HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Good stuff from Réjean Tremblay

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
I didnt know what thread to post this in, but Rejean was just on CKAC and he said that if all the information he has heard turn out to be true, we will have wayy more important things to talk about than Kovalev, then he sounded excited when he said told Villeneuve "I have to tell you something after the show!"
He's gonna write another season of Scoop?

Old
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Habs

Old
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
goalchenyuk

Lecavalier to Montreal !

Old
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Andy

I think I'm going to call CKAC and tell him off.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I think I'm going to call CKAC and tell him off.
do it

Old
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
goalchenyuk

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/269566.html

A rumor from PJ Stock in RDS site

Old
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
goalchenyuk

from EKLUND ; *Rumors are swirling that the Canadiens are targeting Olli Jokinen as a plan B should they fail to land Vinny.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:46 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
from EKLUND ; *Rumors are swirling that the Canadiens are targeting Olli Jokinen as a plan B should they fail to land Vinny.

Gaineys "Plan C" is Tyler Arnason

Cross your fingers.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Judge Sauer*

The big news? Tremblay as the new GM, working on the details of the contract right now with Boivin.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Cross your fingers.
Wait...Is he over 40 ???

Old
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
tiredman

I guess we'll hear talking about this story for a few more days again... Jean Perron will be at TLMEP this week.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Cross your fingers.

With all the BS thats going on here, there is NO WAY Vinnie lifts his NTC to come into this hell hole ! Arnason hmmm !

Old
02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
goalchenyuk

Kovalev and Koivu for Ribeiro !!!

Old
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Kovalev and Koivu for Ribeiro !!!

i know your being sarcastic and all but i heard Ribs on RIS the other day..

"Je m'ennuie pas du tout de Montreal"

"I dont miss montreal at all"

Old
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post

Wow what a coincidence, now if only he could take a few of his supporters to their board !

Old
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post

Didn't he also say that last season?

Old
02-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Judge Sauer*

Gonna double post this in two threads. Just to make sure as many of the "fans" see this.

Wow, so I guess we've split the boards between:
*People who believe credible sources who substantiate the news (TSN)
*Anyone who calls themselves reporters/columnists who ran a story without proof.

How many times does the local media have to be caught BS'ing 'til we demand some sort of responsibility on their part?

****, PJ even starts rumours for fun to test others to see how much of a ****** they are.

I can tell you one thing. I could anonymously call De Foy one day and claim to be the teams bus driver and claim that Andrei K and Kostopulous got into a heated argument because Tom plays first line minutes in some games, Segeri got sent down, Kovy refuses the A for the rest of the season, and any thing else. I'd tell him not to nick me because I don't want to lose my job.
Guarantee you this story goes out as the truth.

Too many Jayson Blairs in the local media for some time now.

ps
I'm claiming that they're Jayson Blair's because no one ever seems to be able to substantiate their drivel except for each other who bandwagon on the flamefest journalism.

Ask yourself first from now on, "is this possible? Is there a credible source? Does this person have a history of BS'ing?"

Old
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Kafka

It was said that this message was leading to the duplication of a subject, so since it wasn't merged, I will place it here because I feel important all the intelligent readers here get a chance to read this message. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is sad to read you guys. Too easy for anyone to say someone is "racist" when that person is nothing near being racist. I refer here to comments regarding journalist Tremblay.

Wanting more North American is not a racist thing: it's only part of the game. There is hockey, and there is the Stanley Cup. Most North American hockey fans see the Stanley cup not only like a Championship, but like the most important thing they could win in a lifetime. It's probably the same for a Russian in the RSL or Swedish in the SEL. It's something you get during childhood and that stays in your guts. Some europeans will get that feeling and will do anything to win. Others will never find that and will end their career in an european league.

As for Les Canadiens, it is notorious that this team is at the roots of a nationalist feeling in Quebec. That team is the pride of a nation, like the FC Barcelona is for Catalans as examplified by the following link from their website (http://www.santeetudiante.com/RTECon...AECUMsante.pdf). Who's playing for that team? Yes, great players like Henry, Keita, Henrique.... But just take a look at their roster: its filled dominantly with Catalans! Pujol, Xavi, Valdés, Mata, the list is long...

Are Catalans racists or is it a pride nation? They aren't trying to destroy an other population: they simply want to exist, and they exist through their team.

So for now on, please take the Montreal Canadiens for what they are, and understand that talent + emotion are required to win this game.

Old
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
How many times does the local media have to be caught BS'ing 'til we demand some sort of responsibility on their part?

I can tell you one thing. I could anonymously call De Foy one day and claim to be the teams bus driver and claim that Andrei K and Kostopulous got into a heated argument because Tom plays first line minutes in some games, Segeri got sent down, Kovy refuses the A for the rest of the season, and any thing else. I'd tell him not to nick me because I don't want to lose my job.
Guarantee you this story goes out as the truth.

Ask yourself first from now on, "is this possible? Is there a credible source? Does this person have a history of BS'ing?"
Well Mathias Brunet who got the first story from Russia is pretty credible and so is DeFoy. But then, 'cause an athlete says that he didn't say anything, he didn't. So be it. I choose not to believe exclusively one side but make my own opinion based on the things said. I can say that the Russian biograph that told DeFoy this but also Pedneault and a couple of other journalists is just not a bus driver. And like I said on a previous post, why isn't it not possible that because he was frustrated and probably thought at that time that his time in Montreal was over, that he could have said those things but then after his talk with Gainey, he saw that there was an opening for him to come back and so he just had to deny everything?

So don't worry, I always have this "Is he credible" phrase in my head. To which I answer yes for Brunet and yes for DeFoy and Pedneault. To which I answer no for Tremblay and Villeneuve. So I do not choose to ALWAYS go with the journalists versions, don't worry.

Old
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well Mathias Brunet who got the first story from Russia is pretty credible and so is DeFoy. But then, 'cause an athlete says that he didn't say anything, he didn't. So be it. I choose not to believe exclusively one side but make my own opinion based on the things said. I can say that the Russian biograph that told DeFoy this but also Pedneault and a couple of other journalists is just not a bus driver. And like I said on a previous post, why isn't it not possible that because he was frustrated and probably thought at that time that his time in Montreal was over, that he could have said those things but then after his talk with Gainey, he saw that there was an opening for him to come back and so he just had to deny everything?

So don't worry, I always have this "Is he credible" phrase in my head. To which I answer yes for Brunet and yes for DeFoy and Pedneault. To which I answer no for Tremblay and Villeneuve. So I do not choose to ALWAYS go with the journalists versions, don't worry.
Speaking of Brunet being credible. Whatever happened to that copy of the transcript from Russia that had all the nasty things Kovy "said" two seasons ago?

You know what's funny?
A journalist/columnist can run with a false story and go on a tirade about how disgusting it is for so and so to do what's claimed. If this person is never able to back up his story afterwards, it's OK.
If your girlfriend/boyfriend tells you a big lie, you feel betrayed and have a hard time trusting that person again.

Old
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Speaking of Brunet being credible. Whatever happened to that copy of the transcript from Russia that had all the nasty things Kovy "said" two seasons ago?

You know what's funny?
A journalist/columnist can run with a false story and go on a tirade about how disgusting it is for so and so to do what's claimed. If this person is never able to back up his story afterwards, it's OK.
If you girlfriend/boyfriend tells you a big lie, you feel betrayed and have a hard time trusting that person again.
'Cause evidently, every journalist has a tape to "backup" his story....You know what's funnier? The fact that if you like a player, you'll have the tendancy to never believe that he might have done things you wish he would not have done. But when you don't like a player (should I name names?) nobody ever ask for any tape to believe that they were cancers on that team.

I will choose to beleive Brunet 'cause every story he's coming up with he's the only journalist in Montreal that does it, that puts so much effort into what he,s writing, his researches and on. The guy is respected for having written some biographies along the way and for not having an history of being phony.

But then it seems that when an athlete says he didn't say things, or didn't do things, he is obviously telling the truth. 'Cause there are no history of athletes who denied things at first but then had to admit what they have done after. And the funny part about all of this as far as I'm concerned is that I don't think what Kovalev had said either way was that bad after all. Most of his statements are reflection of what people in here keep saying anyway.

Old
02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Judge Sauer*

If your going to claim to be in possession of a tape that backs up your story, come up with it. Otherwise you open yourself to as much ridicule as you get. Your own fault for BS'ing.

The problem right now is that sports journalism isn't held to the same standard as regular journalism because it's sports. Journalism ethics is much looser when taken in the context of sports.

It's a much larger problem out here than say in Toronto who has more media craze with the Leafs.

Our guys have been able to get away with it before and it'll just keep going until someone is held accountable for their actions.

Next time, it could be a player you like WS or even a family member. We'll see how you react at that time.

Come on here and defend Brunet again when he says something about someone in your family.

Old
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Kafka

Quote:

You know what's funny?
If your girlfriend/boyfriend tells you a big lie, you feel betrayed and have a hard time trusting that person again.
Just want to make things clear: the whole 2007 story about Kovalev was real. Most of the interviews you will read in our local journals don't have a tape version linked to it.

I think Brunet is going a great job as a journalist. When the story came up, he even gave the whole process he went through, but as you may know, journalists in Russia are not protected like they are in Canada. It's a different word.

Everyone on Les Canadiens had interest in making that story a fake. But honnestly, for what reason would that girl put false sentences in Kovalev's mouth? Believe what you want to believe, but please use your brain before.

By the way, Kovalev's biographer admitted on the Radio-Canada sport show that the Kovalev story wasn't a fake (a few months after the events). It's just that since they were after the trade deadline, Habs were stuck with Kovalev.

Ok, I am stopping here. Just want to defend journalists I trust way over groups or individuals who try to control the message they want to give.

Old
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

If the "bombe" is serious (for example some arrests), then it's fine. If it's not, the Habs and everyone involved should hit hard and quickly with legal action. They can't let this opportunity go. This gutter journalism sullying the club and the city has to stop once and for all.

Old
02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
If the "bombe" is serious (for example some arrests), then it's fine. If it's not, the Habs and everyone involved should hit hard and quickly with legal action. They can't let this opportunity go. This gutter journalism sullying the club and the city has to stop once and for all.
Pretty sure it's legit.
too much ramblings from too much people in the know for it not to be legit.

Closed Thread