HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Komisarek

Old
02-21-2009, 08:42 AM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
Mike Komisarek

With talks of Markov being possibly involved to get Vinny, I've decided I'd much rather give up Komo.

...wondering what fans around the league would think he would get in return.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:58 AM
FutureConsiderations

vCash: 500
He's a rental. How much could the Habs reasonably expect? Why would Tampa accept Komisarek in return for Vinny since they're already out of the running for this season? Komisarek would just walk after the season is over...

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:18 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
He's a rental. How much could the Habs reasonably expect? Why would Tampa accept Komisarek in return for Vinny since they're already out of the running for this season? Komisarek would just walk after the season is over...
He's a RFA... not a UFA.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
He's a RFA... not a UFA.

He's most definitely a UFA.

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
timkerr

he's a ufa you can check in cap space in hockeybuzz or nhlnumers.com

Last edited by timkerr: 02-21-2009 at 10:37 AM.
timkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Odds are that if Komisarek did wind up in Tampa via a Lecav trade, they're already by an extension contract in place. It's just too much of a gamble otherwise for TB, especially as Komisarek would be one of the central pieces going south.

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

My bad.... then Gainey is a complete MORON if he's waiting untill the off-season to sign this guy. Montreal has 11 UFA on their current roster... WOW !!!

If i was a Habs fan, i'd be pretty worried as to what my lineup will look in October of 2009

Old
02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post
With talks of Markov being possibly involved to get Vinny, I've decided I'd much rather give up Komo.

...wondering what fans around the league would think he would get in return.
Komisarek should fetch quite a bit. I can see Montreal trading him as they need more offense

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Montreal Typical
Potato

Quote:
If i was a Habs fan, i'd be pretty worried as to what my lineup will look in October of 2009
I'm more worried about what our lineup looks like now. This team is a complete mess from top to bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Komisarek should fetch quite a bit. I can see Montreal trading him as they need more offense
We need more offense, we need much better defense, we need goaltending...

Honestly, having so many UFAs is a blessing. Many of those guys are deadwood anyway (Bouillon, Dandenault, Brisebois, Kostopoulos, Begin). Others don't bring anything we need (Tanguay, Kovalev) or are too old (Lang, Schneider) and it'll give the new GM quite a bit of room to work with. I say new GM since I can't imagine Gainey being here next season if this season remains the epic failure it has been so far. Whether Gainey is to blame for some (or many) of the team's problems, the fact remains that his five year plan has been a pretty big failure so far. 2007-08 was obviously a huge fluke.

Honestly, the only UFAs we should try keeping (and not at any cost) are Koivu and Komisarek. Maybe Kostopoulos too for a year, but I hate having a guy like him in the lineup as long as Carbonneau coaches this team. The rest is crap or don't bring anything this team needs.

Komisarek is a better defenseman than he has shown this year, but not as good as he showed last year. Koivu is still a good veteran, even though he has slowed down considerably.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:07 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
I'm more worried about what our lineup looks like now. This team is a complete mess from top to bottom.
And if recent history has taught us anything, you can't rebuild a team through free agency.

They can and should bring back Komisarek, Kostopoulos, and maybe Koivu (that's a touchy subject for Habs fans - keep the lifelong Hab or accept that he's clearly on the decline). Kovalev is probably out, which means they might keep Tanguay. They'll have enough space to go after Bouwmeester if they want, but I just don't know if that's a good fit.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
My bad.... then Gainey is a complete MORON if he's waiting untill the off-season to sign this guy. Montreal has 11 UFA on their current roster... WOW !!!

Says the Jersey fan who lives in Montreal... well I'm sure you're an expert when it comes to being the GM of your NHL09 dynasty, but why don't you leave the real world stuff to the professionals, thanks.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Says the Jersey fan who lives in Montreal... well I'm sure you're an expert when it comes to being the GM of your NHL09 dynasty, but why don't you leave the real world stuff to the professionals, thanks.
Why is that so ridiculous? I would be ******** myself if I had 11 UFA's.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Only 3 worth talking about though, Komisarek, Koivu and Tanguay. Kovalev won't be back and the rest I couldn't care less.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:27 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Only 3 worth talking about though, Komisarek, Koivu and Tanguay. Kovalev won't be back and the rest I couldn't care less.
so would you hope to rebuild your roster through free agency? you can ask Tampa Bay about that one.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Instead of concentrating on "omgz! 11ufa's!!", you should concentrate on who those players are. Really only Komisarek and Koivu are must sign's. Gainey does have the advantage of having a lot of options leading up to the deadline so we'll see. He is highly coveted man for a reason.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
so would you hope to rebuild your roster through free agency? you can ask Tampa Bay about that one.
The only ones I would want back are Koivu and Komisarek. There is no need to rebuild through free agency. The Habs have a deep pool of young talent.

Count of DannyKristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Uhhh... what? This may come as a surprise to you, but the players on your NHL roster aren't the only ones in the organization.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
8BostonRocker24

I have no idea why Montreal would trade him. I think he's overrated by most Montreal fans, he turns the puck over a fair amount, but he is one of the nastiest players in the NHL. He's one of the few defensemen that punish players for coming into the offensive zone.

Montreal is a soft, Euro-ish team. Komisarek plays with an attitude, he's boarder-line dirty and he plays with an edge. Montreal needs to sign him for 4 or 5 years and slap the "C" on his jersey. Montreal fans complain about how soft this team is, if they want a tougher team, this is the last guy you get rid of.

As a Bruins fan, I hate him but he showed me a lot when he answered the bell against a tougher Lucic earlier this year. This is the guy you build a defense around.

As an outsider, If Montreal is looking for a mini rebuild, start with Price, Komisarek & Markov. Build from the goal out. They need to gut their forwards, not their defense. IMO, Montreal's defensive core is a little under rated on these boards.

8BostonRocker24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:32 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Uhhh... what? This may come as a surprise to you, but the players on your NHL roster aren't the only ones in the organization.
so then you'll want to make a Penguins-style move, and have a roster full of AHL players? good luck on that one.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
so then you'll want to make a Penguins-style move, and have a roster full of AHL players? good luck on that one.
You're hopeless.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
The habs will rebuild the roster from within. You can also ask Tampa Bay about that one. Thats why Vinny wasn't dealt to the habs, because they wanted those players who will be filling the gaps for the habs next year. There is nothing wrong with bringing in a big UFA in the off season though..

Old
02-21-2009, 11:35 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
You're hopeless.
Lol whatever you say, but have fun with all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
The habs will rebuild the roster from within. You can also ask Tampa Bay about that one. Thats why Vinny wasn't dealt to the habs, because they wanted those players who will be filling the gaps for the habs next year. There is nothing wrong with bringing in a big UFA in the off season though..
No, bringing in a big UFA in the off season is fine, but bringing in a bunch of medium ones is what they did, and now look.

Old
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Does living in Montreal make me a automatic Habs fan

If my team had 11 UFA's... i'd be saying the same thing. Especially when it invalves players like Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek and Tanguay. You're talking about 4/5 of your top line for crying out loud !!!

With all the circus talk that is going on here for the past two weeks or so, I can just see a lineup of free agents lining up to sign here in the off-season

Sorry buddy, but "the real world stuff" is between the hands of YOUR Gm and apparently you guys are 2 points away from 9th and 5 points away from 10th. OUR Gm is making miracles once again with a no name defense and a 3rd string backup.

Olé... Oléoléolé.............. OLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉOLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ (love that song)

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 02-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old
02-21-2009, 11:39 AM
TheCH*

Quote:

No, bringing in a big UFA in the off season is fine, but bringing in a bunch of medium ones is what they did, and now look.
Ok i'll play along, you are right when you say look at them now. Thats why its good that they won't have the same line up next year.

Oh and also, those medium ones you talk about.. well Lang was their best player and so was Tanguay before he got injured. Its just bad luck, it has nothing to do with anything else..

Old
02-21-2009, 11:44 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Ok i'll play along, you are right when you say look at them now. Thats why its good that they won't have the same line up next year.

Oh and also, those medium ones you talk about.. well Lang was their best player and so was Tanguay before he got injured. Its just bad luck, it has nothing to do with anything else..
When Robert Lang is your best player.... you got bigger problems then just resigning 11 UFA's I.M.O.