long as he's not on a line with Kovalev...he never touches the puck when he's with Kovy.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Dont overexagerate here my friend...You can teach defensive positionning to a 24 year old not talent.
I don't need to exagerate , all i need to do is watch the games . By the way , do you think that coaches in this organisation haven't been teaching him the defensive side of the game ? where's the progress ? he's terrible without the puck on his stick and the only one who can change that is him .

Last edited by habsfan44: 02-20-2009 at 01:10 PM.
habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote