HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Draft Pick List for 2009 Entry Draft (Draft Picks for Deadline)

Old
02-19-2009, 08:47 AM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
for this year, i doubt the kings think about brining in a forward. Their forwards seem to have FINALLY found chemistry together. adding a top 4 dman wouldn't hurt if it kept Gauthier off the ice -_-
I'm talking about after the season and before the draft. If the Kings want to be a legitimate playoff team next year as opposed to a fringe 8th seed, then their 3rd and 4th lines can't have Calder/Ivanans as LW and Richardson/Zeiler as RW. Those guys are all 4th liners on even a decent team, with the exception of maybe Calder. Kobasew, Hartnell, etc would instantly upgrade the wing position and add a veteran presence there.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

LA
Nashville
NYI

These three seem to have the best opportunity to earn big at the draft.

Of course, in addition to 9 picks at the moment, NYI looks like they are heading for #1 or 2, plus 3 2nd rounders.

Could be a doozy of a draft for any of these three.

BTW: is it just me or does it seem like Nashville ALWAYS has an abundance of draft picks???

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
LA
Nashville
NYI

These three seem to have the best opportunity to earn big at the draft.

Of course, in addition to 9 picks at the moment, NYI looks like they are heading for #1 or 2, plus 3 2nd rounders.

Could be a doozy of a draft for any of these three.

BTW: is it just me or does it seem like Nashville ALWAYS has an abundance of draft picks???
Also of note is 2 of the NYI 2nd round picks are their own 31st, and the Leafs 34th, with potentially more to come.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Also of note is 2 of the NYI 2nd round picks are their own 31st, and the Leafs 34th, with potentially more to come.
That is just sick. Possible first overall, 31st and 34th overall are close to being first round draft picks. Almost three first round draft picks with more coming in would set this team up for the next few years. Garth Snow better have a good scouting staff to utilize all of these draft picks wisely, or he could be seen as one of the worst General Manager in recent history. If it does work out, he could be one of the best as well. His reputation is on the line with this draft.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:48 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
They'll be in a power position at the draft when other teams are looking to acquire picks or looking to trade down to acquire more assets.
LA is going to be a powerhouse in a few years.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
That is just sick. Possible first overall, 31st and 34th overall are close to being first round draft picks. Almost three first round draft picks with more coming in would set this team up for the next few years. Garth Snow better have a good scouting staff to utilize all of these draft picks wisely, or he could be seen as one of the worst General Manager in recent history. If it does work out, he could be one of the best as well. His reputation is on the line with this draft.
honestly, i really liked the islanders draft last year, and i think snow did a good job. if he does it again this year, he would have gone a long way to rebuilding this franchise already. really i think he has done a better job than he gets credit for, just because of how he came to power and the DP contract.....and i am a ranger fan!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
The Isles had a real good draft last year..Ness is going to be a stud and Trivino will be a solid playmaker..and trading up with toronto got them that 2nd round pick..

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
xnyker

Anybody know if the Rangers will receive an extra pick for the loss of Cherapanov.

xnyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyker View Post
Anybody know if the Rangers will receive an extra pick for the loss of Cherapanov.
It was protested, but I don't believe they will.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:25 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
The Islanders have a lot on the line this draft. With all those picks, the possibility of trading up higher, etc.. the Islanders can walk away from the 2009 draft a very changed team.

This team is going to be awwwweeesome in a few years!

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Cappo40*

LA has the damn right idea, trade veterans for picks, and keep youth and let them grow, and Burke is trying to do the same for TOR..

Best way to rebuild is via the draft!

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Mr Sakich

burke traded away anaheim's 2nd rounder - has he ever not traded away his 2nd round pick?

when Burke was a kid, I think a 2nd round draft pick used to beat him up and steal his lunch money

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
The Islanders have a lot on the line this draft. With all those picks, the possibility of trading up higher, etc.. the Islanders can walk away from the 2009 draft a very changed team.

This team is going to be awwwweeesome in a few years!
I'm jealous. The Islanders will continue to get better and better while the Rangers continue to stay mediocre.

Damn you Sather.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:40 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

correct me if im wrong but doesnt NHL teams have reserve lists a total of 80 players signed or unsigned prospects and then they can only have 50 players signed so with all of loa's picks they have to maybe be close to the 50 signed an 80 players overall pretty damn close...

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
This draft could potentially make or break the Islanders franchise.

If I was Garth I would trade the 31st and 34th for something like the 23rd ONLY if the kid that's getting picked the Isles' absolutely love (Zack Kassian or a future stud Defenseman).

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
LA has the damn right idea, trade veterans for picks, and keep youth and let them grow, and Burke is trying to do the same for TOR..

Best way to rebuild is via the draft!
Boy, I can't even imagine what things in LA will be like when all of Johnson, Doughty, Hickey and Teubert have arrived???

They too have 5 picks by the end of round 3 this summer, so another player or two will likely be added.

Old
02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Cappo40*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Boy, I can't even imagine what things in LA will be like when all of Johnson, Doughty, Hickey and Teubert have arrived???

They too have 5 picks by the end of round 3 this summer, so another player or two will likely be added.
and that is only their defence...They have Quick, Ersberg, Bernier for Goalies...O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Brown, Moller, Simmonds, and a lot more...This team has SO much potential, it makes me cringe

Give this team a few more years...MY GOD THEY WILL BE BEASTS!

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Holy crap LA is loaded with picks.
Nashville's not too far behind. And this number could grow if Nashville decides to sell.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
honestly, i really liked the islanders draft last year, and i think snow did a good job. if he does it again this year, he would have gone a long way to rebuilding this franchise already. really i think he has done a better job than he gets credit for, just because of how he came to power and the DP contract.....and i am a ranger fan!
The 2006 draft featured 13 picks and was ran by head scout Feltrin/Smith. It was followed by 07 (5 picks, first coming in the 3rd round) and 08 (13 picks), both ran by Jankowski/Snow.

Here are pretty much what remains for the Isles from the last three drafts, with the players listed from the highest league to the lowest, and according to who is the most successful this season within the respective leagues.

2006:
Okposo - NHL

MacDonald - AHL
Joensuu - AHL
Marcinko - AHL

Ridderwall - SEL
Figren - SEL

Rakhshani - NCAA
Weslosky - NCAA
Sims - NCAA
Day - NCAA
Rogers - NCAA

2007:
Lacroix - QMJHL
Katic - OHL
Gratchev - QMJHL

Gregoire - NCAA
Kessel - NCAA

2008:
Bailey - NHL

Ullstrom - SEL
Petrov - KHL/KHL 2

Dibenedetto - OHL
Spurgeon - WHL
Martin - OHL
Hamonic - WHL
Niemi - WHL
Poulin - QMJHL

Ness - NCAA
Trivino - NCAA
Toews - NCAA

Donovan - USHL

For their stats, check out the prospects page at the Islanders Board site.

Old
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well, we still have to see if we'll be picking 31st and 34th. All depends on what happens the last 25 games.

Still, it'll give Snow options and with what I've read about this draft, it seems like picks 20-45 are pretty much one big crapshoot, with all of the players being seen as likely future NHLers.

In addition, a lot of guys who were ranked very highly at this point last year are kind of dropping into the 25-40 range, more on the strength of others moving up than anything else. When the Isles pick their two picks 31-38 (if they're not traded), they'll likely be looking at a list of players that may still include names like Moore, Shore, Morin, Erixon, Rajala and Ekman-Larsson.

Could be quite a summer for the Islanders.

Old
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Clip68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeam19 View Post
Not sure why the 1st link has given Toronto a 5th round pick in 2009 when they traded it away to the Rangers as well.
They traded Pittsburgh's 5th to the Rangers, not their own.

Clip68 is offline   Reply With Quote