HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[OTT/NYI] Comrie & Campoli from NYI for McAmmond & SJ 2009 1st round pick

Old
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

vCash: 500
I think this is a good trade for both teams.

Garth Snow knows that Comrie won't sign a new contract with the Isles so he tries to fetch as much as possible for him. Ottawa and Murray believes Comrie will be able to help the team right now!! Murray also gets Campoli to help out the D and only has to give up a late 1st?

With Ottawa's good record the past few weeks and Montreal and NYR's freefall, I believe Murray is aiming both for the playoffs and damage once they get in it... That's how a Good GM works....

With that said, it's also a good deal for Snow and the Isles. This guy knows what needs to be done with that organization: a complete rebuild from the bottom, and with this pick, he'll (hopefully) be able to get a guy who can be a full time NHL-er or more.

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I think Islanders fans expected him to be their first line centre and carry their offense
That was last year, and nobody expected him to "carry the offense", just produce. I hated that they resigned him at the deadline last year instead of traded him.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic19 View Post
Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood unite!
Totally underrated part of this deal.

With the economy going where it is going, the small market Ottawa Senators need additional motivation for fans to go out and purchase tickets to see the local hockey team.

What better motivation than a chance to see one of these two celebrities at a hockey game.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
nyscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I think Islanders fans expected him to be their first line centre and carry their offense
Nope, just do something more than attempt that stupid ****ing toe drag every time down the ice.

The guy was GARBAGE on the island. I"m glad to see him gone.

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:34 PM
trademasterb*

Good deal for both teams. I actually like Campoli. Thought he was on his way to becoming a 50 point defenseman before injuries hit him. As far as the 1st rounder. It's very low but the Islanders need to acquire draft picks.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MVP of West Hollywd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
Imagine if the NBA draft occurred when all players were 18. The super stars to be are generally pretty obvious by that point, but 18 year olds can change TREMENDOUSLY in just 2 years. That adds so much uncertainty. Think of all the guys who have been lottery picks who nobody considered a mega-prospect when they came out of the high school. Your odds of landing a major contributor are so much higher as a result of this uncertainty.

Now, imagine if you could only play your starting linup for 18-20 minutes per night and had to use your 8th and 9th man almost as much as your starters. Imagine how much more relevant depth players become, and how big a difference a really good 9th man could have as opposed to Brian Scalabrine.

First rounders are very big in the NHL. Huge value.
Thanks

yea I just wasn't sure about the talent dropoff... in the NBA the dropoff from the 13-20ish picks, which carry a lot of pressure and expectations, and the 28-30 ones, is humongous... the very late 1sts are as much a crapshoot as the 40s ones, you just get to pick first. The guys in the 28-30 range probably have even less chance to make a difference because the top teams don't have room for them, if they keep the pick

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
40oz

Im not a Campoli fan so this deal looks great for NYI who could end up with someone like Tatar in the end.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Yeah and...

Still does not change the fact that Ottawa still has essentially no more success on the stat sheet than the Isles do.
And Comrie was brought in to score more goals. I know unbelievable right, he has scored 20 goals 5 times.

Hartsburgh really let our offensive players play their game right?

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Perhaps Murray wants to see how Heatley and Alfredsson do with comrie to see if Spezza is expendable for other assets? Just wondering aloud.

02-20-2009, 06:37 PM
PeterTheGreat

People keep saying that San Jose's pick will be 29-30. Where they are in the standings doesn't automatically mean thats where they'll pick. Im pretty sure the NHL recently changed up the format. If Im not mistaken it goes like this:

-14 non playoff teams are eligible for the lottery. You can only move up a max of 4 spots and only move down 1 (thats only if someone behind you wins the lottery).

-1st round losers get ranked in order of their regular season standings

-2nd round losers get ranked in order of their regular season standings

-Same thing for third round

-Stanley Cup finalists get the 29th and 30th overall pick (winner obviously gets 30th overall).

So unless San Jose makes the stanley cup final (which they may very well do), their pick may not be all that low. If they by miracle get bounced in the first or second round, their pick is somewhere between 18-26.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I'm beginning to really respect Garth Snow. Good for him and good for the Islanders.

If Comrie doesn't re-sign in Ottawa, Murray should be fired. Vermette or Fisher has to be traded now right?
COmrie was a salary dump, this deal was a 27-30 pick for a number 4 defense with a ton of potential

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
As much as people are going OMG "first round pick!!! why Ottawa why?!?" lets face facts. It's not Ottawa's own pick; It's San Jose's 1st rounder. judging by the standings it'll probably be the 29th pick in the draft, 2 short of 2nd round.

So giving up what is essentially a 2nd rounder for a young promising offensive defensemen with NHL experience seems well worth it.

I think Comrie thrown in might be just a curious move maybe hoping to restart his career or something.. not sure... or they could flip him for a 2nd and make the trade seem more lucritive on Ottawa's end.

I honestly believe Snow lost out on this, he could have gotten better than this, at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder on top of the late 1st.
Wrong

If San Jose were to lose in the first round the pick would be top 20

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:38 PM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
In all honesty, a 1st for Campoli and Comrie isn't all that terrible. The issue is the team that's getting them.
I hated this trade a first as a Sens fan, but I'm slowly warming up to it.

I would rather Murray have traded our 2nd instead of SJ's 1st but it's not like there's going to be a huge gap between those two picks.

McAmmond for Comrie is not a wash, Ottawa got the better deal between these two players. As bad as Isles fans think Comrie was doing, I can guarantee you that McAmmond has far less value than Comrie, he was essentially a waste of a roster spot.

Plus, Comrie actually played good in Ottawa in 07, unlike what a certain poster said a few pages back. His stats may not have showed it, but he was basically a 2nd/3rd line center who did a great job and brought a lot of energy every shift, maybe that will happen again.

Campoli for a late 1st seems like an overpayment on Murray's part, but Campoli is a good proven young defenceman who will be with this organization for atleast 3-4 years and I think a late 1st seems like the asking price for those type of guys these days.

I'm hoping Murray gets a 1st for Kuba, I know his play has warranted it, in which case it will basically be a UFA Kuba for Campoli trade, which I think favours the Sens.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:38 PM
wahoyaho

This is a huge gamble for Ottawa

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
So unless San Jose makes the stanley cup final (which they may very well do), their pick may not be all that low. If they by miracle get bounced in the first or second round, their pick is somewhere between 18-26.
They will finish 1st or 2nd so it won't be lower than 20th.

Old
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Wrong

If the season continues the way it's going and the Sharks win the presidents trophy, the earliest the Sharks pick can go is 26th, and that's only if the Sharks are ousted in the first two rounds.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Wrong

Wrong. 15-30 is playoff teams. Assuming San Jose finishes 1st or 2nd and both 1 and 2 loss in the first round they will pick 20th at best

Old
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Okposofan21

as an Islander fan, I am very happy with this trade. campoli was useless in his own end and comrie brings nothing to the table.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
DaveMatthew

If the trade was McAmmond + Ottawa's 2nd for Campoli and Comrie, what would the reaction be then?

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Claypool
Montreal is garbage.

Why did Ottawa want Comrie back? This trade doesn't make sense to me at all.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:45 PM
BackWithaVengeance

Ottawa got robbed, big time. Snow owned Murray.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
This is a huge gamble for Ottawa
It's not a gamble, they are 13 points out of a playoff spot and have lost 2 in a row.

They are done

Old
Peter10

Send a message via ICQ to Peter10
Nevermind this post, included wrong information.

Peter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
If the trade was McAmmond + Ottawa's 2nd for Campoli and Comrie, what would the reaction be then?

Well, the best(worse) case scenario, there is about half a round between the two.

28-30 and 42-47

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
Wrong. 15-30 is playoff teams. Assuming San Jose finishes 1st or 2nd and both 1 and 2 loss in the first round they will pick 20th at best
Yeah you're right but still, it'sa mind boggling trade