HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ian White

Old
02-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Niedermayer21

vCash: 500
What would the Devils have to give up to get Ian White?

Thank you!!!

Niedermayer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
TheFisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27 View Post
What would the Devils have to give up to get Ian White?

Thank you!!!
corrente?

maybe clarkson and a 3rd?

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:08 PM
drofnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeHead View Post
probably a 2nd, but i would rather keep him, kinda like moore.
Actually, those are two (White & Moore) are very similar to the players in today's trade (Campoli & Comrie)... anybody willing to give us a late 1st rounder for them?

drofnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofnats View Post
Actually, those are two (White & Moore) are very similar to the players in today's trade (Campoli & Comrie)... anybody willing to give us a late 1st rounder for them?
Moore is playing a heck of alot better than Comrie ...is good at faceoffs, plays in his own end, and has shown a bit of creativity in the offense ...as for White vs Campoli i'd call them a wash

So, I'd expect a slightly better package ...or very similar, but not less.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Moore is playing a heck of alot better than Comrie ...is good at faceoffs, plays in his own end, and has shown a bit of creativity in the offense ...as for White vs Campoli i'd call them a wash

So, I'd expect a slightly better package ...or very similar, but not less.
Yea, but Comrie actually has a history of succeeding in the NHL, whereas Moore's career high in points before this season was 18 points.

Comrie>>Moore.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:09 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Yea, but Comrie actually has a history of succeeding in the NHL, whereas Moore's career high in points before this season was 18 points.

Comrie>>Moore.
If by history of succeeding you mean history of floating then yes.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
trickster

Keep him

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
4th round pick or higher = gone

slopy as a d-man

3rd liner at forward

but the is veritile and cheap could be usefull
nonsense

Don't trade him.
He has character beyond compare.

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:47 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Yea, but Comrie actually has a history of succeeding in the NHL,
Link?

I agree with those who say White has improved, and that is exactly why I'd like to see him traded, in a package for the best player in the trade.
White+Stajan+Stempniak for a really good player, not just an average guy.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:49 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Even though it seemed like a logical move when taking player intangibles into consideration, pairing White with Gill was nothing short of a disaster. Neither player would benefit yet the failed experiment was was left to fester on the ice for the better part of two seasons.
Now under new management Ian has stepped up his game after working his way out of Wilsons early season doghouse, an undertaking which truly seemed hopeless in October.
His value is quite debatable, yesterdays Campoli/Comrie deal has no relevance as it was a multiplayer deal and therefore difficult to guage with whom the value lay. Honestly my best guess would be that teams inquiring about White would be doing so with the intent of picking up an inexpensive puckmoving d-man on the cheap. A return similar to what Atlanta got for Schneider would likely suffice but only if Burke is motivated to move him. As previously mentioned the level of that motivation would depend on what fate befell those bigger defensive ticket items supposedly available.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:52 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
We're a very fickle fan base. He really turned his game around this year though, plays like a whole new guy.
You have hit the nail on the head. White looked poised for a career in the AHL last season but he has elevated game after his stint in the press box and has never looked back.

Unless I get a real good offer, I am reluctant to deal White at this point. There are quite a few other that I would move before I would get to White.

He has been one of the Leafs' more consistent dmen the last little while and has proven his worth to the club.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:19 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Link?

I agree with those who say White has improved, and that is exactly why I'd like to see him traded, in a package for the best player in the trade.
White+Stajan+Stempniak for a really good player, not just an average guy.
imo, you won't get a really good player for a package of mediocre players, better to hope to get several 2nd/3rd/4th round picks of these type of players, that being said, i'd keep white, put him on the wing 3rd/4th line unless a gm want to overpay at the deadline. ottawa trade does imo, drive up the price of players like white, stajan, stempniak. maybe the sabres would want hometown boy stempniak to fill the void left by vanek? but i doubt it!

rumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
If by history of succeeding you mean history of floating then yes.
Comrie has multiple 20 goal seasons.

Comrie is a much better player than Moore.

Comries worst season (point-wise) was almost as high as Moore's best was. The only difference between the two seasons is Comrie only played 30 games that season

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:22 PM
embracedbias

Quote:

Comries worst season (point-wise) was almost as high as Moore's best was. The only difference between the two seasons is Comrie only played 30 games that season
To be fair, Moore's real value isn't really in his goal scoring. Faceoffs, penalty kill, leadership, work ethic, etc. So it really depends on the team. Comrie is probably more valuable to Ottawa because they need someone to put up points on the second line. For a team like Chicago or Philadelphia (with Briere injured), Moore would be more valuable.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:51 PM
drofnats

Quote:

Yeah but Comrie's only on pace for 28 pts this year, which would be his lowest since the lockout shortened season. This season Moore has double the points, 13% better at faceoffs and 1/4 the cap hit... If I'm a GM looking to bolster my playoff chances, I'd rather have someone playing well this season as opposed to previous.

That being said, Comrie had previously been a 45-60 pt guy, and that does count for something, so I'd still say Moore = Comrie in terms of trade value right now.

drofnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Mike Burrell

People are saying he was so much worse last year. I don't get that. I thought he was good last year too it just wasn't working out as well for him. He played a physical game and had a nice shot that just wasn't going in.

The one thing he consistently did (that he's worked on) was pinch when he shouldn't have pinched. That often lead to goals against but he was young and it would have made no sense to get rid of him because of one area of his game that could be worked on. I do think that's why fans got on him though.

Mike Burrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofnats View Post
Yeah but Comrie's only on pace for 28 pts this year, which would be his lowest since the lockout shortened season. This season Moore has double the points, 13% better at faceoffs and 1/4 the cap hit... If I'm a GM looking to bolster my playoff chances, I'd rather have someone playing well this season as opposed to previous.

That being said, Comrie had previously been a 45-60 pt guy, and that does count for something, so I'd still say Moore = Comrie in terms of trade value right now.
Comrie has been one of the most hyped disappointments in the last decade. If anyone remembers his arrival to the NHL, they'll know that he's always been a talented enigma that has disappointed, and failed to live up to the hype.

If you're a playoff team, you give up the same value for Dominic Moore. If you're in a position to compete, Comrie is not going to be a top 6 forward on your team and Moore is a superior 3rd line forward, at a fraction of the price.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

I defended White this whole offseason while everyone wanted to get rid of him for junk, now he is paying off.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:41 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
I defended White this whole offseason while everyone wanted to get rid of him for junk, now he is paying off.
I agree I think he's a keeper. The only way I trade him is if he's part of a package, you know a deal sweetener.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Sarge87

Send a message via MSN to Sarge87
Who the Leafs should keep to build around.

Tlusty
Stajan
White
Schenn
Pogge

Ian White's value to the club has increased a ton this season. He'll be there for a long time.

Sarge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
dont trade him, he's worth more to the leafs than anything he would bring back.

as for the campoli remark, remember that murray had been rumored to really like campoli for a couple of months now (first reported in december by garrioch i believe) and that murray stated after the game today that he intends to resign comrie (who he tried to resign after 2007, but was unable to match the islanders' offer due to the cap.)

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
David71

hmmmm good question pretty good dman MINUs the stupid looking moustache ummm a 3rd + a roster player

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:12 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
dont trade him, he's worth more to the leafs than anything he would bring back.

as for the campoli remark, remember that murray had been rumored to really like campoli for a couple of months now (first reported in december by garrioch i believe) and that murray stated after the game today that he intends to resign comrie (who he tried to resign after 2007, but was unable to match the islanders' offer due to the cap.)
Murray may view Comrie as your locker room saviour. It may not turn around this year but I definately think he'll help turn things around next year and get your boys back in line.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Patrick96

I think Moores never put up big points cause hes always been stuck on the 4th line..

But now.. hes been playing amazing.

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover007 View Post
leafs should keep him. but on the other hand since campoli got a first, i think white would be able to bring an earlier one back in a package deal like the ott nyi trade
i'd argue that Comrie got the 1st and Campoli was more of the 'package' deal that made that trade happen.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge87 View Post
Who the Leafs should keep to build around.

Tlusty
Stajan
White
Schenn
Pogge

Ian White's value to the club has increased a ton this season. He'll be there for a long time.

Kulemin
Stralman
Hayes
Stefoniovh
Schenn
Tlusty

these are the building blocks

Pogge + Stajan are available IMO.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote