HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #60 - 02.21.09 | NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
02-21-2009, 10:33 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
Renney has nothing to work with.

Here is what they need to do. Get rid of Redden somehow...maybe to dallas in return for Avery.

Somehow get rid of Gomez....maybe to Phoenix where they would be able to market him. Possibly including more players in an attempt to land Jokinen.

Naslund is not my kind of player. This guy was captain in Vancouver for 15 seasons? There is a reason why they didn't keep him. We're the only team in this league that goes and gets players past their prime, and then puts them on the first line.

My proiorities...in order...

1. Redden...get rid of this guy somehow.

2. Naslund...sure he has an ok contract, sure he is leading the team in goals. But he represents everything that the rangers have said they will no longer represent....contracts to players who are past their prime. Has a weak shot...soft game....and lacks the neccesary speed to do much of anything else.

3. Gomez.....HOWEVER....here is the thing. I've come to realization that it isn't totally his fault. The guy has nothing to work with out there. His game requires players around him to find the open areas of the ice. That isn't happening w/ a past his prime Naslund & a 3rd liner in Callahan on his line. The reason he worked well with Gionta and Elias is Gionta was a guy who found the open areas of the ice.....took things to the net in doing so-- while Elias was the shooter(who knows how to get open) on that line.
Maybe you're excluding Drury just because of the NMC but he deserves to be included with them anyway. 14 games now without a goal. Not much of a leader on the ice if you ask me.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
SpachoMan

Send a message via AIM to SpachoMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick26 View Post
Yes and yes.
Don't expect to hear that from the numerous homers on this board though.
And we have some serious homers here.
Interesting, though I disagree.

SpachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
The hot topic in Buffalo obviously is Miller's injury. I have a few questions for another team's point of view.

1. Do you think that it was a dirty play by Gomez?

2. Do you think it was a result of the Sabres not protecting their goaltender, therefore making Gomez feel he could hit Miller and get away untouched?
First off, I hope Miller is OK and I really felt bad when I saw him limping desperately back to the net. And to tell you the truth, there are a lot of Ranger fans who probably like Ryan Miller more than Scott Gomez right now.

On that note, I don't think he was intentionally trying to hurt Miller and I don't think it had anything to do with the Sabres not protecting him.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:41 PM
SaveByLundqvist

to whoever made the thread "Where has Dan Girardi's game gone?" watch the 3rd and 4th sabres goal again ... I dunno if it was discussed already but I needed to bring that up.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:42 PM
eco's bones

The Rangers can't score. Their best forwards are second liners. The team as a whole is too small but especially at forward. They are not aggressive or physical enough. They don't scare anyone. We go into games knowing that if we let in 3 goals we have little chance to win. There is no margin of error for the goalies. We have three contracts Drury (maybe the worst contract in the league), Gomez and Redden (maybe the second worst) which make it almost impossible to correct anything.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:42 PM
SpachoMan

Send a message via AIM to SpachoMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
First off, I hope Miller is OK and I really felt bad when I saw him limping desperately back to the net. And to tell you the truth, there are a lot of Ranger fans who probably like Ryan Miller more than Scott Gomez right now.

On that note, I don't think he was intentionally trying to hurt Miller and I don't think it had anything to do with the Sabres not protecting him.
That is how I feel.

The Buffalo TV stations, radio shows, and fans are up in arms over it though. Most of them expected Gomez to be headhunted as a result.

SpachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:47 PM
OverTheCap

More nonsense from Tom "Bubble Gum" Renney:

Quote:
Tom Renney: "I think the effort was fine. I didn't think we battled. You've got to gain respect. It's a game of intimidation."
Talk about mixed messages. Effort was fine but I didn't think we battled? No wonder why this team has no clue what their doing, Renney contradicts himself.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
More nonsense from Tom "Bubble Gum" Renney:

Talk about mixed messages. Effort was fine but I didn't think we battled? No wonder why this team has no clue what their doing, Renney contradicts himself.
Wow

He really has no idea what to do with this team anymore.
If the Rangers are embarrassed tomorrow night at home after the Howell/Bathgate ceremony, I can almost guarantee you he'll be gone.
It'll be the straw that breaks the back.

If I'm wrong, that means that Sather has already made the decision that he's going to stick with him the rest of the season.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:00 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Hey do you guys know if Lundqvist will be getting the start tommorow?

MSP4LYFE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:01 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP4LYFE View Post
Hey do you guys know if Lundqvist will be getting the start tommorow?
Most likely not

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:04 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tom Renney: "I think the effort was fine. I didn't think we battled. You've got to gain respect. It's a game of intimidation."

Prucha just got his pressbox ticket punched.

Hello Voros.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:21 PM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Most likely not
Why? You guys have struggled recently and cannot afford to lose points to the leafs, nor can we (leafs) afford to pick up points on you guys. Last time you guys played Valiquette you got smoked with 5 third period goals.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:28 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
Quote:

Prucha just got his pressbox ticket punched.

Hello Voros.
**** that, I don't care what any of the pro Renney people have to say, for this only Renney should be fired. Voros is useless he adds nothing, NOTHING, Prucha and maybe Korpedo generated more offense tonight than anyone else I saw, Dawes was alright too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Why? You guys have struggled recently and cannot afford to lose points to the leafs, nor can we (leafs) afford to pick up points on you guys. Last time you guys played Valiquette you got smoked with 5 third period goals.
Vally hasn't started in a while, this is probably one of his "slated" games, doubt Renney would change that.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Eric

Quote:
Didn't Vally get a shutout against the Leafs this year? If he doesn't start this game, I don't think he'll get another game for a very long time

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Nick00

From Eklund...

Quote:
* The Rangers game against the Sabres this evening is being called "a benchmark" game by people close to the inside. as one source said, "All hell could break loose were the Rangers to not compete this evening."

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Scott Gomez is NOTORIOUS for having contact with goalies. He's been that way forever.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
MSP4LYFE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Didn't Vally get a shutout against the Leafs this year? If he doesn't start this game, I don't think he'll get another game for a very long time
Yeah, Stephen Valiquette SO the leafs in there first meeting on Oct 17, and then in his next outing against the leafs he was on the hook for 5 goals, all in the third period.

We are a fairly high scoring team, and our team D as of late has been great, but heres hoping you guys bounce back tommorow and put some goals on the board. You guys could use the 2 points, and god only knows how bad we could use a top 5 draft pick this season.

Old
02-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Jersey Girl

Well, the Rangers really did give the opposition something to think about tonight...paying back Scott Gomez.

Did Duguay really say the Rangers need to acquire a 35-40 goal scorer at the deadline? Oh, really Ron? Is that all? Them and most every other team. Now that's insight.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:38 AM
CanadianPantherFan

And...what the ***** is the Rangers def. doing out there? Just watching the highlights leaving King out to dry. It really pissed me off

Not a Rangers fan at all, just love the King. He deserves better than that,cmon blueline.

CanadianPantherFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:44 AM
MaximusT

Guys..every morning I wake up and pray that I go on the Rangers homepage and see the headline
"The New York Rangers Fire Head Coach Tom Renney"

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:28 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
That is how I feel.

The Buffalo TV stations, radio shows, and fans are up in arms over it though. Most of them expected Gomez to be headhunted as a result.
smart move by scott. his way of making damn sure he wont be traded to buffalo.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Lennon27NYR

another miserable loss. : It's sad that we need a new coach to drill basic fundamental hockey into their heads. Renney obviously can't do it and neither can the players. For fruck sakes if theres 2 men in white on one guy in blue.. then hmmm a tingling feeling should come over them that another freaka leakin guy is open. Jeez! and SHOOT doesnt mean shoot at the opponent or the goalies chest. It's just too damn hard i guess to get pucks to the net. bleh. You all knwow this already, had to rant. Hopefully tonight won't be the same story book game. this dude kinda looks like Redden >

Lennon27NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:09 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
to whoever made the thread "Where has Dan Girardi's game gone?" watch the 3rd and 4th sabres goal again ... I dunno if it was discussed already but I needed to bring that up.
just wonder what you ment, he was only on the ice for the 3rd goal which was a 2 on 1. now I get it. Redden is where his game has gone.
Was at the game last night. Girardi played a strong game. Not perfect but competed hard.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:23 AM
ThirdEye

Having to see 5 more years of Redden floating around there being useless, making stupid plays, and taking up 6.5 million of cap space is going to be one of the hardest things any fan could bear.

Why why why were both Rozsival and him signed

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote