Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Our Ideal scenario (playoff wishlist)

Old
02-22-2009, 05:18 PM
catters078

vCash: 500
Our Ideal scenario (playoff wishlist)

A little bored on an off day so I thought I would outlay what I feel is the best scenario for the stars in the coming 6-8 weeks. Or what im hoping for

1-The Stars make the playoffs: first, foremost and most obvious, this team has copped every bit of s**t you can cop in a hockey season and we are still soldiering on, we deserve a playoff spot

2- Vancouver keeps winning; Let the canucks keep rolling and lock in the 5 seed, I want nothing to do with Chicago if we get in the post season, so im happy to see the canucks get hot and lock in a date with the blackhawks.

3-Richards comes back for min 2 regular season games- would love brad to get some ice time before the playoffs, get him ready and reunite him with Loui

4-Get the Heart and Soul back in the line up- Boy would I love to see Morrow in the 1st round of the playoffs (like every stars fan), he would be hungrier than any player in the post season and if he can hit the ice running, his impact could be pivotal...(not getting my hopes up though)

5-Out play Columbus Edmonton and Anaheim down the stretch; If we do it...we're in...and we would basicaly be the 6 seed and go up against a team we have had good success againt recently Calgary..

6- Stand pat at the deadline; I wanna go with what got us here, this line up deserves to be the guys that we live and die by this season...worry about adding pieces in the off season.

7- Get another shot at the wings; Might be a long shot this year...but I would love another playoff series againt Detroit, hopefully in the second round...have we learnt from our mistakes??

Thats my wishlist going into the last quarter of the season...

Would like to see what other stars fans have in mind that they would want...pretty similair or are there some differences there?

Go Stars!

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
I think the ideal scenario involves Detroit taking over #1 overall and San Jose dropping to #2.

Then you could get a potential bracket with Calgary and San Jose through the first couple rounds. And hopefully not have to play anyone from the Central until the WCF, if then.

So the 6th or 7th spot is the target. It's kind of tempting to hope for #7 and San Jose, if only because they will once again be under intense pressure to perform in the playoffs after another great regular season - and they'll have the doubt in the back of their minds as to whether they can really beat the Stars when it counts. But 6th and Calgary is still probably better, especially if there are several other upsets. You could even be looking at a series with home ice later on.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
sounds good to me

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
txdude5101

If Zubov wont be back we need to get another Number UNo D man
at the dead line

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude5101 View Post
If Zubov wont be back we need to get another Number UNo D man
at the dead line
So does just about every other team heading into the playoffs. The cost will be too high, no thanks.

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Caseman

Screw all that. I just hope we make the playoffs. We aren't in a position to decide who we want to face. The seedings won't be decided to the very last game of the season and I'm sure of it.

Caseman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

I wouldn't want another shot at the Wings unless we have a full healthy line-up.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
I'd like a bye to the finals, please.

Wait, what? That can't happen?

Ah, nuts.

*kicks empty can*

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I'd like a bye to the finals, please.
Yes. I like this idea. We earned it after last season...didn't we?

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Calgary is by far the optimal first round opponent in the playoffs. Call me crazy, but I see Detroit as beatable this year unlike last year. They have struggled this year, and we have actually beat them once this year (I think twice, but I could be wrong). Sure it was a home game, but that's better than the last few years.

It would be nice if another team upset either San Jose or Detroit (or both) though, and we would only have to face one of them in the Conference Finals or not at all. But that isn't very likely. At least there is a good chance Morrow would be back for the second round, which increases the chances of a long run if the team matches up against Calgary in the first round.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Stars99Lobo37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
I think twice, but I could be wrong
Should've gone with 3 times.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Caseman

Yeah, I don't see Detroit as the unsurmountable force they have been in the past for the Stars. The Sharks, despite the Stars potentially getting sweeped by them this season series, don't scare me either. I think the Stars are more in their heads than the other way around. Chicago, however, has filled that role gladly.

Caseman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Stars99Lobo37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
The Sharks, despite the Stars potentially getting sweeped by them this season series, don't scare me either.
I think that's because outside of one game this season, we're played pretty well against them IMO. And the one bad loss was the during the dreader start to the season. The one in San Jose was just Turco failing big time in a game the Stars more than deserved to win.