HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-20-09 Avs at Caps 5 PM MT

Old
02-21-2009, 11:48 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
I thought the same. This is the Hannan we thought we were getting.
I think it's the same Hannan we've had all along.

Foote did a good job also.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post

2) How come this team can only get up for BIG, and good teams?
Because the coaching staff does not do an adequate job of preparing this team for every game.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

That was quite satisfying. Great to put four on The-odor. Smyth's goal was vintage Three of Four.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I think it's the same Hannan we've had all along.

Foote did a good job also.

-AB
Aside from the first couple months of his first year, I agree. Hannan has been our best and most consistent dman now for a year and a half.

Also I agree Foote has been good since he came back from injury. He may be old, but he brings a different mentality and mindset it seems from the backend. He gets the job done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
That was quite satisfying. Great to put four on The-odor. Smyth's goal was vintage Three of Four.
The Arnason goal was vintage Theodore too. High glove, too slow of a glove hand.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Also I agree Foote has been good since he came back from injury. He may be old, but he brings a different mentality and mindset it seems from the backend. He gets the job done.
Foote is really slow now, and is having trouble clearing the zone more frequently than is comfortable. He's looked pretty good since coming back from his injury, as he was pretty bad earlier in the year. One thing about Foote though: He brings it every single shift. He's the mirror image of Ryan Smyth effort-wise, but on defense.

The other interesting thing from last night - was it just me, or was Foote not paired up against Ovechkin very much? It seemed Granato played Salei and/or Hannan out there instead. If so, not a bad coaching move by TG.

Did I really just say that?

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Foote is really slow now, and is having trouble clearing the zone more frequently than is comfortable. He's looked pretty good since coming back from his injury, as he was pretty bad earlier in the year. One thing about Foote though: He brings it every single shift. He's the mirror image of Ryan Smyth effort-wise, but on defense.

The other interesting thing from last night - was it just me, or was Foote not paired up against Ovechkin very much? It seemed Granato played Salei and/or Hannan out there instead. If so, not a bad coaching move by TG.

-AB
Yeah, but if I recall correctly Hannan was paired with Clark most the night. Great to have Hannan out against Ovechkin, but not so great having Clark out there.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
There were quite a few giveaways by Clark right to the other team in our own zone but the Caps didn't capitalize so it wasn't as obvious. He's terrible.
OK, I really have been tuning him out. I do recall noticing him making good plays in our a couple times which is a couple times more than I am used to. I promise not to get carried away.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 03:43 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
How on earth did Salei get the third star. All he did was take a hooking penalty (big surprise).
Dunno about third star but that hip check he threw in open ice was nice. We sure don't see much of that kind of physical play from our defense. McLeod is probably the only consistently heavy hitter on the team. Lappy agitates but he doesn't deliver the real thumpers that often.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:39 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:

-AB
The Hannan-Clark pairing was matched up against AO and did a fantastic job. Say what u want about Clark, but he did do a pretty good job last night. Believe me Im no Clark fan either.

The pairings were:

Hannan-Clark
Salei-Foote
Tjarnqvist-Leopold(seldom used for some odd reason. I guess Granato doesn't trust them.)

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:11 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
The Hannan-Clark pairing was matched up against AO and did a fantastic job. Say what u want about Clark, but he did do a pretty good job last night. Believe me Im no Clark fan either.

The pairings were:

Hannan-Clark
Salei-Foote
Tjarnqvist-Leopold(seldom used for some odd reason. I guess Granato doesn't trust them.)
While TG has mis-used Leo all year I think his lack of TOI can be attributed to the AVs not wanting him to get injured prior to the trade dead-line.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Avsboy

Why do they want to trade leopold so badly? We got him for tanguay, and he's effective. Can't they trade clark?

Avsboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
Why do they want to trade leopold so badly?
I'm not so sure they do. Fans on this board and AD have speculated about it. That's about it.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
I'm not so sure they do. Fans on this board and AD have speculated about it. That's about it.
lots of people have speculated about it, not just us

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote