HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Komisarek

Old
02-21-2009, 11:44 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Ok i'll play along, you are right when you say look at them now. Thats why its good that they won't have the same line up next year.

Oh and also, those medium ones you talk about.. well Lang was their best player and so was Tanguay before he got injured. Its just bad luck, it has nothing to do with anything else..
i was talking about the Lightning, dude.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
blarneylad

Lang is not Montreal's best player. Kovalev is and will show us why tonight!!

Komisarek would have huge trading value if Montreal became sellers. Some teams would give an arm and a leg to get a physical defensemen like him for the playoffs. Playoff hockey is different then regular season. Players finish checks and the game gets tight defensively. You need a solid D-man like Komisarek.

Having said that, I do not believe Komi is going anywhere. Contract negotiations will commence in the off-season and if nothing can get done he'll be shipped at the draft for a pick or two (hopefully high picks)

blarneylad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
When Robert Lang is your best player.... you got bigger problems then just resigning 11 UFA's I.M.O.
11 ufa's is not a problem, unless they lose Koivu and Komisarek. But yeah any idiot can tell this team has big problems right now as evident by losing 12 of 15. Things went south on this team in a hurry, maybe they can turn it around just as quick though..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Does living in Montreal make me a automatic Habs fan

If my team had 11 UFA's... i'd be saying the same thing. Especially when it invalves players like Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek and Tanguay. You're talking about 4/5 of your top line for crying out loud !!!

With all the circus talk that is going on here for the past two weeks or so, I can just see a lineup of free agents lining up to sign here in the off-season

Sorry buddy, but "the real world stuff" is between the hands of YOUR Gm and apparently you guys are 2 points away from 9th and 5 points away from 10th. OUR Gm is making miracles once again with a no name defense and a 3rd string backup.

Olé... Oléoléolé.............. OLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉOLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ (love that song)
You don't have to be a fan of the Habs but it tells you something about a person, your post is proof, typical anti-habs idiot calling Gainey names. We're under no obligation to keep any of the UFA's besides Komisarek, who will re-sign eventually in the end anyways, he won't reach free agency and that's all that matters. Tanguay hasn't made any significant impact yet to be considered, but he would be a close second on the list. It's particularly funny how all of a sudden Koivu Kovalev and Tanguay is a first line, typical of an armchair GM newb sticking photos with a little number on the bottom from 0-100 into a slot.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:58 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
You don't have to be a fan of the Habs but it tells you something about a person, your post is proof, typical anti-habs idiot calling Gainey names. We're under no obligation to keep any of the UFA's besides Komisarek, who will re-sign eventually in the end anyways, he won't reach free agency and that's all that matters. Tanguay hasn't made any significant impact yet to be considered, but he would be a close second on the list. It's particularly funny how all of a sudden Koivu Kovalev and Tanguay is a first line, typical of an armchair GM newb sticking photos with a little number on the bottom from 0-100 into a slot.
dude
you're a grouch lol

Old
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
elias026

Quote:

you just sayd to DEVILS ALL THE WAY that he can only be a GM in NHL 09 because he gave his opinion on your UFA's. Then you say Komi is besically confirmed to re-sign before july 1st, are you Komi or Gainey? how can you be sure he will. Maybe YOU signed him in nhl 09 and now you think its going to come to life

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
you just sayd to DEVILS ALL THE WAY that he can only be a GM in NHL 09 because he gave his opinion on your UFA's. Then you say Komi is besically confirmed to re-sign before july 1st, are you Komi or Gainey? how can you be sure he will. Maybe YOU signed him in nhl 09 and now you think its going to come to life
Oh look an other one came out of the woods, btw, how old are you?

Old
02-21-2009, 12:12 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
First off, any GM's that is heading in the off-season with 11 UFA's isn't doing his job according to me and especially when 4 of those guys are the "heart and soul" of the team. If New Jersey would be in the same boat, i'd be calling Lou a IDIOT but we aren't.... and he isn't. Regardin Komisarek, i didn't know you were his agent or better yet, the brother of miss Cleo for knowing that he'll resign without a shadow of a doubt in Montreal... you should've said so from the begining !!!

Anaheim is in the same situation as Montreal with 11 UFA's and i stand by my point... bad managing. Why is it that when we give a opinion regarding the Montreal organisation, it has to be something like "Price is god" or "Kovalev is better then Malkin" or else we're taged as "hab hatter's".

Grow up guy

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:14 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Grow up guy
yeah!

Old
02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
BeerHell

Quote:

Dude seriously, think just a little bit before writing next time, 11 UFA'S.... ONly one we should sign is Komisarek...that leaves 10 count it 10 spots..How are you gonna fill them..you hope to promote 10 AHLers...he's right when he says we should be afraid for next year line-up...If we we're having a great year I'd say the UFA's are gonna line-up to come and play here...but with the way the season is going no IMPACT UFA is gonna come here or they'Re gonna cost a whole lot...so maybe 1 big name ufa that leaves 9 spots to fill from the AHL...I'm sorry but I'm not confident that we have 9 NHL ready prospect for next year.

Think about it down the middle we would have
Plekanec - Lapierre - CHipchura - Maxwell that doesn't scare you? ok maybe the UFA is a center. it's still not that great

BeerHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
elias026

Quote:
Oh look an other one came out of the woods, btw, how old are you?
we talk about hockey and your asking people how old they are

Old
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
First off, any GM's that is heading in the off-season with 11 UFA's isn't doing his job according to me and especially when 4 of those guys are the "heart and soul" of the team. If New Jersey would be in the same boat, i'd be calling Lou a IDIOT but we aren't.... and he isn't. Regardin Komisarek, i didn't know you were his agent or better yet, the brother of miss Cleo for knowing that he'll resign without a shadow of a doubt in Montreal... you should've said so from the begining !!!

Anaheim is in the same situation as Montreal with 11 UFA's and i stand by my point... bad managing. Why is it that when we give a opinion regarding the Montreal organisation, it has to be something like "Price is god" or "Kovalev is better then Malkin" or else we're taged as "hab hatter's".

Grow up guy
It's strategy, "guy"

Called making everyone work their ass off for the next contract, on what was to be a strong team looking to compete for the Cup this year. But this team has no heart or soul, which still works itself out because we can get rid of all the trash and have a new face next season.

Again, out of all those UFA's, Mike Komisarek will not hit free agency on the 1st. You don't know **** about the habs if you try and argue otherwise.

Old
02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like wasting effort on little brats such as you.

Old
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHell View Post
Dude seriously, think just a little bit before writing next time, 11 UFA'S.... ONly one we should sign is Komisarek...that leaves 10 count it 10 spots..How are you gonna fill them..you hope to promote 10 AHLers...he's right when he says we should be afraid for next year line-up...If we we're having a great year I'd say the UFA's are gonna line-up to come and play here...but with the way the season is going no IMPACT UFA is gonna come here or they'Re gonna cost a whole lot...so maybe 1 big name ufa that leaves 9 spots to fill from the AHL...I'm sorry but I'm not confident that we have 9 NHL ready prospect for next year.

Think about it down the middle we would have
Plekanec - Lapierre - CHipchura - Maxwell that doesn't scare you? ok maybe the UFA is a center. it's still not that great
Even if you look like a Habs fan.... YOU'RE A HAB HATTTTTTTTTER !!!

I'll save you the trouble NEXT BIG THING

Old
02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:

Old
02-21-2009, 12:26 PM
elias026

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like wasting effort on little brats such as you.
this coming from the guy who thinks he knows everything thats going to happen with the team, he knows who MTL are going to re-sign and let go, who will be in the line up next year etc

Quote:
It's strategy, "guy"

Called making everyone work their ass off for the next contract, on what was to be a strong team looking to compete for the Cup this year. But this team has no heart or soul, which still works itself out because we can get rid of all the trash and have a new face next season.

Again, out of all those UFA's, Mike Komisarek will not hit free agency on the 1st. You don't know **** about the habs if you try and argue otherwise.
thats the problem everyone is playing for them self because they all want a raise and show what they can do

Old
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post
With talks of Markov being possibly involved to get Vinny, I've decided I'd much rather give up Komo.

...wondering what fans around the league would think he would get in return.
Mike Komisarek = Mike Commodore

so about 4 million a year at most

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:29 PM
BeerHell

Quote:
Even if you look like a Habs fan.... YOU'RE A HAB HATTTTTTTTTER !!!

I'll save you the trouble NEXT BIG THING
nice one

and you are right I'm a HAB HATTER

Old
02-21-2009, 12:40 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
It's strategy, "guy"

I could've gave you credit 10 years ago for the "strategy" of keeping 11 UFA's so they can all work they're ass off in order to land a sweet contract for next year but this "strategy" is a thing of the past.

You got players that underperform in their last year before entering UFA status and still get what they want and more. Here's a example you can relate to, his name is Michale Ryder... he sucked it up last year for you guys and was a healthy scratch on several occasions but ended up getting 4M$ from your long time rival Boston Bruins. Jeff Finger got a sweet deal from Toronto while being a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs last year for Colorado and teams aren't affraid anymore to overpay just to get the missing peace(s) they feel they need... hence the New York Ranger... aka Scott Gomez and Wade Redden.

Kovalev is gonna get his 4M$/year contract this summer. Might not come from Montreal but some team is gonna get him for what he wants and then some so he's not gonna break his neck for a team he doesn't give a flying woot about. Same thing for the other UFA's that are on a team that is in desperate need of chemistry and group counseling.

Thanks for trying... better luck next time PK

Old
02-21-2009, 12:41 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

Grow up guy
Think for a moment, Yes we have 11 ufa but 7 we don't give a **** about. So that number now comes down to 4 ufa that we need to sign.FOUR,doesn't sound so bad now eh genius.
Sign our 4 ufa and bring in 2-3 ufa from other teams and fill the holes from within.

Last edited by mytor4*: 02-21-2009 at 12:47 PM.
mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
BeerHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Well than use your brains if you have any instead of hatred. Yes we have 11 ufa but 7 we don't give a **** about. So that number now comes down to 4 ufa that we need to sign.FOUR,doesn't sound so bad now eh genius.
Sign our 4 ufa and bring in 2-3 ufa from other teams and fill the holes from within.
So those 4 ufa we need to sign are? Koivu, Komi, Tanguay and Kovy

so we need 3 d-men and 4 forwards, what prospect do you see filling these wholes?
when was the list time we brought in 2 - 3 UFA'S...also what kind of quality you expect the UFA to be? some more smolinski, samsonov...

Last edited by BeerHell: 02-21-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old
02-21-2009, 12:57 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHell View Post
when was the list time we brought in 2 - 3 UFA'S...also what kind of quality you expect the UFA to be? some more smolinski, samsonov...
Can't be any worst than the 7 we don't give a crap about..

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:00 PM
BeerHell

Quote:
Can't be any worst than the 7 we don't give a crap about..
I'm afraid we still gonna have 5 or 6 players we don't give a crap about next year..

We also shouldn't forget we have what 6 or 7 RFA which will get a pay raise...so that's less money to give away to all those rfa you wish to sign

Old
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Well than use your brains if you have any instead of hatred. Yes we have 11 ufa but 7 we don't give a **** about. So that number now comes down to 4 ufa that we need to sign.FOUR,doesn't sound so bad now eh genius.
Ok Bob, here's a question for you... do you really think that you'll be able to sign Kovalev, Koivu, Komisarek and Tanguay ??? If so, you do know that all four will demand a contract in the 4.5/5M$ range. You guys are already set to be at 23.3M$ and that's whitout the 11 UFA's and 6 RFA'S (only 4 of them are "important" in Higgins, Latendresse, D'Aggostini and Plekanec).

Fans in Montreal have been *****ing left and right because they can't land any important UFA's, so why would this year be any different ??? Granted, you guys have signed Bryan Smolinski and Roman Hamrlik in '07 and Patrice Brisebois and George Laraque in '08 but that isn't anything i'd brag about (other then Hamrlik). The Habs are celebrating their 100th anniversary and managed to land Brisebois and Laraque... plus the circus that is on going right now, you think any reasonnable person in his right mind would want to sign long term with the bleu blanc rouge ?!?!?

There's a BIG difference between being a Fan and being REALISTIC

Old
02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
BeerHell

Quote:
Ok Bob, here's a question for you... do you really think that you'll be able to sign Kovalev, Koivu, Komisarek and Tanguay ??? If so, you do know that all four will demand a contract in the 4.5/5M$ range. You guys are already set to be at 23.3M$ and that's whitout the 11 UFA's and 6 RFA'S (only 4 of them are "important" in Higgins, Latendresse, D'Aggostini and Plekanec).

Fans in Montreal have been *****ing left and right because they can't land any important UFA's, so why would this year be any different ??? Granted, you guys have signed Bryan Smolinski and Roman Hamrlik in '07 and Patrice Brisebois and George Laraque in '08 but that isn't anything i'd brag about (other then Hamrlik). The Habs are celebrating their 100th anniversary and managed to land Brisebois and Laraque... plus the circus that is on going right now, you think any reasonnable person in his right mind would want to sign long term with the bleu blanc rouge ?!?!?

There's a BIG difference between being a Fan and being REALISTIC

It feels weird...I'm a hab fan, a die hard hab fan..but I have to agree with other team's fan instead of my own fan base???

ANYWAY!! this thread should be about Komi's value if he was to be traded...whether or not he should be traded is another topic..and all of these UFA shouldn't be in this conversation.