HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

ryan miller injured!

Old
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
sgupca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheroc87 View Post
with miller going down with a high ankle spain...would buffalo have any interest in re-aquiring marty biron?
Toskala for a pick/prospect + Max (salary dump) ?

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Employing Hollweg, Avery and Orr in the past couple years and they get mad about a guy who delivers legal hits?

I'd hate Kaleta if he was on another team, the way I don't like Lucic or Ott, but the level of hate other fans have for him is rediculous.
Right. Legal hits. Like when he hit Mara in the face so he couldn't eat solid food for a while and then went after his head again the next time he saw him (and Mara beat the tar out of Kaleta's face for it).

Yeah. Real legal.

Kaleta is a cheap shot artist. You Sabres fans in denial are so funny.

And for the record, I love Lucic. Ott is a dirtbag, though. Same level as Kaleta. Both him and Kaleta deserve to be removed from the game by any means necessary.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenfaithful44 View Post
Brutally elbowed from behind. Naslund him from the front. It was a clean hit. The penalty on that play came when naslund continued to push him into the ice because Kaletta leg locked him.
I didn't think the hit was real clean. It was a high hit. He ended up getting Kaleta in the face from what I saw. The little **** leg lock was text-book Kaleta, though.

I don't know how he can look himself in the mirror with the cowardice he plays with.

But, as I said, I only wish he hit him harder and more violently.

There is bad blood with Kaleta and the Rangers after what that piece of **** did to Mara.

Old
02-22-2009, 01:00 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Right. Legal hits. Like when he hit Mara in the face so he couldn't eat solid food for a while and then went after his head again the next time he saw him (and Mara beat the tar out of Kaleta's face for it).

Yeah. Real legal.

And for the record, I love Lucic. Ott is a dirtbag, though. Same level as Kaleta. Both him and Kaleta deserve to be removed from the game by any means necessary.
The irony. Supposedly Naslund was a clean hit, while Kaleta on Mara wasn't?

They were both clean.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:04 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:

Yeah. Real legal.

Yeah, and you were a fan of a team that employed Hollweg, Avery and still employs Orr, who left his feet and hit Spacek high last night. Just stop.

And for the record, there were no fines, suspensions or penalties (except on Staal(?) for retaliation) on the Mara hit. Your boy lost his cool to an agitator, to which the Rangers are notorious for hiring themselves. Grow up.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
The irony. Supposedly Naslund was a clean hit, while Kaleta on Mara wasn't?

They were both clean.
I never said the Naslund hit was clean. If you'd of bothered to wait 5 seconds and read the last post I made, you'd of seen that I said it was a bit dirty.

Good job.

And how in the world can you POSSIBLY call the hit on Mara clean when the guy left his feet well before the hit and drove his elbow and fore-arm into Mara's face? Are you sure you even remember the hit?

Old
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Yeah, and you were a fan of a team that employed Hollweg, Avery and still employs Orr, who left his feet and hit Spacek high last night. Just stop.

And for the record, there were no fines, suspensions or penalties (except on Staal(?) for retaliation) on the Mara hit. Your boy lost his cool to an agitator, to which the Rangers are notorious for hiring themselves. Grow up.
Hey, I wanted Hollweg gone after he made a complete fool of himself during last year. And who cares about Avery? He's a yapper, but he's not a cheap shot. Doesn't go out of his way to really try and hurt players. He's a turtle and a bit of a coward at times, but not a real cheap shot.

And Orr? He's an enforcer. Why even bring a guy up like that? Sheesh. What a dumb thing to bring up.

Old
02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Hey, I wanted Hollweg gone after he made a complete fool of himself during last year. And who cares about Avery? He's a yapper, but he's not a cheap shot. Doesn't go out of his way to really try and hurt players. He's a turtle and a bit of a coward at times, but not a real cheap shot.

And Orr? He's an enforcer. Why even bring a guy up like that? Sheesh. What a dumb thing to bring up.
Kaleta has not been suspended for a hit. He's has something like 4 minutes in penalties for hits this year. Which, given the sample size, isn't that much. Kaleta goes out of his way to hit people and doesn't do anything particularly cheap with his hits. The only thing you can call him on is hitting a second late, which happens across the league.

As for the Mara hit, the collision knocked him off his feet, he didn't jump from the replays I saw. And he kept his arm tucked. I don't know what phantom elbow you're talking about unless you have a better angle than I did.

I brought up Orr because he had some questionable plays from last night, hit late, hit high and left his feet because he was trying to stir things up with Peters not dressed and the Rangers being down 2-0. And you were calling Kaleta a cheapshot artist. I had to put things in perspective.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:27 PM
4jp

You what is this thread about again..........

4jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
0V3CHKiN

Fernandez to Buffalo? Gives Buffalo a rental and clears cap for Boston with at least some form of compensation and opens up the possibility for Boston to make another deal for their playoff push (e.g.: Pronger)

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:07 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Call up Dennis!!!

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
comeonnow

Send a message via Yahoo to comeonnow
Quote:
Uh, Kaleta was not elbowed from behind. He was elbowed in the face.

I WISH that Naslund put him into the boards from behind. Anything to get that cheapshot POS out of the NHL would be a plus. And I mean anything.
You sir, are a tool. You probably loved Ryan Hollweg.

comeonnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

LOL @ high ankle spain

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:04 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Call up Dennis!!!
Hurt. Done for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
LOL @ high ankle spain
Well, the Pyrenees would be the ankle...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0V3CHKiN View Post
Fernandez to Buffalo? Gives Buffalo a rental and clears cap for Boston with at least some form of compensation and opens up the possibility for Boston to make another deal for their playoff push (e.g.: Pronger)
I don't even want to think about a Chara-Pronger combo...

Well, with Brodeur coming back this week, there is no room 3 goalies, and I firmly believe Weekes won't be going anywhere. Maybe Clemmensen would work out for you for the month and change Miller is out. High ankle sprains take time, just look at Crosby last year and Rolston this year.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Game Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Manny Fernandez for Max Afinogenov and a 2nd rounder

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dan Ellis could be on the block for a forward.