HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: BJ Penn releases "grease gate" video regarding GSP on his site

Old
02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
OT: BJ Penn releases "grease gate" video regarding GSP on his site

http://mmamania.com/2009/02/19/ufc-9...-on-bjpenncom/

Thoughts?

BJ needs to stop whining, but the commission should take extra measures to insure that fighters aren't doing this.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Haddock

If your opponent is too grease up to get a hold on him then he should be too greased up to get a good hold on you.

Penn's a moron.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Dana White is saying the same thing.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=267945

02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Go Habs Go

Its a shame because without the vaseline, GSP would've killed him either way. This will taint the fight forever. GSP should drop down to 155 and take his belt too

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
CaptKirk

ufc is the new poker

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
the vinyl version

It's maybe a good point about the grease, but to get into the shots to the back of the head and the grabbing of the shorts just screams sore loser.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Maurice Richard*

Its out and out cheating ..GSP can say all he wants he knows nothing about it but come on , give it a rest GSP.It totally took away BJs strategy , it was a rip off and BJ should get a re-match .

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:50 PM
JudasPriced

I would be absolutely shocked if Penn accepted another fight with GSP vaseline or no vaseline. I'm pretty sure he knows he's taking his life in his hands and how outclassed he is. He's just trying to salvage some pride. What little of it there is left.

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Maurice Richard*

IF you watch Bjs video , GSP is known to be a greaser , its not like this is the only time and whats with hiding the vaseline jar if its just for his face ..i think after witnessing that video that GSP should be stripped of his title !!

Old
02-21-2009, 04:59 PM
D3nZ

Penn wants another money shot. The better man won and will win in another fight.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:05 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
Its out and out cheating ..GSP can say all he wants he knows nothing about it but come on , give it a rest GSP.It totally took away BJs strategy , it was a rip off and BJ should get a re-match .
Might want to give Penn some more time so he can think of his next excuse why he lost. It's always something with this guy. He should man up and admit the better fighter won rather than making excuses every time he loses. Penn is a joke and will get his ass kicked again. I dont even think the guy landed a punch and spent the whole match on the mat and all this was because of Vaseline lol wow

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKoivu11 View Post
I would be absolutely shocked if Penn accepted another fight with GSP vaseline or no vaseline. I'm pretty sure he knows he's taking his life in his hands and how outclassed he is. He's just trying to salvage some pride. What little of it there is left.
GSP challenged him again and Penn accepted, only a few days later he started talking about organizing his fight with KenFlo.

Quote:
IF you watch Bjs video , GSP is known to be a greaser , its not like this is the only time and whats with hiding the vaseline jar if its just for his face ..i think after witnessing that video that GSP should be stripped of his title !!
you think the champion should be stripped of his title after watching a video accusing the champion of cheating by the loser? You don't feel that there is very good reason for Penn to exagerate a bit? You say that GSP is "known" to be a greaser based on a video made by his opponent who just got the worst beatdown of his career?? lol

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-22-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:31 PM
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
http://mmamania.com/2009/02/19/ufc-9...-on-bjpenncom/

Thoughts?

BJ needs to stop whining, but the commission should take extra measures to insure that fighters aren't doing this.

Did he touch GSP once in that fight? That thing is a joke. I agree that you have to control that but seriously to think that it was a factor...come on.....PENN always was and is still a poor looser.

Nobody wants another fight...not the fans, not Dana White and surely not BJ PENN.He's mouthing off because he knows its not gonna happen....everybody would laugh at him having 3 straight loss.

Its too bad for GSP but I think that he's so popular and people know about MMA'S and they know he just nailed him easily.

About Hughes who tries to get in on this also! lol! He's FINISHED. Be serious.

flowerpower13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Domenic

"Waaah! He greased between rounds! Waaah!"

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Orange

BJ's video is edited horse crap and hearsay, but the situation does look bad on GSP. The cornermen know the rulebook. It's unconceivable that someone that had Vaseline on their hands is allowed to touch the body of the athlete other than the head.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Penn is a sore loser. GSP sure had grease and Dana White says it's illegal,but that doesn't change the fact that St-Pierre beat Penn 2 times in a row and in a dominant way. GSP is just in a class appart. I couldn't care less about a rematch, we'd just see the same old result.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Maurice Richard*

BJ is known for his submissions and you can see plain as day his leg and arms are continually slipping off GSP body .If you watch the complete video as i stated above OTHER fighters have complained about GSP feeling oiley and greasy .Why wouldnt BJ use the video to complain , especially when its so obvious that he is cheating .GSP will be the one making excuses when he has a super fight with Anderson Silva IF he can slip (get it :-) ) by Thiago Alves who will defintely test GSPs suspect chin .

Old
02-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Maurice Richard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Penn is a sore loser. GSP sure had grease and Dana White says it's illegal,but that doesn't change the fact that St-Pierre beat Penn 2 times in a row and in a dominant way. GSP is just in a class appart. I couldn't care less about a rematch, we'd just see the same old result.
DID you see GSPs face after the first fight ..hamburger best describes it , BJ owned him in the first then GSP slipped his way to victory .

Old
02-21-2009, 05:57 PM
flowerpower13*

Quote:
BJ is known for his submissions and you can see plain as day his leg and arms are continually slipping off GSP body .If you watch the complete video as i stated above OTHER fighters have complained about GSP feeling oiley and greasy .Why wouldnt BJ use the video to complain , especially when its so obvious that he is cheating .GSP will be the one making excuses when he has a super fight with Anderson Silva IF he can slip (get it :-) ) by Thiago Alves who will defintely test GSPs suspect chin .

Sherk said he was greasy, that guy was caught using steroids and suspended...............Do your homework people.
Hughes is know as the biggets ass...in MMA and thats why Matt Serra still wants to fight him even thought Hughes is finished.He was beaten easily.
Penn was beaten twice, he's well known for mouthing off more than training......so......if I hear some comments from good guys of MMA'S that "didnt" LOOSE to GSP, maybe we can give some credits to their comments.

Old
02-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Rickkins

Oh, there'll be a rematch...but this time, GSP will use stick'um....and still destroy that whiney little turd. Who wants to bet that he'll complain about that too...??

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
BJ tapped and tryed to make it look like it was his coach move he's a little *****.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
DID you see GSPs face after the first fight ..hamburger best describes it , BJ owned him in the first then GSP slipped his way to victory .
Who cares about the first fight? GSP won it, there's no doubt that he's a muich better fighter than Penn. Penn's just a little attention *****, just like somebody else I know.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
bib
#believe

Penn was also accusing him of juicing. He's such a sore loser, grasping at anything he can to make excuses.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
flowerpower13*

GSP was sweating because he was the only one working out there while Penn was lying down!
He called GSP a "quitter" everywhere....but was the one to quit!!

Old
02-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Maurice Richard*

At least GSP can add another sponsor Vaseline ."When it comes to an important fight , i only grease up with Vaseline ..guarenteed to help you avoid those nasty submissions ..i owe it all to vaseline ..ime GSP and i cheat with Vaseline !!!!"