HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Keep Andrei Kostitsyn on the RW and away from Kovalev

Old
03-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Johnny Hotrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty7 View Post
so basicaly you mean to keep away andrei kostityn from the habs
will perform bettter?
No, I think he means it's time for AKost to be responsible for how Akost plays, and for the outrageous excuse-making to stop.

Johnny Hotrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Johnny Hotrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Hmm maybe because he doesn't like to pass the puck ....
And yet he's first among forward in assists with almost TWICE as many as Akost.

Johnny Hotrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
AKost is a good passer. He can do some amazing stuff. Remember that backhand back pass to Pleky a couple years back?
they did that very same play only a week or two ago.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotrox View Post
No, I think he means it's time for AKost to be responsible for how Akost plays, and for the outrageous excuse-making to stop.
(He leads the team in goals at 24, and is one of the more dominant players on the ice. He doesn't need excuses, the rest of the team does)

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:20 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
(Andrei K leads the team in goals at 24, and is one of the more dominant players on the ice. He doesn't need excuses, the rest of the team does)
Thank TANGUAY that Kostitsyn was kept away from Kovalev tonight; Andrei might have dragged down that whole line.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I like Andrei, a lot of talent,but he's just too inconsistent. I hope he finds his way with Plekanec and his brotha pimp aka SergeiSerg.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:14 AM
m00ks

Gonna be quiet for Asterix and co at least till the next loss, could be tom. I like crickets.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I like Andrei, a lot of talent,but he's just too inconsistent. I hope he finds his way with Plekanec and his brotha pimp aka SergeiSerg.
Inconsistencty is part of being a young player, that's why we can't have a team full of young players.

That being said Andrei is one of the few guys that has not grossly underachieved this year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Gonna be quiet for Asterix and co at least till the next loss, could be tom. I like crickets.
It's funny how that works, eh? They love to take over the board when things are going bad, but when things are going good, they are not even around to say, "Hey, Kovalev is proving me wrong! Good for him! That means we're winning!".

Fake fans.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Jim Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That being said Andrei is one of the few guys that has not grossly underachieved this year.
I have to disagree ! Andrei was draft 10th in 2003 a lot of player drafted the same year have showed great improvement this season but when you compare Andrei to last year ok he maybe he's the team leading scorer but he has to potentiel to be a lot better and he has not shown any improvement lately for a 24 year old forward that's not normal IMO !

Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
gillyguzzler

For what it's worth, François Gagnon on the Team 990 this morning, suggested that AK46 should be used as trade bait this summer and that it was only because the team was desperate that Sergei was called up from Hamilton.

Although I think they could both have very successful careers, I'm sure that Gillett and Gainey are embarassed by their off ice dealings and would certainly entertain offers. If the Habs are going to clean house, I wouldn't be surprised to see the brothers go. Their market value should still be pretty high.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
For what it's worth, François Gagnon on the Team 990 this morning, suggested that AK46 should be used as trade bait this summer and that it was only because the team was desperate that Sergei was called up from Hamilton.

Although I think they could both have very successful careers, I'm sure that Gillett and Gainey are embarassed by their off ice dealings and would certainly entertain offers. If the Habs are going to clean house, I wouldn't be surprised to see the brothers go. Their market value should still be pretty high.
Apparently Price is more of a party animal then anybody on this team so with your logic he's as good as gone.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:09 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Apparently Price is more of a party animal then anybody on this team so with your logic he's as good as gone.
Price is their "golden boy" and it all depends what on what becomes public. "Apparently" a party animal? Could be. Probably is. Hasn't been front page yet though, but it could be. Then we'd see how they'd handle it. I think they'd forgive Price quicker than the Belarussians.

Old
03-26-2009, 09:40 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Price is their "golden boy" and it all depends what on what becomes public. "Apparently" a party animal? Could be. Probably is. Hasn't been front page yet though, but it could be. Then we'd see how they'd handle it. I think they'd forgive Price quicker than the Belarussians.
The Kost Bros + Price + Higgins = that would make a nice package for a Superstar player + a good goalie + a gritty winger.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:40 AM
TheCH*

Quote:

The belarussians were on the front page for knowing a drug dealer, but also it stated they were not suspect of any criminal activity. In other words, there is nothing wrong with it. I am sure many people living in Montreal know a guy who sells drugs(including many players on the team), doesn't make them guilty of anything.

All i am saying is the brothers are not gonna be traded because of knowing Mangiola. Price is not gonna be traded for partying way to hard and to often. The organization will work to fix the issue instead of getting rid of the players all together.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It is time for Andrei Kostitsyn to take responsibility for his lack of production.
However, confidence is an issue with him. You can see it on the bench if he misses. If we're talking about overall team confidence, I think we need Andrei to be confident again. We haven't seen a highlight reel goal from him all season, while last season it happened every couple of games.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:21 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
The belarussians were on the front page for knowing a drug dealer, but also it stated they were not suspect of any criminal activity. In other words, there is nothing wrong with it. I am sure many people living in Montreal know a guy who sells drugs(including many players on the team), doesn't make them guilty of anything.

All i am saying is the brothers are not gonna be traded because of knowing Mangiola. Price is not gonna be traded for partying way to hard and to often. The organization will work to fix the issue instead of getting rid of the players all together.
Take your head out of the sand...