HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-phi

Old
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM
martin27

vCash: 500
Col-phi

Phi-
Budaj
Svatos
Clark

Col-
Niittymaki
Jones
Upshall
Nodl

martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

How about Avs keep Svatos

Philly keeps everything but Nodl

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
itstheroc87

why would philly do this?!?

itstheroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:21 PM
martin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheroc87 View Post
why would philly do this?!?
What sort of helpful reply is this?!?!?!

martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Budaj is a downgrade from both of our Goalies.

Upshall brings a physical element to the table forward wise, and if we dealt him we would only have Hartnell providing that. Lupul has gotten terribly soft.

I don't know much about Clark, but I would hope he isn't as bad as Jones if that were a possible deal.

I'd still hate to really swap Budaj and Niitty as well as lose our enegerizer bunny [Upshall]

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:27 PM
mercury

Not interested from Philly's perspective.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Holmgren wouldnt hesitate to hang up the phone. They lose one of their 2 physical, skilled forwards, downgrade at goal, and they really have no need for Svatos. As a neutral fan, Philly passes.

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin27 View Post
What sort of helpful reply is this?!?!?!
him and I both want you to explain why philly does this and how it improves us??

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
18Mike18

avs dont do it

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Flyers dont want Budaj

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:03 PM
BrindamoursNose

Budaj sucks, Clark doesn't help anything, and Svatos would just be adding another winger.

Bad bad bad bad trade

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

This is basically lateral swaps. I'd imagine Philly would want something to help them win now, while the Avs would want assets to help them rebuild. Doesn't really make sense for either team.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike Richards 18

Just doesnt work between these two teams.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Just doesnt work between these two teams.
I agree. Whole lot of swapping mediocre/junk pieces for no reason. The only players of decent value there are Upshall and Svatos.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
This is basically lateral swaps. I'd imagine Philly would want something to help them win now, while the Avs would want assets to help them rebuild. Doesn't really make sense for either team.
This isn't lateral swaps. Budaj is terrible, Clark is at best equal to or slightly better than Jones, and Upshall brings more to the Flyers than Svatos would. Throwing Nodl in there for nothing is just the icing on the fail cake.

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Cartered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
I agree. Whole lot of swapping mediocre/junk pieces for no reason. The only players of decent value there are Upshall and Svatos.
Junk on the part of Colorado, but three out of the four players on the Flyers' side are good or at least serviceable. Niittymaki has been far better than Biron this season, and both of them are better than Budaj. Nodl is also one of the better prospects in the Flyers' system, and he'd be one of the Avs' best prospects if this trade happened.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbphilly View Post
Junk on the part of Colorado, but three out of the four players on the Flyers' side are good or at least serviceable. Niittymaki has been far better than Biron this season, and both of them are better than Budaj. Nodl is also one of the better prospects in the Flyers' system, and he'd be one of the Avs' best prospects if this trade happened.
No, he wouldn't.

The way I see it

Svatos>Upshall
Clark>Jones
Budaj<Niitymaaki

Nodl is there to "even it up". It's an all around bad proposal that doesn't help either team.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
This isn't lateral swaps. Budaj is terrible, Clark is at best equal to or slightly better than Jones, and Upshall brings more to the Flyers than Svatos would. Throwing Nodl in there for nothing is just the icing on the fail cake.
Niittymaki is terrible as well. If we want to really argue which ****** goalie is better, he wins but what does it really matter when neither is good as a starter? Clark, for as much as Avs fans hate him, IS better than Jones. But it really doesn't make sense from a Flyers POV to move him because the upgrade isn't significant enough to push them over the top. Upshall brings more to the Flyers but he'd be lucky to be a top 6 in Colorado. He's cheaper than Svatos (barely) but he's overrated to hell and not as good a scorer as Svatos (which Philly DOESN'T need). Nodl is a solid prospect, and the only interesting piece from an Avs POV, but to say he'd be the best prospect in our system is ignorant.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Cartered

Quote:
Niittymaki is terrible as well. If we want to really argue which ****** goalie is better, he wins but what does it really matter when neither is good as a starter? Clark, for as much as Avs fans hate him, IS better than Jones. But it really doesn't make sense from a Flyers POV to move him because the upgrade isn't significant enough to push them over the top. Upshall brings more to the Flyers but he'd be lucky to be a top 6 in Colorado. He's cheaper than Svatos (barely) but he's overrated to hell and not as good a scorer as Svatos (which Philly DOESN'T need). Nodl is a solid prospect, and the only interesting piece from an Avs POV, but to say he'd be the best prospect in our system is ignorant.
Reading is fun.

I didn't say he'd be the best, I said he'd be one of the best. The only forward in the Avs' system who is better than Nodl at the moment is Chris Stewart. Unless you and PeterTheGreat think Galiardi and Stoa are better, in which case we can agree to disagree.

Niittymaki is 13-5-4 this season, while Biron is 18-12-5 and Budaj is 16-23-1. Niittymaki is better than Biron, and they're both better than Budaj. Niittymaki isn't terrible; he's pretty much become the starting goalie in Philadelphia with the ****** play of Biron. Don't pretend that you wouldn't take Niittymaki over Budaj in a heartbeat.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I didn't say he'd be the best, I said he'd be one of the best. The only forward in the Avs' system who is better than Nodl at the moment is Chris Stewart. Unless you and PeterTheGreat think Galiardi and Stoa are better, in which case we can agree to disagree.
If we're talking forward prospects he looks to be ahead of both of them. The guy has solid upside, which is why I said he'd be of interest, but he isn't anything I'd go ape over at this point. His upside looks to be second line winger, which is nothing to be ashamed of. He can definitely end up better, but also realize the Avs have a history of churning out these types of players seemingly out of nowhere.

Quote:
Niittymaki is 13-5-4 this season, while Biron is 18-12-5 and Budaj is 16-23-1. Niittymaki is better than Biron, and they're both better than Budaj. Niittymaki isn't terrible; he's pretty much become the starting goalie in Philadelphia with the ****** play of Biron. Don't pretend that you wouldn't take Niittymaki over Budaj in a heartbeat.
It's nice Niittymaki is having a good season, but what has he ever proven over his career to show this is anything but a streak? As a 20ish game backup he had good numbers last year, but when he was played as a starter the year(s) before that he sucked awful. He isn't a long-term answer for us, period. He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Cartered

Quote:
If we're talking forward prospects he looks to be ahead of both of them. The guy has solid upside, which is why I said he'd be of interest, but he isn't anything I'd go ape over at this point. His upside looks to be second line winger, which is nothing to be ashamed of. He can definitely end up better, but also realize the Avs have a history of churning out these types of players seemingly out of nowhere.

It's nice Niittymaki is having a good season, but what has he ever proven over his career to show this is anything but a streak? As a 20ish game backup he had good numbers last year, but when he was played as a starter the year(s) before that he sucked awful. He isn't a long-term answer for us, period. He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.
Then keep Budaj then. Christ. My point was that Niittymaki is better/worth more than Budaj, and you seem to agree, so fine.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Niitty is better than Budaj, and the Avs need a better goalie -- better than both Budaj AND Niitty.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Then keep Budaj then. Christ. My point was that Niittymaki is better/worth more than Budaj, and you seem to agree, so fine.
I agreed in my first post, though I said the difference is/would be marginal (from an Avs POV).

Old
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
pcgflyers12*

hey, how bout NO!!!!!!!!!!

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
I'd rather keep Jones, Upshall, Niittymaki and Nodl over the junk being offered by the Avalanche in this trade. Budaj stinks. Svatos is overrated. Clark blows.

Quote:
He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.

Wouldn't be so sure that's a bad thing for Colorado.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote