HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal- Bos-ana

Old
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
muskiefish

vCash: 500
or keep the 1st make it a 2nd and send us Wideman or Kessel

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiefish View Post
Your crazy RYAN aint goin anywhere the ducks arent stupid like the leafs of rangers
Ryan is as likely to be traded as Bergeron is.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
canuckulous

Pronger is the last player on earth the Bruins need. Last time I checked the Bruins defense is pretty solid. Unless Prongs is gonna play LW ?

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Your crazy RYAN aint goin anywhere the ducks arent stupid like the leafs of rangers
What about my crazy RYAN?

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Begeron has little value now. If there is one thing that drops a young players value like a rock it's concussion problems. I would think you would have to make it Bergeron, Lashoff, Sturm and a 1st.
Boston would laugh even harder.

Old
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I forgot how many 70+ point seasons Krejci has had.

My mistake.
Have you forgotten how many concussions Krejci has had as well? If you want to use past seasons you cant overlook the bad. Fact is, Bergeron hasnt been close to the offensive force that he was before his injuries.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Ryan is as likely to be traded as Bergeron is.
No, he really isnt.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Have you forgotten how many concussions Krejci has had as well? If you want to use past seasons you cant overlook the bad. Fact is, Bergeron hasnt been close to the offensive force that he was before his injuries.
Have you forgotten to watch the games? Bergeron has been better than Krejci almost every game he's played this year. Again, call me back once Krejci hits 70 points in consecutive seasons. Until then, don't even try to make a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
No, he really isnt.
Yes, he really is.

Old
02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
same thing happened in ANA with Scotty Niedermyer and you want to trade your best young D-man away= bad move. Wideman could be another younger Niedermyer he's a great skater and a force on the PP
The Ducks traded their best young Dman in order to get Pronger which won them a cup. It's all about the GM's mentality, giving pronger to Boston would be unreal. You could guarantee that one of Pronger, Chara or Wideman is on the ice at all times. That would be unreal and with the emergence of Krejci, Bergeron becomes expandable.

Would Bergeron, Lashoff, and a 2/3rd round pick be too much? Sure, the Ducks need and could use a 1st round pick, but scoring a 2nd line center and another up and coming Dman would be much better than getting a 1st round pick from the Ducks perspective IMO.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:54 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Would Bergeron, Lashoff, and a 2/3rd round pick be too much? Sure, the Ducks need and could use a 1st round pick, but scoring a 2nd line center and another up and coming Dman would be much better than getting a 1st round pick from the Ducks perspective IMO.
I can't see the Ducks taking that. As a Bruins fan, I make that move (Which makes me believe the Ducks would want more.)

I've been beating the "Pronger to Boston" drum for about 2 months now. Here would be my 1st offer, I'm sure the Ducks would want more:
For Niedermayer:
1. Joe Colborne or Zach Hamill
2. 1st in 2009

For Pronger:
1. Matt Lashoff
2. Joe Colborne or Zach Hamill
3. 1st in 2009

Might not get it done, but it should be a starting point

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
The Ducks traded their best young Dman in order to get Pronger which won them a cup. It's all about the GM's mentality, giving pronger to Boston would be unreal. You could guarantee that one of Pronger, Chara or Wideman is on the ice at all times. That would be unreal and with the emergence of Krejci, Bergeron becomes expandable.

which is why a trade to Bos involving Pronger would have to include Wideman in return as well as the guys that were mentioned by you

Old
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Nikita Filatov*

As good as Pronger is Boston isn't trading anyone vital to the future like Wideman or our 2nd best center (bergeron). It would be top prospects and high picks going to Anaheim, which is why I doubt a trade gets done.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
which is why a trade to Bos involving Pronger would have to include Wideman in return as well as the guys that were mentioned by you
Maybe so, but Smid was still considered a prospect when he was traded I believe. So i was meaning top Defensive prospect(Lashoff according to HF) plus an at the very least least a solid defensive 2nd line center if he doesn't gain his offense back. Then the pick, maybe a first would have to go, but as Murray said he wants young near NHL ready talent over picks and prospects.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
As good as Pronger is Boston isn't trading anyone vital to the future like Wideman or our 2nd best center (bergeron). It would be top prospects and high picks going to Anaheim, which is why I doubt a trade gets done.
I agree with you but i dont think it would take both Berg's and Wide's for this deal to happen. 1 or the other plus a pick and a prospect would likely make it happen

Old
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
I agree with you but i dont think it would take both Berg's and Wide's for this deal to happen. 1 or the other plus a pick and a prospect would likely make it happen
I'm saying they wouldn't trade Bergeron or Wideman...

Old
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
RonSimmons

Quote:

Talk about overpayment. The only way I do that is something like this:

To ANA:
Bergeron
Reich
6th

To BOS
Pronger
2nd

Bergeron is young, has proven himself, and injury concerns are there obviously, but he's only 22, i'd be hard pressed to trade him for pronger straight up. In Boston, we've seen what he can do and how well he plays when healthy. It's not a knock on Pronger so much as posters seemingly giving up on Bergeron already.

RonSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSimmons View Post
Talk about overpayment. The only way I do that is something like this:

To ANA:
Bergeron
Reich
6th

To BOS
Pronger
2nd

Bergeron is young, has proven himself, and injury concerns are there obviously, but he's only 22, i'd be hard pressed to trade him for pronger straight up. In Boston, we've seen what he can do and how well he plays when healthy. It's not a knock on Pronger so much as posters seemingly giving up on Bergeron already.
LOL did this work on your NHL 09 game or something?? You have got to be kidding me if offered Bergeron for Pronger straight up you wouldn't take it. He is your 3rd line center for crying out loud. Having one of Pronger and Chara on the ice for basically the entire game would be unreal and would make Boston the even more clear cut favorite to win the East and have a legitimate shot at the cup. Oh, and he's 23.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
LOL did this work on your NHL 09 game or something?? You have got to be kidding me if offered Bergeron for Pronger straight up you wouldn't take it. He is your 3rd line center for crying out loud. Having one of Pronger and Chara on the ice for basically the entire game would be unreal and would make Boston the even more clear cut favorite to win the East and have a legitimate shot at the cup. Oh, and he's 23.
Having Savard, Krejci, and Bergeron on the ice basically the entire game is pretty nice as well.

I'll take 10 years of Bergeron over 2 of Pronger.

PS- How many 3rd line centers average more than the teams 2nd line center? I'm assuming you think Krejci is the teams second line center here.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Having Savard, Krejci, and Bergeron on the ice basically the entire game is pretty nice as well.

I'll take 10 years of Bergeron over 2 of Pronger.

PS- How many 3rd line centers average more than the teams 2nd line center? I'm assuming you think Krejci is the teams second line center here.
Your right, but would you rather have Savard, krejci and Bergeron, or two top 5 defenseman in the league on the ice all of the time? It's your choice, but I would guess 99% of people would take the 2 defenseman in that situation.

The 10 years over 2 years seems like a good argument. But there are a lot of variables in which you have to take in to account when you make a statement like that. Like injuries and depleted play. It goes both ways of course and that is something that the GM needs to take in to account. If he feels that having Pronger while sacrificing Bergeron would put the team over the edge for this season and really increase their chance at a cup for this year and next...would he do it?

I don't quite get what your 3rd point means, I assume Krejci is the 2nd line center because that is what I had read and been told by Bruins fans. Is he not your 2nd line center? Do you want to spend 5M on a 3rd line center for the next few years?

Last edited by Sean Garrity: 02-22-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
grabo84

Pronger-Chara would be the most intimidating defence pairing all-time. I'd love to see that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Your right, but would you rather have Savard, krejci and Bergeron, or two top 5 defenseman in the league on the ice all of the time? It's your choice, but I would guess 99% of people would take the 2 defenseman in that situation.
Well, you see, you're just looking at it as a one year thing.

I think I'd rather have 3 potential 80 point players out at all-times....

Quote:
The 10 years over 2 years seems like a good argument. But there are a lot of variables in which you have to take in to account when you make a statement like that. Like injuries and depleted play. It goes both ways of course and that is something that the GM needs to take in to account. If he feels that having Pronger while sacrificing Bergeron would put the team over the edge for this season and really increase their chance at a cup for this year and next...would he do it?
Trading Bergeron for Pronger MIGHT give us a better shot at winning this season.... From that standpoint you say the Bruins win. But then in 3 years when Bergeron is a 1st line shutdown center putting up 85 points and Pronger is retired, who do you think wins?

Quote:
I don't quite get what your 3rd point means, I assume Krejci is the 2nd line center because that is what I had read and been told by Bruins fans. Is he not your 2nd line center?
Bergeron is better than Krejci and averages more TOI.

Quote:
Do you want to spend 5M on a 3rd line center for the next few years?
If Bergeron is a 3rd liner on any team that really speaks to the type of team they have.... If he was a 3rd liner that team would easily win the cup. Krejci isn't making much and will get around 4 for his next contract, so we'll be paying 4 for our 2rd cener. Something I'm just fine with.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Well, you see, you're just looking at it as a one year thing.

I think I'd rather have 3 potential 80 point players out at all-times....

Trading Bergeron for Pronger MIGHT give us a better shot at winning this season.... From that standpoint you say the Bruins win. But then in 3 years when Bergeron is a 1st line shutdown center putting up 85 points and Pronger is retired, who do you think wins?

Bergeron is better than Krejci and averages more TOI.

If Bergeron is a 3rd liner on any team that really speaks to the type of team they have.... If he was a 3rd liner that team would easily win the cup. Krejci isn't making much and will get around 4 for his next contract, so we'll be paying 4 for our 2rd cener. Something I'm just fine with.
Did not know the bolded part.

I guess all I am saying is, say you acquiredPronger for Bergeron because you feel he gives you a better shot at winning the cup this year, when you are already dominant. Would you be willing to sacrifice one or two great runs and possible cups with Pronger, or as of right now 3 years of being very good with Bergeron?(Of course this is only the thinking if you feel Pronger puts you over the edge) I think the point is, there is no guarantee Bergeron ever gets back to his old offensive ways or resigns at the end of his contract because you simply don't know what to expect, but you know what you are getting in Pronger barring injury for this year and next.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Ducks with Getzlaf/Perry on line one and Bergeron/Ryan on line two would be quite a team to watch IMO.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
I was laughed at for suggesting Kessel for Ryan + this summer. I knew this kid was going to be the real deal.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

seems like aneheim would be interested

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote