This is the most outlandish breaking story I've seen in sports in a long time. This is an all-time low. An awful team, after an awful stretch of games, has some kind of apparent legal problems, the media flips out about it, and now everyone is tracking the friggin plane for when it touches ground. FBI equivalent to Canada is waiting for the team. Jesus Christ this is one wacky happening.
Please try to avoid posting unfounded rumours at this point until we get more concrete info!
I don't know if you're referring to my post here but it was founded, in the media.
latest from insiders in the media (still just rumors at this point but we'll be fixed tomorrow):
- habs brass in meetings since 8pm tonight
- team meeting scheduled at midnight or whenever they arrive
- bettman en route for montreal
- police waiting for the players at the airport to arrest 3 (allegations **** & drugs)
- probable end of the career of the 3
Rumour: Gorges, Higgins, Price and possible SK74 will be arrested when they get into Montreal..I don't know if it makes sense. SK74 is already in Canada, so it probably wouldn't involve him..