HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was - Ana

Old
02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Was - Ana

Assuming Anaheim keeps losing and dropping from the playoff race. I understand its incredibly close so a major overpayment would be needed..

Washington:
Pronger (6.250)

Anaheim:
1st 09
Osala
Nylander (4.875) <--- just to make the salaries match
Jurcina (0.881)
Francois Bouchard
Lepisto

Anaheim is thin on RW prospects so Bouchard would jump to number 1 after Bobby Ryan is taken off the prospect list. Lepisto is a good puck moving d-man but if Anaheim has a lot of those he can be switched for something else. Jurcina was basically thrown in there as a little salary and to open another d-spot. Nylander of course for salary reasons. 1st in a very deep draft. And Osala is the main piece. Personally I think he would fit the Anaheim, gritty power forward mold perfectly. Big body not afraid to hit with scoring.

And also, with this deal, Washington doesn't really screw their future. These are all expandable prospects from their views.

Last edited by Selanne08*: 02-21-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:38 AM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Assuming Anaheim keeps losing and dropping from the playoff race. I understand its incredibly close so a major overpayment would be needed..

Washington:
Pronger (6.250)

Anaheim:
1st 09
Osala
Jurcina (0.881)
Francois Bouchard
Lepisto

Anaheim is thin on RW prospects so Bouchard would jump to number 1 after Bobby Ryan is taken off the prospect list. Lepisto is a good puck moving d-man but if Anaheim has a lot of those he can be switched for something else. Jurcina was basically thrown in there as a little salary and to open another d-spot. Nylander of course for salary reasons. 1st in a very deep draft. And Osala is the main piece. Personally I think he would fit the Anaheim, gritty power forward mold perfectly. Big body not afraid to hit with scoring.

And also, with this deal, Washington doesn't really screw their future. These are all expandable prospects from their views.
We wan't Alzner.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
We wan't Alzner.
so does everyone else

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
so does everyone else

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
yay

Quote:

Washington:
Pronger (6.250)

Anaheim:
1st 09
Osala
Jurcina (0.881)
Francois Bouchard
Lepisto

I think Caps do this in a heartbeat.

Which, unfortunately from a Caps perspective, means it probably isn't enough.

Not sure you can really project Bouchard too far yet. Still only a 20yr old AHL rookie. Likely 2 years away.

Jurcina and Lepisto may never be more than 4-6 D-men.

The 1st and Osala are the only parts that have good odds on being a 'good' NHL regular.

I think the Caps might have to include a current NHL regular or closer high level prospect. Fehr or Bourque come to mind, in order to make Anaheim do that deal.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
txpd

This is too many assets and too many contracts. Deals like this happen in fantasy sports. Not the real world. That is 6 players for one.

The Caps might well trade their top prospect other than Alzner(Carlson-Osala) and the 1st for Pronger and might add a 3rd asset, they would never gut their system like that.

Its just not done.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy17 View Post
I think Caps do this in a heartbeat.

Which, unfortunately from a Caps perspective, means it probably isn't enough.

Not sure you can really project Bouchard too far yet. Still only a 20yr old AHL rookie. Likely 2 years away.

Jurcina and Lepisto may never be more than 4-6 D-men.

The 1st and Osala are the only parts that have good odds on being a 'good' NHL regular.

I think the Caps might have to include a current NHL regular or closer high level prospect. Fehr or Bourque come to mind, in order to make Anaheim do that deal.
The whole thing about trading a current player for prospects is to know your talent evaluation and be able to project. The Capitals traded Robert Lang for Tomas Fleischmann and Detroit's 1st round pick. The leading scorer in the NHL on the day of the deal and not a rental.

Fleischmann was projected anywhere from a career AHL'r to a Elias type depending on the scout. Fleischmann is becoming a 30 g winger and the 1st round pick was Mike Green. Its easy to bust out on these trades, but in this case of Bouchard is a 30+ goal scorer and Anaheim knows it, they can get three top half of the roster players by choosing the right two prospects and drafting well with the pick they get.

That is what it is about.

Old
02-21-2009, 12:29 PM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:

Washington:
Pronger (6.250)

Anaheim:
1st 09
Osala
Jurcina (0.881)
Francois Bouchard
Lepisto

There's absolutely no way the Ducks do this. If a deal was going to be made with the Caps, it would have to be centered around Carlson, Osala, and a 1st, +.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
There's absolutely no way the Ducks do this. If a deal was going to be made with the Caps, it would have to be centered around Carlson, Osala, and a 1st, +.
There would absolutely be no addition to that deal. IF that offer was made Ana should take it and run.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Atlas

I wouldn't trade Carlson if I were GMGM. Cheap, young top D men are too hard to come by.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Talentless Practise*

Osala as the main piece for Pronger? Lol. Osala has a ways to go still

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
Osala as the main piece for Pronger? Lol. Osala has a ways to go still
If the guy is going to be a top line power forward with 40 goal potential, does it matter if he is ready next season or the season after? There are not many players like Osala that are going to be available from teams looking for a deadline trade.

Would you rather have Fehr? The Caps have three players that are going to be good top half of the roster wingers. Fehr, Bourque and Osala. Osala is probably the best of the three in the long run. Wouldnt you want him?

Old
02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I wouldn't trade Carlson if I were GMGM. Cheap, young top D men are too hard to come by.
Question: what would you give (from Caps POV) if you were assured to win the cup this season because of it?

I know it's purely hypothetical but in order to gauge the "right" value for Pronger, the value is between zero and the answer to the above question.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
txpd

Quote:
Hard to come by, yes. But the Capitals have Alzner already. Its not like Carlson is the only one in the Caps system.

How hard are players like Pronger to come by? Pretty hard.

Bottom line is that when you have a young team, where your best players are all young players, you can't draft what you are missing. Which is a veteran, stanley cup winning experienced top of the roster player.

Its really hard to win without a couple of those kinds of players. They have Fedorov at forward. A player on defense that also fills a skill set need would be what they need. They just cant get that from their system.

Old
02-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Question: what would you give (from Caps POV) if you were assured to win the cup this season because of it?

I know it's purely hypothetical but in order to gauge the "right" value for Pronger, the value is between zero and the answer to the above question.

That's a great question. The Caps look to be a player or two away from being a serious Stanley Cup threat. Dallas traded Iginla to the Flames for Nieuwendyk and it worked out for Dallas. The Flames traded Brett Hull for (I forget who, Rob Ramage?) and it worked out.

It's a tough call. At some point you make that kind of deal. The salary cap makes it even more tricky. I personally would not trade Carlson. But if that's what it took to get Pronger and GMGM did it then it wouldn't kill me. Pronger is a dynamite player.

Old
02-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
If the guy is going to be a top line power forward with 40 goal potential, does it matter if he is ready next season or the season after? There are not many players like Osala that are going to be available from teams looking for a deadline trade.
If that was his potential, then yes he would be very intersting. But it just isn't. He's aways from making any impact in the NHL, let alone being a 40 goal scorer.

My opinion obv.

Old
02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Deal Sealer

Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Interesting thread, If washington can move nylander with carlson+osala+1st. I can see this working out for both teams. I think Pronger improves the caps defensively and they have enough fire power on offense to overcome Boston and Philly. I would purchase a Pronger caps jersey... You heard it here first!

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Atlas

Pronger has been traded before. What did ANA get from EDM? It wasn't that much. Pronger has some baggage. Someone might pay a steep price, of course. I'll be surprised if GMGM traded the farm for him; but maybe.

Old
02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Pronger has been traded before. What did ANA get from EDM? It wasn't that much.
28 goal scorer in sophomore season
9th overall pick the year before
2 first rounders
2nd rounder

That's a hell of a lot

Old
02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
28 goal scorer in sophomore season
9th overall pick the year before
2 first rounders
2nd rounder

That's a hell of a lot

That is a lot, you're right. More than I remembered. How is that one looking from the Oilers' perspective? Pronger is a dominant Dman- no doubt about it.

Old
02-21-2009, 04:12 PM
0V3CHKiN

Someone posted a "Pronger to the Caps" proposal a month ago I believe. The people that commented on it liked the idea of sending:

Nylander
Osala/Godfrey (debated)
Carlson
whatever draft pick

for

Pronger

Knowing GMGM to be shrewd with his assets, it's highly unlikely he would do a deal as the OP suggested that includes that many assets. Another big thing in making this trade is whether this deal would mess up the team chemistry (see the Linden/Zubrus deal in 2000-01).

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Pepper

Quote:
That is a lot, you're right. More than I remembered. How is that one looking from the Oilers' perspective? Pronger is a dominant Dman- no doubt about it.
Smid is still with them, most likely will be a 4th-5th d-man over the career.

Lupul was traded for Pitkanen who was traded for Cole. That's not looking good so far.

The only Ducks 1st pick Oilers have used is Eberle (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it remains to be seen what comes of him.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Deal Sealer

Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0V3CHKiN View Post
Someone posted a "Pronger to the Caps" proposal a month ago I believe. The people that commented on it liked the idea of sending:

Nylander
Osala/Godfrey (debated)
Carlson
1st Round Draft Pick 2009 (late first rounder)

for

Pronger

Knowing GMGM to be shrewd with his assets, it's highly unlikely he would do a deal as the OP suggested that includes that many assets. Another big thing in making this trade is whether this deal would mess up the team chemistry (see the Linden/Zubrus deal in 2000-01).
It would have to be a first round pick. Pronger is still considered an elite player and his value should be treated as such, even if hes on an expiring contract. Just be happy your giving up Nylander. I'm not surprised if an additional third is thrown in to sweeten the deal of taking on Nylander's contract.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Smid is still with them, most likely will be a 4th-5th d-man over the career.

Lupul was traded for Pitkanen who was traded for Cole. That's not looking good so far.

The only Ducks 1st pick Oilers have used is Eberle (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it remains to be seen what comes of him.
The value then is alot different then the value now... you are comparing apples to oranges.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Anaheim:
1st 09
Osala
Jurcina (0.881)
Francois Bouchard
Lepisto
1. Oskar Osala is a former 4th round pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
2. Nylander is a salary dump that The Ducks don't need or want. He's signed for another 2 years at $4,875,000
3. Jurcina is a #6-7 defenseman
4. Bouchard was the 35th pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
5. Sami Lepisto is a 3rd round pick in 2004 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
6. Plus a 1st

IMO, Boston could top that very easily.
1. Joe Colborne is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 8.5 C
2. Matt Lashoff is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.5 B
3. Vladimir Sobotka is as good as Bouchard, the best prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
4. 2009 1st

No salary dump needed.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote