HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Good stuff from Réjean Tremblay

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
Pretty sure it's legit.
too much ramblings from too much people in the know for it not to be legit.
Just like the trade rumour that PJ started and everyone including Eklund believed it.
When professionals start using Ek as a source for rumour news, you know your in trouble.

Old
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Just like the trade rumour that PJ started and everyone including Eklund believed it.
When professionals start using Ek as a source for rumour news, you know your in trouble.
Check La Presse tomorrow and then tell me about it.

hate to say I told you so.

Old
02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
rudethedude66

Ok so im at the nhl legends of hockey game tonight in London Ontario and this guy behing the Legends of Hockey bench was talking about Gillett selling the team or being bankrupt....Then I get home and see this bombshell stuff goin on...coincidence?

Old
02-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Dammit it is going to involved drugs, hookers, AND a midget.

Old
02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:

Hate to say I heard so after tonight

edit;

No wait, let me quote AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
3 careers are over for sure ... that of Jean Perron, Richard Labbe and Rejean Tremblay.

WOW. I can't believe this.
Where's your God now?

Last edited by Judge Sauer*: 02-19-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Where's your God now?
I have to admit....this is a sad sad day for the sport journalists in this city. While I still think there is some good journalists, this pathetic showing we've witness today IF it's solely about what we just heard, while most already didn't have a lot of credibility, well they just affected this whole profession with that story.

We'll see though if the LaPresse article is just the start of everything. If it's the whole story, I'm done believing them for good even if they end up being right. They will surely need the tapes from now on....

Old
02-20-2009, 07:37 AM
fredez

Quote:

And tomorrow when nothing comes out, will you repeat the same thing again? Until when?

Maybe, just maybe some people heard that a story involving the Kost Bros and Hamrlik having links to a street gang member and started throwing speculations around?

Old
02-20-2009, 07:56 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
If the "bombe" is serious (for example some arrests), then it's fine. If it's not, the Habs and everyone involved should hit hard and quickly with legal action. They can't let this opportunity go. This gutter journalism sullying the club and the city has to stop once and for all.
Exactly!! From what I gather they have not done anything wrong and are only guilty of knowing this guy. They are not being charged with anything at all.

Where is the "bombe"? This is nothing! The Habs should find out exactly what the cops have and what they intend to do with it. If the cops are not going to pursue this vis-a-vis the players then you go after the media and sue. They need to pay for their indiscretion. I'm sure there are a great number of people on those tapes that are not criminally linked but they are not named. There is such a thing as privacy in your personal relationship with another person and unless you are knowingly participating in illegal activities it should never see light. If my name had come up for no good reason you could bet your house I would sue them.

Old
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
If the "bombe" is serious (for example some arrests), then it's fine. If it's not, the Habs and everyone involved should hit hard and quickly with legal action. They can't let this opportunity go. This gutter journalism sullying the club and the city has to stop once and for all.
legal action for what? saying that the brothers had "links" with the guy...they didnt say more from what I read

Old
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have to admit....this is a sad sad day for the sport journalists in this city. While I still think there is some good journalists, this pathetic showing we've witness today IF it's solely about what we just heard, while most already didn't have a lot of credibility, well they just affected this whole profession with that story.

We'll see though if the LaPresse article is just the start of everything. If it's the whole story, I'm done believing them for good even if they end up being right. They will surely need the tapes from now on....
Did you catch Gagnon this morning on the Team 990? More innuendos, more slandering, and the bozo's from the Team just go along for the ride.

What do you expect, that one arm of the media craps on the other arm? Most of the print guys work for radio stations and vice versa, all they do is cover their collective behinds. Not one negative comment from the interview, just more speculation that more will come out.

The media in Montreal has become very incestuous. TV.radio, print all live off each other. No checks and balances. Out of all the commentators only Gabriel Gregoire and to some extent Michel Langevin took a step back. Gregoire went as far as to say that he was ashamed of being part of the media this morning.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Exactly!! From what I gather they have not done anything wrong and are only guilty of knowing this guy. They are not being charged with anything at all.

Where is the "bombe"? This is nothing! The Habs should find out exactly what the cops have and what they intend to do with it. If the cops are not going to pursue this vis-a-vis the players then you go after the media and sue. They need to pay for their indiscretion. I'm sure there are a great number of people on those tapes that are not criminally linked but they are not named. There is such a thing as privacy in your personal relationship with another person and unless you are knowingly participating in illegal activities it should never see light. If my name had come up for no good reason you could bet your house I would sue them.
We certainly have serious damage to reputations that's not (at this time) justified by the gravity of the story. There's been no charges laid. However, La Presse will likely use wiretape records (or some other police documents of the sort) to get some legal cover from libel.

The Kostitsyn's are public figures so they're not entitled to the same level of privacy. If a legal avenue is pursued, they'll sort out how much weight to put on each of those considerations.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

It's also well known that the relation between George Gillett and LaPresse is really tensed to say the least. Seems that earlier this year Gillett told LaPresse to go **** themselves and is just not talking to them at all.

LaPresse seems to gladly be in revenge mode with Tremblay as their leader, like he was when Mario Tremblay was in charge.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm thinking there isn't much value left to add to this thread either...
<closed>

Closed Thread