HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was - Ana

Old
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
The value then is alot different then the value now... you are comparing apples to oranges.
Pay attention, I wasn't comparing it to anything. Just telling how the trade looks right now.

Seriously Ericnut, you just make a fool of yourself

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
1. Oskar Osala is a former 4th round pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
2. Nylander is a salary dump that The Ducks don't need or want. He's signed for another 2 years at $4,875,000
3. Jurcina is a #6-7 defenseman
4. Bouchard was the 35th pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
5. Sami Lepisto is a 3rd round pick in 2004 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
6. Plus a 1st

IMO, Boston could top that very easily.
1. Joe Colborne is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 8.5 C
2. Matt Lashoff is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.5 B
3. Vladimir Sobotka is as good as Bouchard, the best prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
4. 2009 1st

No salary dump needed.
Using HF prospect rankings is asking for trouble.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
MrCementHead27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
That is a lot, you're right. More than I remembered. How is that one looking from the Oilers' perspective? Pronger is a dominant Dman- no doubt about it.
We did'nt want to trade him but really had no choice, he was'nt happy and really did'nt want to be there, we got Lupul who well he may be doing in Philly was a bust for Edmonton he had no hustle and no heart and was quickly shipped away , Smid who has potential to be a top 4 defence man at best and gets limited nhl time unless someone goes down with an injury, a 2007 first round which turned out to be Alex Plante who i have not been able to watch all that but seems to be a soild puck moving d-man who scored 38 points in 2006-07 but only managed 3 in 36 games last year but is having a good rebound year 38 in 60 games and a second rounder that ended up being traded away

Edmonton did'nt get a great deal for Pronger basically all thats left from that trade is Smid and Plante, it was a bad trade and anaheim got Pronger for a steal, although not sure i would trade alot of potential for him now he seems to be on a down slop mabye a good prospect, roster player and a first.

MrCementHead27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Using HF prospect rankings is asking for trouble.
Joe Colborne, Matt Lashoff, Vladimir Sobotka are better prospect then anything listed in the 1st post. Boston's 1st and Washington's 1st are equal. Either one can make it to the Stanley Cup finals. The proposal I listed also doesn't hand cuff The Ducks with a bad contract for the next 2 years.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
It would have to be a first round pick. Pronger is still considered an elite player and his value should be treated as such, even if hes on an expiring contract. Just be happy your giving up Nylander. I'm not surprised if an additional third is thrown in to sweeten the deal of taking on Nylander's contract.
I think if the Caps are involved in a trade with Pronger there is absolutely NO chance that Nylander is heading the other way. He has a no movement clause and I see no reason that the Ducks would want anything to do with him anyway. The Caps will move Nylander in a seperate deal to another team before they did a Pronger deal.

If they do make that Pronger deal I think it'll be something like:

Morrison
Osala
1st in 09
and maybe Josh Godfrey or a 1st in '10

It doesn't quite seem like overwhelming value is headed to Anaheim, but it gives them a decent young roster Defenseman to finish out the year and he's an RFA after the season is over, it gives them a potential top line Left Winger who has size and goal scoring ability, the 1st in 09 is self explanatory, and Josh Godfrey is a little bit of a project defenseman who's offensively gifted and has all the tools to be a major factor on an NHL powerplay unit at some point in his career. If Anaheim doesn't want Godfrey maybe GMGM is willing to give up another 1st in 2010 although he values 1st round picks very highly.

People might not think this is fair or whatever, but Pronger isn't having his best season and his best days are obviously behind him to a point. Also, you have to take into account that McPhee is a very shrewd dealer and there is Zero chance he overpays for a player in a deal, not even for Pronger. He'll get the deal he wants or he'll walk, if that leaves him without Pronger so be it, but I think Anaheim would be wise to consider that no one in the east could offer the quality that Washington could. All this being said I don't think Anaheim moves Pronger and if they do it will come with an Overpayment from an Eastern Conference club, but the club overpaying won't be the Capitals. McPhee probably makes some minor tweaks and let's someone else pay big for Pronger if he's moved.

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
Morrison
Osala
1st in 09
and maybe Josh Godfrey or a 1st in '10

People might not think this is fair or whatever, but Pronger isn't having his best season and his best days are obviously behind him to a point. Also, you have to take into account that McPhee is a very shrewd dealer and there is Zero chance he overpays for a player in a deal, not even for Pronger. He'll get the deal he wants or he'll walk, if that leaves him without Pronger so be it, but I think Anaheim would be wise to consider that no one in the east could offer the quality that Washington could. All this being said I don't think Anaheim moves Pronger and if they do it will come with an Overpayment from an Eastern Conference club, but the club overpaying won't be the Capitals. McPhee probably makes some minor tweaks and let's someone else pay big for Pronger if he's moved.
Boston could easily top that.

Old
02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Boston could easily top that.
with what? Lashoff isn't and won't ever be any better than Shaone Morrison. Sobotka doesn't have the top end potential of a guy like Osala, and Colborne is as much of a project as Godfrey if not more. Does Boston even have the cap space to fit a Pronger contract?

Edit: Either way, if Boston wants to pay more than the Caps so be it, George will walk and let Boston overpay. I don't think Boston can afford to take on a Pronger contract anyway, especially with some key guys needing new deals this offseason, it would be irresponsible Cap wise for Boston to make a move like that. They'll be looking for rentals.

Last edited by ColincampbellOscopy: 02-21-2009 at 05:02 PM.
ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:04 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
with what? Lashoff isn't and won't ever be any better than Shaone Morrison. Sobotka doesn't have the top end potential of a guy like Osala, and Colborne is as much of a project as Godfrey if not more. Does Boston even have the cap space to fit a Pronger contract?
You don't follow the Bruins at all, much less know anything about their prospects. Lashoff already is better then Morrison.

How is Osala considered a future "1st line LWer"... Am I missing something? Somehow he has more potential then Sobotka? He was scoring above a PPG last year with Boston's AHL team.

Colborne was Boston's 1st round pick in 2008, if Washington wants to match it, start including John Carlson, who was drafted 9 picks after Colborne.

Old
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Joe Colborne, Matt Lashoff, Vladimir Sobotka are better prospect then anything listed in the 1st post. Boston's 1st and Washington's 1st are equal. Either one can make it to the Stanley Cup finals. The proposal I listed also doesn't hand cuff The Ducks with a bad contract for the next 2 years.
Fine, make that assertion, but don't use HF to support it (use real stats, which I'm sure there are plenty). It'd be like me using NHL09 ratings to justify it or something.

Old
02-21-2009, 05:19 PM
EroCaps

Why would the Caps trade 3+ quality prospects?

These proposals are terrible.

Carlson, Alzner and Gustafsson are off the table.

1st round pick.
Francois Bouchard
Shaone Morrisonn
3rd round pick

Pronger
4th round pick

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
third man in

Quote:
You don't follow the Bruins at all, much less know anything about their prospects. Lashoff already is better then Morrison.

How is Osala considered a future "1st line LWer"... Am I missing something? Somehow he has more potential then Sobotka? He was scoring above a PPG last year with Boston's AHL team.

Colborne was Boston's 1st round pick in 2008, if Washington wants to match it, start including John Carlson, who was drafted 9 picks after Colborne.
What does draft position have to do with anything? I didn't like that pick for Boston then or now. As someone said already go ahead and overpay and bust your salary cap for next year.

third man in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post

1st round pick.
Francois Bouchard
Shaone Morrisonn
3rd round pick

Pronger
4th round pick
Because teams like Boston and New Jersey could also be bidding for him.

Old
02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
txpd

Quote:

1st round pick.
Francois Bouchard
Shaone Morrisonn
3rd round pick

Pronger
4th round pick
The Caps are not going to get Pronger without giving up a prospect that is projected to be a solid top half of the lineup player. You have to give to get.

The fact is that the Caps have several of those players and don't need them all.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:38 PM
0V3CHKiN

Quote:
1. Oskar Osala is a former 4th round pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
2. Nylander is a salary dump that The Ducks don't need or want. He's signed for another 2 years at $4,875,000
3. Jurcina is a #6-7 defenseman
4. Bouchard was the 35th pick in 2006 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
5. Sami Lepisto is a 3rd round pick in 2004 with a Prospect Grade: 7.0 C
6. Plus a 1st

IMO, Boston could top that very easily.
1. Joe Colborne is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 8.5 C
2. Matt Lashoff is better then any prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.5 B
3. Vladimir Sobotka is as good as Bouchard, the best prospect listed. Prospect Grade: 7.0 B
4. 2009 1st

No salary dump needed.
Boston would HAVE to send salary to Anaheim if they attempt to go after Pronger. That trade alone would put them over the cap. They also have Kessel, Thomas and Krejci to resign over the summer.

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Pay attention, I wasn't comparing it to anything. Just telling how the trade looks right now.

Seriously Ericnut, you just make a fool of yourself
Why the **** would it matter what the trade looks like right now? Burke made a great trade, and because of it the Ducks won the cup.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
GoGoGrabo

I dont want to give up Bouchard or Carlson. The Ducks can have Alzner.

GoGoGrabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Why the **** would it matter what the trade looks like right now? Burke made a great trade, and because of it the Ducks won the cup.
For god's sake, it was ASKED how the trade looks for the Oilers.

Please Ericnut, it shouldn't be that hard.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAttack View Post
I dont want to give up Bouchard or Carlson. The Ducks can have Alzner.
Wait, what? You'd give up Alzner over Bouchard? Wow.

Old
02-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Paul4587

Quote:

1st round pick.
Francois Bouchard
Shaone Morrisonn
3rd round pick

Pronger
4th round pick
Because you have to give quality to get quality. Pronger is a top 5 dman in the league who will give a huge boost to Washingtons blueline. None of the players you list in that proposal will be anywhere near the player Pronger will be so why would the Ducks do it? They're better off keeping Pronger.

If you want Pronger, you will have to give at least one of Carlson or Alzner and a first round pick.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
caliamad

Murray re-iterated tonight during the ducks intermission interview that if he does make a move, it would be surround his "young forwards" with other "young players". He made it clear that he doesn't like picks because they too far away from his core.

What that means to me is that he's looking for someone near mid-20s that is ready to play right now, not a project.

He may trade his lower value vets for picks, but I doubt Pronger and I think he's gonna try hard to re-sign Niedermayer for 1 more year.

Murray mentioned in the telecast that Niedermayer has been getting pressure to play in 2010 olympics and if he does go for that, he'd probably re-sign.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:00 PM
caliamad

Btw what is all this man-love with Alzner. Is he the 2nd coming of Dion Phaneuff or something?

He better be, because otherwise it would be an extremely silly move to hold onto him to pass on a chance at Stanley Cup with Pronger.

Pronger probably is a a-hole of the highest caliber, but the guy is talented and stands up for his team mates.

Anything less than a fool's Ransom would be a big fail by our GM in my book.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:38 PM
LASTAR

don't the caps need Giguere more than Pronger?

LASTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTAR View Post
What? Why? Giggy's not a backup, and Theo's better than him anyways (at least this season) so why should they make that kind of move?

This seems to be a common misconception around here. The Caps aren't in dire need of a starting goaltender, Theo's been downright good since Christmas or so. It's just those first two months that have killed his stats and make him look so mediocre. The only goaltending they might consider is veteran backup, but that's not a pressing need because they've got young guys right now that are getting looks as the backup.

Old
02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTAR View Post
No...not at all. Theodore has been playing at a 2.30/920sv% rate for the past two months when the schedule was the roughest for the season. Giguere has been pretty rough IIRC.

On defense the only experience D the Caps have is Tom Poti. They need another player at least as good as Poti with at least as much experience. Pronger is far more than that. Yea...the Caps need Pronger or Kaberle or if they can't get them a player like O'Donnell or Hedican.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
amjay13

Fehr
Morrisson
1st 09

for

Pronger

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote