HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crawford's to blame

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Le Gross Pork

vCash:
Crawford's to blame

I blame Mark Crawford more than anyone, including Bertuzzi, for what happened to Moore. He is such a flaming, hot-headed coach who has no coolness at all (like Julien) and he can never conceal his true emotions. He should've had his team disciplined instead he had them pumped up as head-hunters, hell bent on getting revenge (on a clean hit too). This guy's temperment is a detriment to the league.

Old
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Howie Morenz

vCash: 500
An 8-2 thrashing at the time of the incident didn't help matters.

Old
03-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Cariboux

Just like someone said here, if it was Koivu who was victim of a cheapshot and the other guy get nothing, do you want him to be revenge ?

Just remember the Marc Savard incident

Old
03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
You remember Therrien after the Mclaren hits ? He wanted to bring a HUGE guys from Hamilton to kick the ass out of them..

He did bring him but didnt play him.. heh..

No, seriously, in the heat of the moment I can understand Crawford. Hockey is an intense game

Old
03-11-2004, 11:30 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
You remember Therrien after the Mclaren hits ? He wanted to bring a HUGE guys from Hamilton to kick the ass out of them..

He did bring him but didnt play him.. heh..

No, seriously, in the heat of the moment I can understand Crawford. Hockey is an intense game

This was three weeks later, how long does the "heat of the game" last?

Old
03-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
Just like someone said here, if it was Koivu who was victim of a cheapshot and the other guy get nothing, do you want him to be revenge ?

Just remember the Marc Savard incident
I would NOT want a Canadien to do to Savard what Bertuzzi did to Moore. I don't believe any poster on this forum would--that is, unless he was unbalanced.

Old
03-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
I would NOT want a Canadien to do to Savard what Bertuzzi did to Moore. I don't believe any poster on this forum would--that is, unless he was unbalanced.
not a cheap shot like this but he would have to pay the price for what he has done

Old
03-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
not a cheap shot like this but he would have to pay the price for what he has done
He was hit. Don't you remember that Savard was put out of action?

Old
03-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
He was hit. Don't you remember that Savard was put out of action?
Yup. Quintal gave him a crushing check, which resulted in a concussion for Savard (not intended of course!).

Old
03-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
If any coach is to blame it's Tony Granato. What the hell is Moore doing on the ice in the 3rd period when the score is like that. They were just asking for something to happen and it did.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:13 PM
romain_jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
If any coach is to blame it's Tony Granato. What the hell is Moore doing on the ice in the 3rd period when the score is like that. They were just asking for something to happen and it did.
So everytime someone drills a star player, the next game against that team they should sit "incase" the unthinkable happens? come on!

This is hockey.. Moore already scrapped that game, if he had to scrap again fine! He's a smart kid, he knows it's coming. But who would have thought that he would have been attacked with such hatred and with so much intent to injure.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Prrebel

Moore was on the ice because the score was 9-2.
In a game like that why would you have Sakic,Forsberg, Salenne, Karyia, etc on the ice and risk an injury, be it by getting a puck in the face, catching a skate in a rut etc. If the Habs were up 9-2 with a few minutes left in the game, which lines would you have out there.

And Pork, to say that you blame Crawford more than you blame Bertuzzi for the incident is just stupid. I was wanting them to fight too, so I guess I am to blame also.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Carbonneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
So everytime someone drills a star player, the next game against that team they should sit "incase" the unthinkable happens? come on!

This is hockey.. Moore already scrapped that game, if he had to scrap again fine! He's a smart kid, he knows it's coming. But who would have thought that he would have been attacked with such hatred and with so much intent to injure.

Ok, once your done hugging your tree, look at what I wrote. Where did I saw Moore should have sat the next game?? Moore went out there and did face Vancouver and fought. I never said what Bertuzzi did was right.

When the score gets that far out of hand, your just asking for fighs to happen.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:24 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Ok, once your done hugging your tree, look at what I wrote. Where did I saw Moore should have sat the next game?? Moore went out there and did face Vancouver and fought. I never said what Bertuzzi did was right.

So they shouldn't score so many goals?

Old
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel
Moore was on the ice because the score was 9-2.
In a game like that why would you have Sakic,Forsberg, Salenne, Karyia, etc on the ice and risk an injury, be it by getting a puck in the face, catching a skate in a rut etc. If the Habs were up 9-2 with a few minutes left in the game, which lines would you have out there.

And Pork, to say that you blame Crawford more than you blame Bertuzzi for the incident is just stupid. I was wanting them to fight too, so I guess I am to blame also.
Correct. With the score as it was, Granato was probably thinking, "Better keep my stars off lest Ruutu or Cooke decides to get a little payback by taking a cheapshot on one of them." Ruutu especially would have done this. In the last game, he intentionally sticked Forsberg in the face, for Pete's sake.

The Canucks were looking for revenge, plain and simple. This may be callous, but in the final analysis it's to the Av's benefit that it was Moore who they targeted, and not Sakic, Hejduk, Forsberg, Tanguay, or Selanne. Considering the punk cheapshot artists that populate the Canucks line up, that could have just as easily happened.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Carbonneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
So they shouldn't score so many goals?

Why can't you 2 read what I wrote??

I never said they should run up the score, I'd do it too. But Granato should have relized that something would happen when the score gets that far outta hand.

Now read this before replying

Old
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Why can't you 2 read what I wrote??

I never said they should run up the score, I'd do it too. But Granato should have relized that something would happen when the score gets that far outta hand.

Now read this before replying

Ok then, who should he have put on the ice? The game was out of reach going in to the third period. The Canucks have been chippy all game. One whole period to go, who plays?

Old
03-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Carbonneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Ok then, who should he have put on the ice? The game was out of reach going in to the third period. The Canucks have been chippy all game. One whole period to go, who plays?

you

Old
03-11-2004, 12:43 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
you
Nice. Well thought out.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:46 PM
romain_jaime

Quote:

Fights are going to happen regardless of the score, Bertuzzi should have faced him up, dropped his gloves, and drilled him... Even if Moore didn't fight back, atleast he settled the score properly.

Nobody, including Granato could have forseen what Bert did. There was no reason to take Moore out of the game with the "fear" of what could or could've happened. Remember, these are "professional" athletes.

So again, how can you blame Granato?

Closed Thread