HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal and Philadelphia Trade!

Old
02-21-2009, 10:06 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Halak reminds me of Thomas Vokoun when he was with Montreal. I'm sure once Halak is dealt somewhere, he'll rise to the top and be a real number one in the league.

With that being said, there's no way the Flyers make that deal. They don't need a 'potential' number one goalie or a potential UFA d-man. If they're moving Gagne, they're moving him because they're getting a sure bet in return.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:12 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
They Flyers then officially have 3 1b goalies with no 1a guy to lead them.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The guy who has a no-movement clause instead of just a simple no-trade clause.
joking and you know how i feel about Briere.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:19 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Wouldn't do it from a Philadelphia perspective. Gagne has a NTC, and there's no way he is injury prone, he had the concussion or two(we don't know if he had one, healed, and got another or the first one never healed and he came back too soon).

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:36 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol1ce View Post
To:

Simon Gagne

To:

Mike Komisarek
Jaroslav Halak

Before people jump the gun and say, Gagne is worth more than just those two, please remember he is highly injury prone. Although he has skill, it's not worth a whole lot when your injured, that's why I think Gane's value drops.

Philly gets a shutdown defenseman (Mike Komisarek) that replaces the losses of Jason Smith and Derian Hatcher. By receiving Halak, Philly gets the oppurtunity to move Nittymaki or Biron.

Montreal gets a potential 50 goal scorer, and an impact player who can lead the team in the near future.

That right there ends this discussion. You are either an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about or... Well you'd be an idiot for tarding for a player who is ALWAYS injured. Face it, you made a CLEAR one sided trade in hopes of stealing an all-star player for crap in return and you are trying ot justify it by INCORRECTLY stating that he's "injury prone".

I know, Koivu has had cancer so we'll trade you Randy Jones for him. Now before you jump all over me saying that Koivu is worth far more than Jones lets remember thaa Koivu has had cancer and will likely DIE n within a years time. That alone makes this a win for the Habs. Now doesn't that sound stupid too???

Here are that FACTS surrounding Gagne. He is NOT "injury prone. He's been in the league 9 seasons now and only missed significant time due to injury (10 or more games) TWICE. That's far from injury prone. You'ree a tool who like too many others spout off what they THINK they know to be true as supposed "fact". You are wrong about Gagne being injury prone and Holmgren wouldm't even do you the courtisy of laughing at you, you'd just hear a "click" if you called him with that proposal. Go talk to one of the other idiot teams that over value their assets and think they can steal from the teams at the top. I understand you wanting what the Flyer have but please just go away, you embarrass all of Canada when you make stupid comments like this.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:03 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
That right there ends this discussion. You are either an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about or... Well you'd be an idiot for tarding for a player who is ALWAYS injured. Face it, you made a CLEAR one sided trade in hopes of stealing an all-star player for crap in return and you are trying ot justify it by INCORRECTLY stating that he's "injury prone".

I know, Koivu has had cancer so we'll trade you Randy Jones for him. Now before you jump all over me saying that Koivu is worth far more than Jones lets remember thaa Koivu has had cancer and will likely DIE n within a years time. That alone makes this a win for the Habs. Now doesn't that sound stupid too???

Here are that FACTS surrounding Gagne. He is NOT "injury prone. He's been in the league 9 seasons now and only missed significant time due to injury (10 or more games) TWICE. That's far from injury prone. You'ree a tool who like too many others spout off what they THINK they know to be true as supposed "fact". You are wrong about Gagne being injury prone and Holmgren wouldm't even do you the courtisy of laughing at you, you'd just hear a "click" if you called him with that proposal. Go talk to one of the other idiot teams that over value their assets and think they can steal from the teams at the top. I understand you wanting what the Flyer have but please just go away, you embarrass all of Canada when you make stupid comments like this.
Philly fans are an angry bunch

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:08 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Philly fans are an angry bunch
Nope, we just laugh at fans like the Habs expecting to rob us blind.

Old
02-22-2009, 03:19 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Halak reminds me of Thomas Vokoun when he was with Montreal.
Really? I'm not even sure Vokoun remembers the period he played in Montréal... Though that may be selective memory in his case.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
i am actually suprised that montreal fans would want anyone from our team after the playoffs last year. i was expecting them to not want any of our players after that. hmmm

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
i am actually suprised that montreal fans would want anyone from our team after the playoffs last year. i was expecting them to not want any of our players after that. hmmm
Hey, we may have outplayed you outside of the crease, but your team wasn't that bad

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:28 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Hey, we may have outplayed you outside of the crease, but your team wasn't that bad
The difference was goaltending, no doubt about it. outside of the crease we had no business being on the same ice as you guys. We are still a very young team that is just getting better every month that goes by. We are much much better this year than we were last year with primarily the same core players.

Old
02-22-2009, 10:41 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Considering Gagne didn't play in any of those games...

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
ibeck

Philadelphia has not had a legit number one since ron hextall.Why would they want to take another chance on Halak? It just would not make sense for philly.

ibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck View Post
Philadelphia has not had a legit number one since ron hextall.Why would they want to take another chance on Halak? It just would not make sense for philly.
Legit and proven #1 are almost impossible to trade for and every times it happened in recent memory, the team who traded the goalie got screwed. Roy, Luongo, Huet (who Mtl dearly missed vs. Philly). Even Bryzgalof was a steal for Phoenix.

So, unless the Flyers are ready to give up Richards or Carter and a ******** of bluechip prospects, they're gonna have to go with young unproven guys and hope he develops well.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Legit and proven #1 are almost impossible to trade for and every times it happened in recent memory, the team who traded the goalie got screwed. Roy, Luongo, Huet (who Mtl dearly missed vs. Philly). Even Bryzgalof was a steal for Phoenix.

So, unless the Flyers are ready to give up Richards or Carter and a ******** of bluechip prospects, they're gonna have to go with young unproven guys and hope he develops well.
Wait, why would the Flyers get screwed if the team who trades the goalie gets screwed? Wouldn't the Flyers be the team doing the screwing, if a trade went down?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Wait, why would the Flyers get screwed if the team who trades the goalie gets screwed? Wouldn't the Flyers be the team doing the screwing, if a trade went down?
I was just stating that getting a goaltender with SCF potential is unbelievably hard to get by from a trade and rarely favored teams willing to let go of them and I showed examples to justify my claim. And since I don't consider myself more knowledgeable than the 30 GMs, so they're probably very aware of that too, hence making it very hard for the Flyers to get a safebet #1 goalie without absurd overpayment that would cripple the team outside the crease.

I mean, even here on HFboards people are accepting this. How many ridiculous trade proposal have we seen that included Ovie, Malkin, Getzlaf or w/e?? Tons. How many threads about Luongo, Nabokov, Miller or Brodeur getting traded? Close to none. Because #1 goalies don't get traded unless something goes wrong (à la Roy).

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:27 PM
DUHockey9

It's an alright proposal...I don't think it would happen for some of the reasons stated prior.

I just want to point out however, that Gagne isn't really injury prone. He has only missed significant time in 2 out of the 9 seasons of his career. Once because of a shoulder, and last year because of the concussion. Granted, concussions are scary...but still.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote