***Prediction Contest, #60, AT NY RANGERS, Sun 22 Feb.: A Sunday in the Garden.
1. Post the team which will win and by what score. Write anything else you like so long as you make clear those two variables. If you pick the correct team you will receive one point. If you pick the correct score but the wrong team you will receive two points. If you pick both the correct score and the correct winning team you will receive four points.
2. One point for the name of Maple Leaf who scores the team's first goal of the game.The Joepeps!! rule: If you expect a shutout, pick the opponent player who scores first. But if a Leaf does score, that pick will not be counted.
3. Picks must be made and posted by puck drop on game day.
4. Picks must be made in the prediction thread -- if you post them anywhere else, including the game day thread, they will not count.
5. No if...then picks(Detroit 9-2 if Joseph, 4-2 if Toskala, or Kulemin gets goal if he plays, otherwise Kaberle).
6. If you change a pick in a new post (as opposed to editing), be sure you delete the first one so that there aren't two different picks in the thread.Also, check that you haven't accidentally made two different picks in the same thread - you'd be surprised how often that happens. In those cases neither will count and you will have a "0" for that game. The RAND corollary: Rand will ignore this rule.
LEADERBOARD AFTER GAME 59 - The stars are again aligned. Galileo and Copernicus called before parliamentary committee.
4 who came late but play every day:
facey - 29
EvanLackey - 23 - losing ground to fellow latecomers.
darty - 21 - 10 game point streak!!! - record is 14.
KLM-Line - 19 - 9 game point streak!!
Game Statistical Package:
Entered - 66 - good turn-out, and mainly rewarded.
Grand Salami, Perfection - 0 - où sont les grandsalamis d'antan? Since last G.S.: 01 games.
Picked Team and Score Only - 4 - Arian / FlareKnight / grabo84 / sgupca
Right Score, Wrong Team - 0 - We are unique in SO.
Picked Team or Score and Blake - 9
Picked Blake Only - 4
Picked Team Only - 48 - a gimmee.
Unduplicated Count Since Start of Season - 237
Double posters - 0 - Now that Rand has reformed.
__________________ Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and ****** all get respectable if they last long enough. Timothy Fenwick Jr: Do you ever get the feeling that there's something going on that we don't know about? Boogie: If you don't have good dreams, Bagel, you got nightmares.
He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era. He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.