HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about AT&T Pavilion/Wachovia Center

Old
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Question about AT&T Pavilion/Wachovia Center

Am I correct in thinking that you don't need a ticket for entry into the AT&T Pavilion during Flyers games?

Isn't that area open to anyone? But then you of course need a ticket to get onto the concourse and into the arena. I don't usually come in on that side of the building, so I'm fuzzy on the issue...but I swear I can remember coming in on that side once last year and people were just coming to watch the game at the AT&T Pavilion...you didn't need a ticket to get in there.

I ask because my girlfriend and I weren't able to get tickets for the Pens game this Saturday, but we'll be near the arena and were thinking maybe we'd just watch it in the AT&T Pavilion. I suppose I could call the box office and hopefully get an answer, but figured there'd probably be some folks here who would know. Thanks in advance.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Am I correct in thinking that you don't need a ticket for entry into the AT&T Pavilion during Flyers games?

Isn't that area open to anyone? But then you of course need a ticket to get onto the concourse and into the arena. I don't usually come in on that side of the building, so I'm fuzzy on the issue...but I swear I can remember coming in on that side once last year and people were just coming to watch the game at the AT&T Pavilion...you didn't need a ticket to get in there.

I ask because my girlfriend and I weren't able to get tickets for the Pens game this Saturday, but we'll be near the arena and were thinking maybe we'd just watch it in the AT&T Pavilion. I suppose I could call the box office and hopefully get an answer, but figured there'd probably be some folks here who would know. Thanks in advance.
I think they USED to do that, but we go in that entrance every game, and we have to show our ticket before we get into the Pavillion. I wanted some friends that were going to an Eagles game earlier in the year to meet us, but they couldn't.

You have a couple options. 1) If you really want to go to the game, try the ticket booth the day of the game. I got playoff tix last year an hour before faceoff at the box office. 2) If you strike out there, you can watch the game at Chickie and Pete's or at McFaddens. Both are Flyer friendly and can be fun.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
No, you need a ticket. There's guys scanning tickets at the door into the AT&T Pavilion.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
slitz

check stub hub on the morning of the game. there are usually decent priced tickets on game day

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I thought it was the HP Pavilion? When did that change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801
You have a couple options. 1) If you really want to go to the game, try the ticket booth the day of the game. I got playoff tix last year an hour before faceoff at the box office. 2) If you strike out there, you can watch the game at Chickie and Pete's or at McFaddens. Both are Flyer friendly and can be fun.
I'd go with this too. Chickie and Pete's is awesome.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
They did that for a game or two when the pavilion first opened. I think because of the way it's designed, they scrapped that idea because there are only stanchions and guards to designate the start of the arena concourse and not a physical door like McFadden's at Citizens Bank Park, which would be much easier to filter ticket holders through.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I thought it was the HP Pavilion? When did that change?

I'd go with this too. Chickie and Pete's is awesome.
It's always been the AT&T Pavilion, HP Pavilion is a line of computers.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
AaronTrieu

there is an hp pavilion arena i think

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American