HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antropov price a 1st rounder

Old
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by draeko17 View Post
I agree completely with what you are saying with respect to re-signing Nik. In case, it wasn't clear, where I think Burke will hold his ground is in relation to what he would accept in a trade for Nik. Now that he's said he expect's a first, I expect him to hold fast to that or pass on trading Antropov.
Yes.

If you show up with a lowball offer I doubt you'll get a reasonable counter.

Asking price is a 1st., but Burke has said he will place a greater value on a prospect a couple years along if the value is equal.

I take it to mean, a 1st. from a contender wouldn't hold as much value as a prospect who is showing value greater than his draft selection indicated.

Just off the top of my head:

Maxim Mayorov
Right Wing
Born Mar 26 1989 -- Magnitogorsk, Russia
Height 6.02 -- Weight 213 -- Shoots L
Selected by Columbus Blue Jackets round 4 #94 overall 2007 NHL Entry Draft

He's a 4th. rounder playing in the AHL, but would you expect to get him today with a 4th.?

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Antropov's cheap contract compared to who he is as a player and what he brings to the table will garner more interest than people believe because in the confounds of the cap his contract can easily fit for any type of trade. A 1st is a starting point Burke will get a prospect on top of that.
I agree 100%

I think if we can't get that we keep him and re-sign him. I half want to keep him any ways. Even at 3.5 million a year he is worth it and still young enough to play an important role on this team 3 to 5 years down the road. Antropov doesn't strike me as a guy who will try and break the bank in the UFA market. He loves the team and the city and would stay for a reasonable contract much the way kabere did.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 02:28 PM
ACC1224

From the mind of Eklund.

Quote:
* The Washington Capitals may now have serious interest in Antropov.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Krylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
From the mind of Eklund.
I have serious interest in their 1st rounder

Krylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Clip68

Quote:
From the mind of Eklund.
Well, at least we know he's not going to Washington.

On a side note, ever since his funk Antropov has put up 7 goals and 9 points in his last 10. With Burke and Wilson's magical calling out players system, maybe we could go after Stempniak next so he can get the 200 goals Fletcher thought he was going to score.

Clip68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Nik's value is going up with his latest goal scoring antics.

Wonder if the teams that are interested, might be getting nervous that Burke might reconsider his position, pull him off the market and resign him for the Leafs instead of move him.

Nik is scoring as he usually scores.

Other GMs know what kind of producer he is, and aren't surprised by his "latest antics".

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
I have serious interest in their 1st rounder
I'd love that but I don't think GM GM would do it. And the Caps are having cap issues. Issues with their own name....

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post
You're right - Yanic got a 2nd and a mid level prospect.... BUT ...

a) The Yanic trade was at a different time in different market conditions ... there's more buyers this time around.

b) Yanic was not 6'6 and on pace to potentially have a 30 goal season...

I think those are two pretty BIG differences...
there is no doubt whatsoever that Nik Antropov right now is worth more than Yanic Perreault was at that time.

Old
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
soupisgoodfood

Quote:
Maybe Burke can kill two birds with one stone here .. Get a 1st for Antropov and upgrade our goaltending in the future..

Vancouver the obvious best fit for Antropov to play alongside Mats.

Nik Antropov + Justin Pogge (BC boy) for Cory Schneider and 1st.

I know I would leap at that from a Leaf standpoint not sure the Nucks would like it all that much though. Leafs would have to add more. IMO
I thought Pogge was from Fort McMurray?

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupisgoodfood View Post
I thought Pogge was from Fort McMurray?
http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=73463

some tend to not let facts get in the way

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
soupisgoodfood

Quote:
http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=73463

some tend to not let facts get in the way
I guess, but I've also seen some places have him down as being from Penticton.

Maybe he moved during his childhood.

Old
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Ottawa just traded their late first round pick (SJ's pick) for Chris Campoli.

The teams also swapped Dean McAmmond and Mike Comrie in the deal.

So yes, Antropov will garner a 1st round pick.

Old
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
darrylsittler27

This year there will be a frenzy.

People think Antropov's value is dictated by his play alone.It isn't.This year a lot of teams have a chance and teams will grab guys rather than see their enemy do so.Burke will get at least a first rounder for Antropov.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I guess, but I've also seen some places have him down as being from Penticton.

Maybe he moved during his childhood.
He grew up in BC .. He played in Summerland and Penticton, BC and played for the Prince George Cougars WHL before eventually being traded Calgary Hitman.

From the WHL site

Quote:
WHL Alumni Spotlight - Justin Pogge

Justin Pogge was an All-Star goaltender with the Calgary Hitmen and the Prince George Cougars during his four-year Western Hockey League career, and was named the WHL Goaltender of the Year and Player of the Year in his final season with the Hitmen in 2005-06.

Now, the 22-year-old product of Penticton, B.C., is in his second season of professional hockey with the American Hockey League's Toronto Marlies, and is currently heading into his first playoff experience as the Marlies embark on their quest for a Calder Cup Championship.

Drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 3rd round (90th overall) at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Pogge endured an up-and-down first season in the AHL in 2006-07. The 6'3 190-lb netminder posted a 19-25-2 record with three shutouts, a 3.03 goals-against average and a .896 save percentage in 48 appearances during his first pro season, and also got the call to play for Canada's entry at the Spengler Cup in December 2006.

http://www.whl.ca/whl-alumni-spotlig...-pogge-p126252
Penticton newspaper

Quote:
Penticton’s Justin Pogge made his NHL debut in fine fashion on Monday with the Toronto Maple Leafs. The rookie goaltender, who has played 111 games in the American Hockey League with the Toronto Marlies, earned his first win during a 6-2 victory over the Atlanta Thrashers in Atlanta while facing 21 shots. In an interview with the Toronto Star, Pogge said, “I actually slept well,” of the night prior to his debut.

“I even had a dream about missing practice,” he said

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_.../36705684.html
Quote:
Justin Pogge (born April 22, 1986, in Penticton, British Columbia.... now living in Fort McMurray, Alberta

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Justin_Pogge.

Last edited by Mess: 02-20-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Ottawa just traded their late first round pick (SJ's pick) for Chris Campoli.

The teams also swapped Dean McAmmond and Mike Comrie in the deal.

So yes, Antropov will garner a 1st round pick.
But I was told by board members that teams value draft picks more in the cap era so much so that 1st round picks are rarely moved, they cant be wrong

Woodman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
soupisgoodfood

Yeah, that's the piece where I read from Penticton as well.

So he was just born in Fort Mac?

Old
02-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
pentiction boy about an hour away from here (kelowna)

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that's the piece where I read from Penticton as well.

So he was just born in Fort Mac?
Quote:
Toronto's goalie of the future gets his chance

TIM WHARNSBY - From Monday's Globe and Mail
December 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM EST

ATLANTA — Even though Justin Pogge's promotion was expected, the move has raised some eyebrows.

Pogge, 22, was called up by the Toronto Maple Leafs Sunday to replace injured Vesa Toskala, who once again is battling a sore groin. Pogge, of Penticton, B.C., will make his NHL debut against the Atlanta Thrashers on Monday.

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/se...ry/GlobeSports
Hockey Futures report

Quote:
Justin Pogge Named Canadian Hockey League's Top Player

CHL Press Release

Justin Pogge has been named the top player in the Canadian Hockey League by a 19-member panel commissioned by Prospects Hockey magazine.

The 19-year-old from Penticton, B.C., is enjoying a stellar season, highlighted by his 5-0 shutout win over Russia in the gold medal game at the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship in Vancouver. Pogge currently leads the WHL in GAA, shutouts and save percentage, and is second in wins. He was a third-round (90th overall) selection of the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...es_top_player/
Quote:
Pogge shows he has big-league game
By TERRY KOSHAN -- Toronto Sun

Pogge, the 90th pick overall by the Leafs in 2004, signed a three-year entry-level pact with the club last month. He said all he is worried about now is returning to the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL and trying to help the club win the Memorial Cup. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound native of Penticton, B.C., is bigger than present Leafs goalie Ed Belfour. But Pogge, who worked closely with Belfour last summer, resembles the latter in a couple of important ways: Pogge is sound positionally and has great puckhandling skills.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...81711-sun.html
I think its generally accepted he is from Penticton as there are endless references linking him to the city..

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Slapshot17

Looking at the Islanders and Sens trade, I'd have to say Antropov is definately worth a first round pick, and maybe more.

Slapshot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Krylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot17 View Post
Looking at the Islanders and Sens trade, I'd have to say Antropov is definately worth a first round pick, and maybe more.
It guess it also depends on what people think of Campoli. He's really the focal point in the deal for the Sens. 24 year old puck moving defenceman that has shown some promise.

That being said, the Sens ***** the bed on this deal.

Krylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
bluumax

pens would pay it. no doubt in my mind. they aquire antro they could keep malkin and crosby together on the 1st permanently and still have a 2nd line capable of putting points up, im not overlooking staal i just think antro has more offensive talent currently.

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Maybe Burke can kill two birds with one stone here .. Get a 1st for Antropov and upgrade our goaltending in the future..

Vancouver the obvious best fit for Antropov to play alongside Mats.

Nik Antropov + Justin Pogge (BC boy) for Cory Schneider and 1st.

I know I would leap at that from a Leaf standpoint not sure the Nucks would like it all that much though. Leafs would have to add more. IMO
There's no chance at all that happens.

Gillis has made it crystal clear that he doesn't want to trade away a high pick or blue chip prospect for a rental player and Antropov is likely going to be just that.

Even if Gillis was willing to trade his 1st and Schneider he wouldn't do that for Antropov and Pogge.

Schneider so far has done much more in his professional career than Pogge. I think it's safe to say that at this point Schneider has more value than Pogge.

A first round draft pick for Antropov is an overpayment. I'm not saying that someone out there won't pay that price but I sure as hell hope that it isn't the Canucks. The most I'd be willing to give up for Antropov is a 2nd round draft pick and perhaps a mid level prospect.

Giving up a 1st round draft pick for Antropov would be stupid and someone out there might be stupid enough to do it but I don't believe that it'll be Gillis.

So in conclusion there's no chance in hell that deal you proposed happens.

Now if you guys are interested in Schneider and our 1st round draft pick then Kaberle is the player you need to be talking about.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
There's no chance at all that happens.

Gillis has made it crystal clear that he doesn't want to trade away a high pick or blue chip prospect for a rental player and Antropov is likely going to be just that.

Even if Gillis was willing to trade his 1st and Schneider he wouldn't do that for Antropov and Pogge.

Schneider so far has done much more in his professional career than Pogge. I think it's safe to say that at this point Schneider has more value than Pogge.

A first round draft pick for Antropov is an overpayment. I'm not saying that someone out there won't pay that price but I sure as hell hope that it isn't the Canucks. The most I'd be willing to give up for Antropov is a 2nd round draft pick and perhaps a mid level prospect.

Giving up a 1st round draft pick for Antropov would be stupid and someone out there might be stupid enough to do it but I don't believe that it'll be Gillis.

So in conclusion there's no chance in hell that deal you proposed happens.

Now if you guys are interested in Schneider and our 1st round draft pick then Kaberle is the player you need to be talking about.

Agreement on the first point and have my fingers crossed on the second.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:37 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Schneider? you mean that guy that looked good playing for a quality AHL club and then came up to get lit up and look like average at best?

you keep Schneider, we don't want him. Schneider and a 1st for a Kaberle that is under contract?? bwahahahahaha

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM
facey

your kiddy yourself if you think antropov isn't worth a first round selection....

looks a previous deals.. he is worth a mid level frist rounder, or a prospect coming along well....

if kabby goes to the nucks i'd like to see hodgson + coming this direction

facey is offline   Reply With Quote