HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do you think of all that hype?

View Poll Results: What is your reaction to THE news ?
What ??? That's it ??? 107 54.59%
OMG...The season is over !!!!! 20 10.20%
Indifferent 12 6.12%
Let's move on already... 57 29.08%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
  #26
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Now, what do you think about Carbo putting Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopoulos with 90 seconds left in the 3rd period to tie the game? Thats more my concern.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
  #27
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Now, what do you think about Carbo putting Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopoulos with 90 seconds left in the 3rd period to tie the game? Thats more my concern.
That was pathetic.

I think the media fabricated the whole thing just so we don't think about it lol.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM
  #28
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,584
vCash: 500
I'm not joking here they should fire Every. Single. Sport. Journalists. In. Montreal.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:23 AM
  #29
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,728
vCash: 500
the only network to not get in the hype was SRC

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:24 AM
  #30
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
i say we all flood their emails and call nonstop to harass them

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:32 AM
  #31
STAALing
 
STAALing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
the only network to not get in the hype was SRC
L'Antichambre did apparently ?

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
  #32
MisterTrep
Registered User
 
MisterTrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
after the news got out they were holding open calls with fans. damn most of the fans are so stupid.. most callers would still speculate and talk about this like it was the big ***ing deal.

I was hoping someone would call to blast the medias behavior.. what a shameless bunch of *** holes..

I'm so embarassed.............

MisterTrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:57 AM
  #33
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzner and Doughty View Post
L'Antichambre did apparently ?
l'antichambre is rds, src is la zone. Villeneuve started the show by saying that if there was any news tune on to rdi and then went on to talk about the game.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
  #34
JudasPriced
Registered User
 
JudasPriced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTrep View Post
The population should riot Ckac, RDS, Tqs and the press studios.

I feel sick to my stomach that the medias are using over blown titles to boost their rating. they know we are sensitive fan base. What they are doing is wrong.

And then they'll cry all summer long when free agents refuse to sign in montreal, AGAIN.......

GO FIGURE...

I think the real problem with the Habs is not Carbo, Gainey or the players.. it's the media.. How can you expect to have an healthy organization when this kind of stuff is going on ?!?!?!?!?!?



/rant
this wins ^

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 01:08 AM
  #35
Macs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 392
vCash: 500

Macs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 01:15 AM
  #36
DDIHH
Registered User
 
DDIHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
I never buy La Presse... and I'll never buy it.

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 01:25 AM
  #37
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm not joking here they should fire Every. Single. Sport. Journalists. In. Montreal.
They have sports journalists in Montreal ?

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:59 AM
  #38
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,837
vCash: 500
It's great, now UFAs to be know the Nightlife in Montreal is awesome, and that it's easy to get cars, vodka and girls...

will be so easy now for BG to sign UFA, Boivin could fire him and sign another GM for cheap so Habs can save $$


Last edited by ECWHSWI: 02-20-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo
ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:36 AM
  #39
chillmat
Registered User
 
chillmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
"La Zone" was definitely the show that did treat the subject in the most appropriate way, they heard something was coming but did not spent the show talking about it, especially that NOTHING was out yet, only rumours. They sure gain points with me on the way they treated it, as for "L'antichambre", they just joined the "110%" in terms of credibility.

chillmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:17 AM
  #40
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Who were you told by? A hairy cookie monster hiding under your pillow?
No. I have the chance to work at some news station where I have access to this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
the only network to not get in the hype was SRC
Cause they waited for "real" news. But I can tell you that everyone from the sports dept were called to get at work asap and stay for all night.

The hype was real, it did go all around the media. What came out was simply not as bad (not all all) as what everyone got told.

Maybe there are still things that are not out yet, but I can't tell. Last update I had was before the news came out at 12:40

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:34 AM
  #41
tollb2
Registered User
 
tollb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Man ..The media is realy ****ing this team up. My biggest issue is the media is in montreal , It SHOULD support the team , But all they are doing is destroying it. Who is gona sighn here? Media prob will never shut up or creat bull **** untill the team is 100% Quebec players. All i ever want is the best team iced and the media is not helping. This is supposed to be our year our time in the spot light , and they are ****ing it all up . I will always love this team but wow somthing needs to be done about the media , the organization should ban them from the team untill things change . Im sorry i just want to see my team prosper and its so upsetting to see a outside source (media) compramise the credibility and image of the team

BTW the 100% Quebec player comment was not meant negativly , I love Vinni and many others but it just seems that the media will keep attacking till they get what they want

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
  #42
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I was expecting Price, O'Byrne, Sergei, Gorges, and Komi to be full blown drug users, and ***** a kid? But the Kostitsyns accepting a nice car and some girls? Give me a break, this isn't tear worthy.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
  #43
Altoid
 
Altoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
I watched parts of 110% and L'Antichambre last night was got completely caught up in the scandal to break the news this morning. They completely convinced me that there was a serious scandal larger than anything to ever rock the franchise. I will agree that players, or anyone, associating with known criminals is wrong, and something that the Habs would not be happy about, but is this really the type of news that would have the Mtl sports media community in such a frenzy that they would rank this higher than Rocket Richard hitting a referree over the head with a stick, being suspended for the duration of the play-offs, and setting of a riot?

Last night on 110%, I saw Pednault at the table with his blackberry going off, and he recieved news that was so important that he had to walk away from the discussion, essentially walking away from his audience. How epic is the news when a guest on a talk show actually leaves the viewer to attend to this news and then not be able to report on it when he gets back? What talk-show would allow this? All he would say is that there was some arguing going on among players on the team bus after the game and made it seem as if this was all part of the same story that would break in the morning. What a charade the whole ordeal has been.

The scandal is not about some players and a known Mtl felon, its about a bunch of sports reporters, journalists and broadcasters who are so absorbed in an unhealthy obsession with every facet of the lives of hockey players in Montreal that they can no longer judge appropriately what is news-worthy and not, what is a scandal and what is just bad news, and simply how to conduct themselves in doing thier job.

The Mtl hockey media has exposed itself to a new level of shallow and sensational reporting. This hasn't happened in a bubble either. Hockey fans and reporters across the league have witnessed this as well. Sure, we were duped this morning but the laugh is on Mtl's sports reporters. They've completely compromised their integrity as reporters within the sports reporting community and their audience.

Altoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
  #44
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
"The city is Hollywood."

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
  #45
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoid View Post
I watched parts of 110% and L'Antichambre last night was got completely caught up in the scandal to break the news this morning. They completely convinced me that there was a serious scandal larger than anything to ever rock the franchise. I will agree that players, or anyone, associating with known criminals is wrong, and something that the Habs would not be happy about, but is this really the type of news that would have the Mtl sports media community in such a frenzy that they would rank this higher than Rocket Richard hitting a referree over the head with a stick, being suspended for the duration of the play-offs, and setting of a riot?

Last night on 110%, I saw Pednault at the table with his blackberry going off, and he recieved news that was so important that he had to walk away from the discussion, essentially walking away from his audience. How epic is the news when a guest on a talk show actually leaves the viewer to attend to this news and then not be able to report on it when he gets back? What talk-show would allow this? All he would say is that there was some arguing going on among players on the team bus after the game and made it seem as if this was all part of the same story that would break in the morning. What a charade the whole ordeal has been.

The scandal is not about some players and a known Mtl felon, its about a bunch of sports reporters, journalists and broadcasters who are so absorbed in an unhealthy obsession with every facet of the lives of hockey players in Montreal that they can no longer judge appropriately what is news-worthy and not, what is a scandal and what is just bad news, and simply how to conduct themselves in doing thier job.

The Mtl hockey media has exposed itself to a new level of shallow and sensational reporting. This hasn't happened in a bubble either. Hockey fans and reporters across the league have witnessed this as well. Sure, we were duped this morning but the laugh is on Mtl's sports reporters. They've completely compromised their integrity as reporters within the sports reporting community and their audience.
I think we've just witnessed a good case of MISINFORMATION.

I have a feeling there is a war between the different medias. Some are leaking wrong informations to make the other guys discredit themselves. RDS (L'Antichambre), TQS (110%) and CKAC (Ron Fournier & cie), are looking very stupid and unprofessional this morning. I dunno who started the fire (rumours). Is it la Presse, or the Montreal Canadiens themselves ? Is it just another prime example of an Internet hoax ?

Only LA Zone on Radio-Canada did not fall in the trap. Villeneuve, who got badly caught recently with the Brad Richards potential trade, waited at the very end to talk about it.

I hope it's gonna be a good lesson for all of them.

As for the KOST Bros & Hamrlik, they should be ashamed to hang out with Mob's people. especially hamrlik who is supposed to be a mature man, compared to the Kost bros. Right now, it doesn't seem that they would be accused of anything.

Gainey has already solved part of the problem by sending S.Kost to the minors. A.Kost is playing better since a couple of games. Hamrlik doesn't have all his head on the game.

The team really did not need all that **** right now.

Next step for Gainey to salvage the season: FIRE CARBO ! and find a competent goalie.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
  #46
Altoid
 
Altoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
thanks for getting back to hockey but if you want to be scandalous, just try firing Carbo and getting a started over Price, that would really rock the nation!

Carbo's not getting it done right now but I don't think he needs to be replaced. He needs his guys to do what they're supposed to do. As for Price, he has to stop hiding deep in his net, stay on his feet longer and keep his hands up.

Altoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:49 AM
  #47
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoid View Post
thanks for getting back to hockey but if you want to be scandalous, just try firing Carbo and getting a started over Price, that would really rock the nation!

Carbo's not getting it done right now but I don't think he needs to be replaced. He needs his guys to do what they're supposed to do. As for Price, he has to stop hiding deep in his net, stay on his feet longer and keep his hands up.
Like asking Stewart and Kostopoulos to score important goals in the last minutes of a game or in overtime....

That's bad coaching !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
  #48
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,813
vCash: 500
Las Vegas, New York, Washington got nothing on us.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:10 AM
  #49
Habarazzi
Registered User
 
Habarazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Macs;18052205]

Corrected it for you


Last edited by Habarazzi: 02-20-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Habarazzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
  #50
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
I don't know what to think anymore.

I bet I have a pretty good idea of what Mats Sundin is thinking right now though.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.