HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild-Rangers

Old
02-21-2009, 06:28 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Wild-Rangers

Wild:
Gomez

Rangers:
Gaborik
Bergeron

Conditional:
If Gaborik is not healthy by the end of March you'll also acquire 2009 4th round pick, 2010 2nd round pick

We get a player most Rangers fans don't want anymore anyways. Huge salary dump, and we get someone who has played under JL before and understands our system.

Rags get the possibility of a revitalized Gaborik who will want to prove his wants to stay in the EC and is vital to the team, and with this last surgery supposedly helping to cure his glass lower body, he could finally reach full potential either this year in a playoff run (which is where he normally thrives baring in mind last year against the Avs he was playing hurt) or can help make a division run in 2009/2010. Also getting a great d-man who can play the position pretty well for his price (around $1.45M)

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:36 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Done

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Done. Done. Done. Done. Done in a heartbeat.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Section311

rangers do this in a second

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Wild:
Gomez

Rangers:
Gaborik
Bergeron

Conditional:
If Gaborik is not healthy by the end of March you'll also acquire 2009 4th round pick, 2010 2nd round pick

We get a player most Rangers fans don't want anymore anyways. Huge salary dump, and we get someone who has played under JL before and understands our system.

Rags get the possibility of a revitalized Gaborik who will want to prove his wants to stay in the EC and is vital to the team, and with this last surgery supposedly helping to cure his glass lower body, he could finally reach full potential either this year in a playoff run (which is where he normally thrives baring in mind last year against the Avs he was playing hurt) or can help make a division run in 2009/2010. Also getting a great d-man who can play the position pretty well for his price (around $1.45M)
Not only do the rangers get to dump gomez's salary but we get gaborik in return.......DONE

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:41 AM
mrhockey193195

I would do this in a heartbeat.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:44 AM
BigT2002

My Wild colleagues will probably eat me for breakfast but I'm tired of the cancer and I want a player who will be able to play into this system and can hopefully elevate the way this team plays with some NJ influence. Gaborik is "supposed" to be dressed by the 15th next month, so we shall see...but I also would make it fair for Rangers if for some reason he goes down the entire time and doesn't even dress once in blue and leaves as an UFA. Saves us about $2M in caproom with this move as well and hopefully we can sign someone to play on the wing. Foster should be ready soon as well and we need to dump someone on the blueline so he can play. Bergeron is the odd man out in my book. Guys throw in Voros you'll make me a lil happier as well

Old
02-21-2009, 07:12 AM
jniklast

sather pick up the phone and call your buddy, just like you did with fritsche...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:23 AM
SML

No backsies!

Wait, you want Voros too? You are the man! Double done!

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:32 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
No backsies!

Former Wild player, who I think realized he needs the team more than the team needs him. I'd give him a shot again on the 4th line.

Old
02-21-2009, 07:35 AM
mnwildfan79

Quote:
Wild:
Gomez

Rangers:
Gaborik
Bergeron

Conditional:

DONE!!!!!

If DR pulled this move I could take the 8k I spend on season tickets and get a boat in time for fishing opener. Hell if I take the money saved on playoff tickets too I could get a nice trailer for it and and old truck to pull it.

Seriously man, I'm sure you can tell by now due to all the Rags fans jumping up and down screaming "yes, yes!" but this is a brutal proposal for the Wild. Gomez has negative value with his albatross contract. Throughout all the mistakes DR has seemingly made the one thing he has done is keep us away from terrible long term contracts like this and if he was going to trade for this type of contract it would have to come with some sort of huge overpayment along with it (think Dubinsky + 1st + ?).

So to recap...

Letting MA Bergeron and Marian Gaborik walk for nothing in June>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gomez

mnwildfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:35 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
No backsies!

Trust me I have my reasons behind it lol

Old
02-21-2009, 07:38 AM
grabo84

I assumed it was a rangers fan making the proposal.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:38 AM
mnwildfan79

Quote:
Former Wild player, who I think realized he needs the team more than the team needs him. I'd give him a shot again on the 4th line.
Oh yeah and throw in Reitz too, he was a character guy.

Since we'll be too loaded on the blueline again we'll throw in your choice of Burns of Shultz.

Old
02-21-2009, 07:39 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildfan79 View Post
DONE!!!!!

If DR pulled this move I could take the 8k I spend on season tickets and get a boat in time for fishing opener. Hell if I take the money saved on playoff tickets too I could get a nice trailer for it and and old truck to pull it.

Seriously man, I'm sure you can tell by now due to all the Rags fans jumping up and down screaming "yes, yes!" but this is a brutal proposal for the Wild. Gomez has negative value with his albatross contract. Throughout all the mistakes DR has seemingly made the one thing he has done is keep us away from terrible long term contracts like this and if he was going to trade for this type of contract it would have to come with some sort of huge overpayment along with it (think Dubinsky + 1st + ?).

So to recap...

Letting MA Bergeron and Marian Gaborik walk for nothing in June>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gomez
Oh I know bro lol. At this point the team is in shambles anyways, I'd rather get something instead of nothing for Gaborik. I'd be a little interested to see what he could do back in his old style of play and his old coach. Never know what someone can do.

Plus I want an Original 6 SCF

Old
02-21-2009, 07:39 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildfan79 View Post
Oh yeah and throw in Reitz too, he was a character guy.

Since we'll be too loaded on the blueline again we'll throw in your choice of Burns of Shultz.
Burn is going to be our new starting LW anyways didn't you know

Old
02-21-2009, 07:43 AM
mnwildfan79

Quote:
Oh I know bro lol. At this point the team is in shambles anyways, I'd rather get something instead of nothing for Gaborik. I'd be a little interested to see what he could do back in his old style of play and his old coach. Never know what someone can do.

Plus I want an Original 6 SCF

Quote:
Burn is going to be our new starting LW anyways didn't you know
Okay you got me. I didn't know this thread was for lols.

Don't be pulling that crap this early in the morning!

Old
02-21-2009, 08:34 AM
pmorris

Quote:
No backsies!

Just what I was thinking too. Somewhere in this favored land, Petr prucha would rejoice.

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
please oh please oh please oh please....

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I proposed Gomez for Gaborik in the Rangers forum last month.You can send keep Bergeron and send us Zidlicky's $3.35 million for next season.

Gomez never played for Jacques but he played in the same system in Jersey.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:01 AM
nickschultzfan

A big HELL NO from a Wild fan. I don't want Gomez's contract or Voros touching the Wild. Gomez has near zero trade value.

This is obviously posted by a Rangers fan who doesn't actually watch the Wild. The Wild don't need any more playmakers. We need snipers and that's it. And go figure, that's what Gaborik is. The Wild will not trade Gaborik unless they tank the next 6 games or they get a shooter coming back in the deal.

And Gaborik is not a cancer in the locker room because he is never with the team, 90 percent of the time he has been rehabbing in Colorado since early Jan. And when he's with the team, his definitely not a cancer.

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Is this the first time that fans from both teams agree in a trade proposal? This is uncanny.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

what's Gabby's status?

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
BigT2002

Quote:
Gaborik is "supposed" to be dressed by the 15th next month...

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
A big HELL NO from a Wild fan. I don't want Gomez's contract or Voros touching the Wild. Gomez has near zero trade value.

This is obviously posted by a Rangers fan who doesn't actually watch the Wild. The Wild don't need any more playmakers. We need snipers and that's it. And go figure, that's what Gaborik is. The Wild will not trade Gaborik unless they tank the next 6 games or they get a shooter coming back in the deal.

And Gaborik is not a cancer in the locker room because he is never with the team, 90 percent of the time he has been rehabbing in Colorado since early Jan. And when he's with the team, his definitely not a cancer.
Did you read the opening post? He referred to the Wild team as "WE" thus leading me to believe that he's a Wild fan who I'd assume watches the team.

I'd say yes, only b/c the Rangers need to dump one of their big salaries. I wish anyone would take Redden before dumping Gomer as he'll get better with better players on his wings but if this is the deal avail then so be it.

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote